Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Assuming the baby was feeding quietly and not wriggling around, there shouldn't be no reason why the hairdresser couldn't continue. Unless she was totally hopeless. In which case I wouldn't let her near my boobs/ears/eye with a pair of scissors let alone my baby.
    What about the cut hair falling down onto the baby? Even if the baby was under the cape how was the baby able to get under with out getting hair on them? what about the inhalation of fine hair particles?

I'm all for breast feeding wherever and whenever but to me this is a common sense issue and a communication issue.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    What about the cut hair falling down onto the baby? Even if the baby was under the cape how was the baby able to get under with out getting hair on them? what about the inhalation of fine hair particles?

I'm all for breast feeding wherever and whenever but to me this is a common sense issue and a communication issue.

Oh no! Mums hair getting on baby, that would be terrible...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my hair cut while breast feeding my baby. I've never thought it would be an issue. I've had haircuts with my baby asleep in an ergo too. My hairdresser has not been fussed. In fact she is quite the clucky type.
    I do have short hair though, and only a little falls to the front.

I would not have had the opportunity to go the hairdresser without my baby for the first 6 months if I could not take her with me, and I have a high maintenance strictly every 6 weeks kind of hairstyle.

Yes, so I am one of those difficult women who consider bfeeding at the hairdressers a non-event.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bugsy For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (24-05-2013),Bubbles10  (25-05-2013),butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't know how a Mum would react to that vp. For you it may be no biggie, I certainly wouldn't like it.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There's no way I would be able to bf whilst getting a haircut. My boobs are just too big! I need to see what I'm doing or I would suffocate my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always bf while getting my hair cut, what's the big deal? The apron can be pushed to side

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (24-05-2013),butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    But she wasnt refused service. Her service was delayed.

The stylist didnt make a scene...she didnt gasp..she didnt do anything except leave the mother be. Like Ive said, we dont know the reason why she did and it COULD have been as innocent as her assuming the mother would want privacy. She might have thought she was doing the right thing by giving the mum some time to feed her baby. She might have thought the mother would not want to have her cut continue while she fed. We dont KNOW these things and I think its funny that we instantly assume the stylist scoffed and waltzed away, REFUSING to finish the job.
    This. I actually saw a brief ( very brief, the media gave way more time to the mother) with the hairdresser and ths was exactly the reason the mother was left alone to feed her baby. How does the hairdresser know if its going to cause a drama or not if hair falls on the baby. She was just trying to be polite for gods sake!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I always bf while getting my hair cut, what's the big deal? The apron can be pushed to side
    My main concern would be the fine hair particles getting into bubs lungs. If the hair cut started and finished with bub under the cape and bub was a newborn who mostly sleeps then I can't really see much of an issue in that other than over heating and or suffocation depending on the length of the haircut. But if a mother had to pick bub up and put under the cape part way through a cut I would be concerned about getting fine particles in their eyes, nose, mouth and breathing it in during the process. when I leave a hair dressers I still get fine hair particles over me even though I had a cape on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    There's no way I would be able to bf whilst getting a haircut. My boobs are just too big! I need to see what I'm doing or I would suffocate my baby.
    Sorry to say I don't have that problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    You don't know how a Mum would react to that vp. For you it may be no biggie, I certainly wouldn't like it.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    True. I was just thinking back to the thread from last week I wrote on a mum that changed her baby on a busy shopping precinct footpath. There were a lot of varied views on that...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast