Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    Why don't you do pm each other if you were thinking the same thing instead of bully and tease someone in a thread? And why? Because I don't agree with you. Why are you still posting in the thread VicPark, Atropos, Boobicino, Chew the Mintie??? It's open to everyone, you can't bully someone out because they're not agreeing with you.
    In sorry if you felt you have been bullied. Just to clarify I think you have every right to say your opinion even if I don't agree. I was wondering if you were a hairdresser closely connected with the hairdresser involved because of the passion and persistence of your views on this thread. I'm not saying you shouldn't be passionate and shouldn't persist (others can so can you) . Just trying I suppose to figure out where you are coming from. Me I'm coming from the perspective of a mother that breastfeed, who found breastfeeding a little embarrassing and hard to do in public in the first few months. I can understand how someone with a different experience (working in service industry?) may be coming at the topic from a different view.

Please continue to post, I do not think you should be silenced at all.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-05-2013),butterfly2013  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Just because more than one person disagrees with you, doesn't make it bullying. I took CTM's comment as a light hearted one.
    Why are we still posting? Same reason you are? It's a discussion? No one is bullying you Olin
    More than one person has disagreed with me, too. I'm not being bullied either.
    Her comment was teasing me, and actually it's upset me to be teased for posting my opinion. I don't know any of you, its not a joke between friends and I think you all know that.
    VicPark why are you still posting persistently and passionately? Apply it to me then and please leave me alone. I come here for an escape and I don't need this shi!t.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Olin For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's not necessarily an insult. Some times I'm impressed with the staying power of someone when nobody agrees with them, even if I don't agree with them, because I'd back down. I actually do admire people (like VicPark for example) who will stick out something to the end.

Me... Unless it's one I feel compelled to see out - I usually give up and have a sook about it to my partner. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    VicPark why are you still posting persistently and passionately? Apply it to me then and please leave me alone. I come here for an escape and I don't need this shi!t.
    Because Im still eating my breakfast and hubby has crap on the TV. Once I'm done ill be gone for a few hours at least. - honest answer!

Sorry if your having a bad day and for saying I thought you might have been the hairdresser involved. (I didn't mean it maliciously, I have a habit of being totally honest/revealing my innermost thoughts even if they make me look bad).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Her comment was teasing me, and actually it's upset me to be teased for posting my opinion. I don't know any of you, its not a joke between friends and I think you all know that.
    I don't think it was intended to upset you, truly.
    It's funny though, imagine how the mum in question might feel, reading the things said about her in this thread.
    I've seen lots and lots of negative things written about me, mainly news article comments and one particular blog post and a particularly bad thread on reddit. All by people who don't know me. So I do get what you might be feeling, but try to put it in perspective- you've passionately defended the hairdresser, you've spoken about the incident as if you were there- it's not such a big leap to wonder if you have a connection, yanno?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Olin, I agree with everything you've said apart from that you've been bullied. Unfortunately sometimes you're the last woman standing on your side of the debate, when it's me I generally just give up. You're not going to change people's minds here and really we're all just speculating so who knows who is really right? sorry you felt ganged up on

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013),Guest654  (26-05-2013),Olin  (26-05-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't think it was intended to upset you, truly.
    It's funny though, imagine how the mum in question might feel, reading the things said about her in this thread.
    I've seen lots and lots of negative things written about me, mainly news article comments and one particular blog post and a particularly bad thread on reddit. All by people who don't know me. So I do get what you might be feeling, but try to put it in perspective- you've passionately defended the hairdresser, you've spoken about the incident as if you were there- it's not such a big leap to wonder if you have a connection, yanno?
    Well what about the hairdresser? People have said not so nice things about her too. But she wasn't performing motherly duties so doesn't get a free pass, I guess. We really don't know what happened, the hairdresser may have felt uncomfortable; the mother could have been an entitled PITA. From the way the woman's family harassed the salon, I'm going with the latter. That's just where I'm sitting on this one. I don't feel the BFing had anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-05-2013),Guest654  (26-05-2013),happy wanderer  (29-05-2013),Olin  (26-05-2013)