Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the mother is being a drama queen. They didn't refuse to cut her hair all together... They just refused to cut her hair while breast feeding, which I think is completely reasonable. It's a health & safety issue. I can't imagine the baby would be comfortable under the big cloak, or if it wasn't under the big cloak.. There would be hair falling all over its face... What if the hairdresser dropped the scissors??

It would be different if they told her to leave the store & that she wasn't allowed to breast feed.

I strongly believe a mother has a right to feed whenever & wherever she likes... But health & safety needs to be a concern as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It kind if seems like she can't win, baby stores are selling what pretty much equates to a 'big cloak' for like $50 each and mothers are treated like rampant strumpets for not using them, but now covering baby up is the worst thing in the world? Sheesh.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I very much felt the same until I heard she spoke to the owner to complain about her treatment and was told she was never allowed back in the store and if she made a complaint they would sue her...
    I think there might possibly be more behind the scenes than has been released. For the owner to say the mother is harassing them makes it sound like there has been more than just one annoyed phone call from her....plus the salons name might be sullied somehow which is a sueable thing right? Although, any publicity is good publicity....or something like that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I very much felt the same until I heard she spoke to the owner to complain about her treatment and was told she was never allowed back in the store and if she made a complaint they would sue her...
    Fair enough. If that is the case, then I understand the anger. If she called tp explain the situation and got that kind of response, it's a pretty poor example of how to run a business!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    rampant strumpets
    It is my mission to use this in a sentence this week bahaha "rampant strumpets", Love it!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),Cue  (23-05-2013),Lillynix  (24-05-2013),Mathermy  (23-05-2013),MilkiCuddles  (23-05-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (23-05-2013),risfaerie  (23-05-2013),snowqu33n  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    It is my mission to use this in a sentence this week bahaha "rampant strumpets", Love it!
    Happy to be of service

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it a bit odd though that the hairdresser would just leave mid haircut (if that's what happened) without a word and then not come back? If it was a health and safety thing, obviously the mum didn't realise this and it would of been just as easy for the hairdresser to just tell her client that she was worried about getting hair on the baby or dropping her scissors, or whatever and that she would come back when she had finished feeding.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    I find it a bit odd though that the hairdresser would just leave mid haircut (if that's what happened) without a word and then not come back? If it was a health and safety thing, obviously the mum didn't realise this and it would of been just as easy for the hairdresser to just tell her client that she was worried about getting hair on the baby or dropping her scissors, or whatever and that she would come back when she had finished feeding.
    Strikes me as dodge too, unless it was just a really cheap and nasty salon. Whenever my stylist has to leave for whatever reason she offers me beverages, magazines and always tells me exactly what she's doing and how long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    Theres also nothing to say that the woman told her hairdresser that she might need to feed bub later on or that she even told her that she was going to breastfeed. For all we know she could have just put bub on the boob without telling the hairdresser what she was she doing.

if your phone rang and you needed to take the call, you'd tell the hairdresser before you answered and put the phone to your ear, so if the baby was stirring and looking hungry then surely you'd say something like oh I need to feed my baby now? Did she actually do that?

Sounds like miscommunication on both parties part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Strikes me as dodge too, unless it was just a really cheap and nasty salon. Whenever my stylist has to leave for whatever reason she offers me beverages, magazines and always tells me exactly what she's doing and how long.
    Yeh, that's what I mean. I think if anything she was treated like an inconvenience for breastfeeding and I don't think that's right. I saw a terrible one sided interview with her on Sunrise the other day (I know, what was I thinking watching that cr*p) but I felt a bit sorry for her because at the very least, she wasn't treated very professionally.