+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do you need as a working parent?

I was saying to DH before that this week we don't need daycare, we need day quarantine on acoount of our dd being unable to go to day care because of illness (I'm thinking nice white cubicles with wipe clean cushions and toys that are sterilised daily and dvds and fluids and a nurse) and it is just really bad timing for either of us to get out of work. I'm sure we have all had these days/weeks. Failing this, I need a rent-a-granny because the only granny that my dd has is broken ( ) and we can't call on her to mind dd for us any more.

So what do you need to make this ridiculous juggling act work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weekend daycare!

It's so hard to find a Monday - Friday 9-5 job working in Cafe/bars!
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 23-05-2013 at 23:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I need before school care to open at 6 so i can go full time instead of having to beg for hours. I also need weekend care that is under CCB as working weekends i basically pay my sister almost what i earn and there isnt any point in it at all but i still need to work.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daycare quarantine, daycare starting at 5am and avail on weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Weekend daycare!

It's do hard to find a Monday - Friday 9-5 job working in Cafe/bars!
    This^ . It's so hard to find nearly any job that doesn't expect availability 24/7.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking of a daycare 'sick bay' kinda thing too! DD was sick earlier in the week and it's hard taking time off when I'm part time already! At the same time I really want to be with her when she's sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A fdc that doesn't get sick or has relatives die!! I have used up most of my leave taking time off cause I can't get care for DS when she takes the day off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes daycare quarantine!

I would love daycare to do pick up as drop off. How awesome would that be?

Also daycare car lanes so you don't have tired babies stuck in horrible city traffic lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to crash, just in response to those after weekend care there are quite a few family daycares that offer weekend care and before and after hours care. The one my DS goes to offers weekend care and overnight care

ETA: our FDC also offers pick up and drop off
    Last edited by Ashley595; 24-05-2013 at 09:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have worked at a daycare that does pickups and drop offs. I know it must be hard having to take time off work for sick kids, but I find work hard when parents send kids to kindy sick. It's hard to juggle 23 kids on my own while my assistant is suck cleaning up vomit etc. sometimes it can't be helped I know, but parents that know their child is really unwell (vomiting, diarea, temperatures is what I'm talking about, not a cough or runny nose) and send them anyway... Well it's not fair on their child, or the Childcare workers or the other children in care.