Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    Do people know what servicing your body means? Why are people having a problem understanding that? It's a service to your body......... ?? Someone is servicing you, personally, touching you, not handing you goods, but a service. to your body.

?? She didn't have a problem speaking up, so I really doubt she went through 5min intervals of emotions she couldn't express. Her problem was being offered someone by her standards, less qualified to finish her hair.

I'm a mum of 2 that breastfed both for a long time, and I agree with you. It's not a matter of whether you have children or breastfeed yourself. This is obviously a social behavioural problem
    "Servicing a body" is just an odd way to describe a haircut, it makes it sound a lot more intimate than it is, but I do know what you mean.

From what I read, no one came near her after the stylist walked off. It's not unreasonable to assume that she thought she was coming back, had just stepped away momentarily, since no words were said, and gradually realised this wasn't the case. I also read that she tried to make eye contact, perhaps the fact that the hairdresser had walked off and no one would make eye contact fuelled her embarrassment and she didn't want to add to that by yelling across the salon? As you said before, we weren't there, so we can't know how she felt - we only have her words to go off, and who are we to tell her how she felt? I think the offer of a junior to do her hair seems like it may have been the final straw for her.

And for the last time, I did not say anyone's opinion was invalid if they didn't have children, just that it's not possible to tell a baby to wait for the blow dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Olin are you the hairdresser involved?
    I'm not joking... this is what I was thinking last night but couldn't be bothered typing.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-05-2013),butterfly2013  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't go around having digs at people because of their parental status.
    I second Atropos on that. Other people on BH do, but not Atropos.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I have a different opinion to you and typing it here, exactly like all of you are, it gives you the audacity to tease me? Such mean, rude and insensitive women. I don't need to be treated this way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Olin For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not joking... this is what I was thinking last night but couldn't be bothered typing.
    Why don't you do pm each other if you were thinking the same thing instead of bully and tease someone in a thread? And why? Because I don't agree with you. Why are you still posting in the thread VicPark, Atropos, Boobicino, Chew the Mintie??? It's open to everyone, you can't bully someone out because they're not agreeing with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why don't you do pm each other if you were thinking the same thing instead of bully and tease someone in a thread? And why? Because I don't agree with you. Why are you still posting in the thread VicPark, Atropos, Boobicino, Chew the Mintie??? It's open to everyone, you can't bully someone out because they're not agreeing with you.
    lmao - it's Sunday morning relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure why people think " servicing a body " term is weird .. It's what it is .. Just like bra fitters are actually called " body consultants" ..

I wouldn't get my hair cut whilst BF .. Especially as the woman we are talking about has short semi complicated ( bloody awful ) cut .. Involves a lot if cutting at the front .. Hair falling onto baby is not ideal ..

I still think the woman just wanted to cause a fuss !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I second Atropos on that. Other people on BH do, but not Atropos.
    Thank you VP. I appreciate your saying that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do people know what servicing your body means? Why are people having a problem understanding that? It's a service to your body......... ?? Someone is servicing you, personally, touching you, not handing you goods, but a service. to your body.
    I get what you mean, basically the health and beauty industry? Any service that involves someone laying a hand upon any part of the mothers body? And I shouldn't have made a joke, it seems you've misunderstood me.

If the hairdresser stopped because she didn't want to harm the baby, make the mother uncomfortable or stuff up the hair cut, then it sounds like poor communication.

If the hairdresser refused to lay a hand on the woman's head on the basis of not being comfortable touching the "body" of a woman while she is breastfeeding then that is discrimination.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just because more than one person disagrees with you, doesn't make it bullying. I took CTM's comment as a light hearted one. (Eta-VicPark puts it very well below this comment)
    Why are we still posting? Same reason you are? It's a discussion? No one is bullying you Olin
    More than one person has disagreed with me, too. I'm not being bullied either.
    Last edited by Atropos; 26-05-2013 at 08:50.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),FearlessLeader  (26-05-2013)