+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've only been on the road for a year but I haven't even used my horn yet, I just curse to myself or the other day I raised my hand in exasperation at the driver of a fwd who decided it was ok for them to try and merge into me from the turning lane grr.
    I would never get out of the car and I now drive with my doors locked after witnessing some scary stuff on the road. A couple of weeks ago I was behind 2 cars at a round about, a person got out of the car in front of me and ran up to the car in front of them banging angrily on their window trying to get them to get out. They drove up onto the curb and the other car followed them. I didn't hang around to find out what went down, I got out of there (not willing to get involved with my kids in the car with me)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Df got to where he was going and didn't notice the other guy had followed. Idiot got out of his car and started having a go at df and took a swing at him. Luckily df has good reflexes so wasn't hit but just shows you never know.
    My DH got followed similarly to this. The road rager got out of his car and wanted to fight DH - DH told him to get back in his car and p!ss off. He had been tailgating DH to try and make him drive faster but DH stuck to the speed limit, which enraged this guy beyond belief.

The guy ended up going away, but 3 days later this same maniac followed DH home on foot while he was walking home from work, ended up confronting him in an alley way and urged DH to fight him.

DH told him he wasn't going to fight him and to back off. The guy quickly pounced on him, got DH to the ground and kicked the crap out of him.

This psycho wasn't properly punished by the law and he is still freely roaming the streets.

So please people, be careful, you never know how crazy some drivers can really be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    My DH got followed similarly to this. The road rager got out of his car and wanted to fight DH - DH told him to get back in his car and p!ss off. He had been tailgating DH to try and make him drive faster but DH stuck to the speed limit, which enraged this guy beyond belief.

The guy ended up going away, but 3 days later this same maniac followed DH home on foot while he was walking home from work, ended up confronting him in an alley way and urged DH to fight him.

DH told him he wasn't going to fight him and to back off. The guy quickly pounced on him, got DH to the ground and kicked the crap out of him.

This psycho wasn't properly punished by the law and he is still freely roaming the streets.

So please people, be careful, you never know how crazy some drivers can really be.
    oh my goodness! Your poor dh. I hope he is ok now. That's ridiculous that the offender wasn't punished more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post

And they wonder why people take justice into their own hands?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only ever beep when someone has put me in danger, even if someone cuts me off in a rude way I wouldn't bother.

It just isn't worth it - some people are nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This is why I don't ever want to drive. Why beep? Where do you possibly need to be that you couldn't be 20 or 30 seconds later to? A covert operation? Far out, just wait, people. Just sit and chill at a stop sign for a minute. I don't get why everyone is in such a huge rush all the time

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not that it justifies it, but I think it is a man thing. My DH is the most gentle and sweet man but put him behind the wheel and he changes. He has no patience. He doesn't get out and confront people but he does do other things.

My attitude is you just don't know the person in the other car. Yes they might just be a bad driver but it could also be a old lady, or someone driving for the first time after having a serious car accident, maybe their child won't stop screaming etc.

If someone beeps me for no reason I just wave at then and continue on my merry way. Getting out of your car and confronting someone is very intimidating behaviour. I'd probably pack my pants while dialling 000!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Imo a small beep if people are just sitting at a stop sign for no good reason or sitting at a green light and obviously distracted is fine and if someone was to get of there car to confront me on it you betnid be calling thpolice on them , have you seen th stories on the news lately, no freaking way would trust anyone getting out of tyeir car and proceeding towards mine.

Dh was driving with us home one day in brisbane, had some silly p plater trying to race him speding uo slowing down , reving, hokning, yelling. (Happens all the time damn commodore, everyone thinks you own one you should race) dh didn't react, ignored him did the speed limit kept driving. Our turn of was coming out so we had to merge and well we mrgd infront of him, why I have no idea because we merged correctly but it upset th othr driver he kept diving really close to our car, we took our turn off and the other car still follwed behind and thdriuver was waving a bat out the window drve up beside us and told us to pull the eff over, this crazy dude follwed us rght into our driveway and got out of his car with his bat, and walked towards our car dh had a steering wheel lock under his seat grabbed it got out and told him if he didnt **** of dh would use and it wasnt an empty threat he had kids in his car and he was being extremely dangerous and that the police were on there way ( they weren't) and he said something like its your lucky day or something got in his car and left

People be crazy, really crazy.

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate beeping, it's too confrontational to me so I never really do it UNLESS someone is purposely doing something reckless like changing 3 lanes at once on a highway! If someone is dawdling at an intersection or hasn't taken off at a green light, I just flash my high beams after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Which is more of a 'helllloo, are you alive in there?'.

I think getting out & commenting at a beep is totally unnecessary.