+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    City road, country road, I don't honk at anyone but nor do I leave my car to confront anyone either, a little bit of courtesy to everyone on the road from all drivers goes a long way I think

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (24-05-2013)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Like others have said if there is a stop sign you need to stop, actually stop not give way. If I was doing this on a deserted street and the person behind me honked I would be peeved. I wouldn't get out of my car but I would pause a little longer just to make my point That being said I also wouldn't honk at someone who has stopped at a stop sign..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's normal or rational to get out of your car to confront someone for beeping their horn.

As for the beeper I think a short are you paying attention beep is justified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Each car must stop at a stop sign, no matter if there is a car coming or not. I think it is about 3 seconds that you have to stop for.
    There is no time rule you just have to come to a complete stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    There is no time rule you just have to come to a complete stop.
    I was taught (and it was part of my test) you have to be at a complete stop for 3 seconds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I was taught (and it was part of my test) you have to be at a complete stop for 3 seconds
    Yes this is the rule I was taught in Vic

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Best to apply the 3 seconds because the fine for not stopping at a stop sign is a lot and people still get fined for simply coming to a complete stop briefly rather than a significant stop. It really depends on the police officer who catches you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I failed my first driving test purely for not stopping long enough at a stop sign.

I think partly for that reason I am very vigilant about actually stopping at stop signs, irrespective of how much traffic there is the area etc. If someone 'honked' at me I would glare and shake my head at them through my rear view mirror and probably gesture at the stop sign. I think there are way too many idiots on the road that don't actually pay any attention to signs.

Curious as to where the OP is going with this one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    While it may be prudent practice to stop for 3 seconds the law is only that all wheels must come to a complete stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This kinda happened to me, I was on my ps so nervous and I didn't think it was safe to go. The car behind started honking and yelling, I was already stressed and freaking out, so I started yelling abuse out the window.

At that point I didn't have road rage. I just couldn't handle the beeping and being pushed to go when I was already stressing about making my move
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 23-05-2013 at 23:01.