+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luce77 View Post
    MummyJen- I just tried the avo berry 'ice cream' and it was hit! Thanks so much! She hadn't eaten any avo for months yay
    I know it's a great one. I added spinach to DS's scrambled eggs tonight and he ate it without batting an eyelid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS "accidentally" ate carrot, avo, cucumber last night. We had wraps and he just wanted the grated cheese so I gave him some with grated carrot mixed in and as he couldn't separate it quickly enough so he just ate both. Then he decided he wanted DH and mine's wraps which had a lot more salad stuff as well as onion and spinach in the meat. He ate quite a few different things without realising it. He wouldn't touch any of it (except the cheese) on its own.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a good food day today

Pre -breakfast 240mls fc milk
    Breakfast was a bit hit and miss- ended up 1/2 a strawberry smoothie, a Carmel's Apple Yummo Star and 1/2 a piece of vegemite toast.

Lunch -a plate with grapes, 3 mini rice cakes with PB, chicken chunks and apple and carrot slaw. Finished with a few slices of apple and some of my Mum's toasted sandwich.

Afternoon snack-1/4 of the left over smoothie from breakfast

Dinner- Latina kids beef an vegie ravioli with creamy tomato and cheese sauce. The remaining 1/4 of the smoothie & 1/2 a large jar of apple & oatmeal custard.

Can't believe it really. This must be our best food day in 6 months!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My extremely fussy almost 3 year old has started eating homemade pasties, and I can cram stacks of finely chopped veggies and mince in them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just gave DS lunch and he ate everything!!!! He had creamy pasta, grapes and cheese and did not leave anything on the plate. That is a first!!! We have been going ok lately, better than usual. I've been doing the selection plate and he has been having more. I have tried this before and it didn't work but this time so far has been better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD goes thru 'fussy' phases. She is generally a great eater so i dont get too concerned. If she fusses about and doesnt choose to eat what i offer then she simply goes without. I figure she's not that hungry anyways. When she is hungry she will eat everything and anything infront of her. So i just go with her, dont make a big deal of it, let her know there is no alternatives and im not cooking anything else, we went thru that and it was awful and stressful, i wasted alot of food. The decision is now hers.
    She does have days where she eats less than a bird, but that's normal FOR HER.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just made a sauce for DS's pasta that went down ok. Well he ate half of the amount I gave him so I count that as a success.

Sneaky Green Sauce
    • 1 Tbs butter
    • 1 Tbs flour
    • 3/4 cup milk
    • 1 cup cheddar cheese
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/2 cup peas
    • 2 cups of baby spincah
    • In a medium pot, boil 4 cups of water add peas cook for 2 min then add spinach cook a futher minute drain and puree.
    In the same pot, that you boiled the pasta in, (why get another one dirty, right?) melt butter. Add flour and whisk continuously. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
    Add milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer (low heat).
    Next, add the remaining ingredients, and stir until combined. Add pea and spinach puree and stir until combined.
    Pour over pasta and serve.
    This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air tight container or freeze small portions.

I added a sprinkle of garlic powder to the sauce for a bit more flavour.