+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What have you found that a fussy eater will eat

My 20 month old doesn't eat much. His main things are yogurt, vegemite on toast or sandwiches, cheese, avo and banana mash, grapes, tinned fruit salad, scrambled egg with ham and cheese, tinned spaghetti
    Search for things to give him that have goodness in them I found this

Serves 2 toddler size serves
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/4 avocado
    2 tbs apple puree

whizz it all up until smooth and serve. So easy and he thinks it's icecream!!

I also have been adding carrot and sweet potato puree to his tinned spag and he hasn't noticed the difference

What have you found that works?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Whenever i have people over with kids they always eat my cornflake chicken , even the fussy ones! ( it was a mkr recipe I altered)

Whizz up cup freedom food cornflakes ( organic, low salt , fortified) 1/4cup cheese (grated) 1 garlic clove, handful baby spinach, tablespoon chia seeds and you have your crumb mixture - I buy the little chicken drumettes ( or just cut them from a wing myself) as they are great finger foods for toddlers then just do a normal egg wash crumb and put them on a tray with baking paper, spray over some olive oil and bake in 180 oven for 25 mins - they are great cold and good for lunch boxes

Also veggie chips - using a peeler slice thin slices of parsnip, carrot, beet root , put on baking tray , spritz with olive oil and bake for ten mins - Ds calls then purple and orange chips and even my fussy 10 year old niece eats them!

In summer I make homemade ice blocks - Greek yogurt with fresh fruit , purée and pour into moulds!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 23-05-2013 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post

Whizz up cup freedom food cornflakes ( organic, low salt , fortified) 1/4cup cheese (grated) 1 garlic clove, handful baby spinach, tablespoon chia seeds and you have your crumb mixture - I buy the little chicken drumettes ( or just cut them from a wing myself) as they are great finger foods for toddlers then just do a normal egg wash crumb and put them on a tray with baking paper, spray over some olive oil and bake in 180 oven for 25 mins - they are great cold and good for lunch boxes
    Oh yum!! These sound delish. If only I could get him to eat meat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your 20 month old dosnt sound fussy at all to be honest! Wait till they get to 3......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry about him eating meat, at 26 months I was convinced my son was a vegetarian but at about 2 he suddenly became interested in meat and couldn't get enough of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Your 20 month old dosnt sound fussy at all to be honest! Wait till they get to 3......
    Oh god It can get worse??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 can be really picky at times but he loves chilli con carne! He sings to himself while eating it lol. I put 2 tins of red kidney beans in it aswell. He will have 2 big bowls of it. Also Sheppards pie I put heaps of peas and corn in it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orange potato mash. Its potato with pumpkin, sour cream and butter. They love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Damn I wish my fussy eater would eat these sorts of things but she won't try anything mushy or saucy!