+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also interested to hear some tips, we have a fussy 18 month old.. Live the strawberry avo icecream idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2yr old won't touch anything green but very occasionally eats trees (broccoli!) Last night he ate a bit of corn on the cob so I was happy with that (he called it corn crunch). I used to make him "special custard" which was pureed sweet orange vegies with yoghurt and apple puree. I'm now trying not to cook him any special meals and if he doesn't eat what's on his plate he just misses out. The other day we had crumbed chicken which he loved but he wouldn't eat anything else and wanted our chicken too. My husband and I refused to share our chicken and when it was all gone DS ate his sweet potato chips without any fuss. He just needed not to have a better option available.

I've also tried putting vegies into cakes and muffins. My DS also usually likes pinenuts and chickpeas and will eat a whole fillet of steamed white fish. He actually ate some spinach on a pizza the other day and at one point didn't mind a few hidden vegies in with mince.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only way i can get veg into my 2 yr old is via smoothies otherwise she wont touch them....drives me nuts so i whack everything in there. i mix the veg up so usually contains around 4 dif veg each smoothie but otherwise she eats like ur toddler op! So the smoothies consist of something like this ( sounds gross but) Frozen cauli, baby spinach, frozen peas, carrot then i add banana, rasbberries, apple, vanilla yogurt, milk and honey. Ewww but she gulps them down!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to try cauliflower popcorn

This is the recipe I found

1 head cauliflower chopped
    2 T olive oil
    4 T white balsamic
    salt to taste

Preheat oven to 220c or 425f. Spread chopped cauliflower onto a greased pan. In a bowl, mix the oil, balsamic and salt. With a brush, spread the oil mixture onto the cauliflower. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes turning the pieces every 10-15 minutes until all sides are a golden like brown. Enjoy!

He usually won't touch caulie so I'll see how it goes. Also saw Kale chips that might be worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pesto.

Either home made or the barilla brand, my kids love it! And they don't each much else.

I now blend half a zucchini and brocollini and sautée it gently with some garlic. Then I stir thru the pesto sauce to warm it up.

Pasta, gnocchi, doesn't matter, it's the only thing that my fussy eater will eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also home made hamburgers with blended up broccoli inside.

It's the only way my 3 yr old will touch broccoli!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great ideas, keep them coming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fussy 3 1/2 year old will basically eat anything in a taco shell. I put zucchini, carrot, kidney beans, puréed spinach & corn in with chicken mince and then add tomato, cucumber, lettuce and avocado into the shell as well. He eats all of it. If I serve the same meal up any other wAy I'd just be told its yucky! So taco shells are my savior!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummyJen- I just tried the avo berry 'ice cream' and it was hit! Thanks so much! She hadn't eaten any avo for months yay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I have to share - my fussy eater just ate mashed potato! Yay was very impressed as she normally won't touch anything mushy!
    My recipe to get eggs into DD is banana pancakes. Literally just an egg and a banana mashed and pan fried in a pancake shape. She can't get enough of them!