+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes people who feel the need to stop at a stop sign for 20 seconds shouldn't be on the road.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (24-05-2013),just her chameleon  (24-05-2013),NancyBlackett  (24-05-2013),Tainted  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id just ignore them!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sometimes people who feel the need to stop at a stop sign for 20 seconds shouldn't be on the road.
    Exactly. Nothing more dangerous than an unconfident driver.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been beeped at before at a stop sign. I was waiting for a cyclist who was about to pass in front of my car and the guy behind me must have thought I was waiting for nothing.

It annoyed me, but there is no way I would get out of my car to talk to the beeping driver.

I won't tell the full story as it's long, but my DH was beaten up by a maniac as a result of road rage. There are some nut jobs out there, so it's best to keep to yourself.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's reasonable. I have been very tempted to do it but you just never know who is in the other car. It might be a nut job, or a little old lady who would have a heart attack at the sight of you coming at her (whether you meant it aggressively or not)

I was on a junction with a give way sign recently, coming out onto a busy road, and I needed to get across three lanes fairly quickly. I was waiting until the way was totally clear, obviously, but the driver behind was going bonkers on their horn because, I assume, they thought I was clear to go. I was sorely tempted to hop out and give them an earful but what would it achieve really? Why should I upset my day & turn a stupid impatient tantrum on the horn into something bigger. When they are at the top of the queue they can decide when it's safe, until then it's my turn.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not reasonable at all. I think the honking is more reasonable, purely because it is not necessarily aggressive, sounds like it was intended to alert the first car, rather than to be aggressive.

I have beeped people who've been sat at a green light for long enough that it's obvious they're on their phone/definitely not paying attention. Usually they drive off and give a little wave.

If someone got out of their car to talk to me i would be bloody petrified.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (24-05-2013),Stiflers Mom  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't get out of the car.

If the road was completely deserted, as a last resort I would pull out onto the other side of the street and overtake them.

But no id never get out of the car, too many freaks around now, I'd be too scared to approach them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    You are not legally allowed to sound your horn UNLESS there is a danger of collision, you can be fined for it.
    The law is actually that the horn can only be used when it is nessecary to warn other road users or animals of the approach or position of your vehicle.

So perhaps you would be justified using the horn to make the driver in front aware you are positioned behind them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This is true. But I also have to say that it seems like everyone is in such a hurry these days, and seem to think wherever they are going is far more important and everyone else should just get out of their way. I think you need to be careful who you p*ss of too. There are some angry people out there. Some seem to be set off by something as simple as being beeped at (I have seen this myself).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would honk my horn is someone was sitting at a stop sign for no reason. Ive got better thigns to do than sit behind someone who cant decide whether to drive off or not. Getting out of the car is completely over the top!