Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    If the lady was do offended why didn't she say anything for the 25 minutes (I think she said) that she was feeding? That would have indicated to me that she was ok with the fact that the hair dresser stopped whilst she fed. If that was the case and her hair dresser was then busy with another client then what is the hair dresser expected to do?
    Perhaps she was oblivious for the first 5 minutes. Confused for the next 5. Shocked for the next 5. Peeved for the next 5, ****ed for the next 5..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Have you had a baby? My 8 month old still doesn't understand when I tell her to wait for the blow dry before being fed
    I don't know, I'm not a hairdresser, but as far as I know, they're entirely capable of saying "Hey, while you feed the baby, I will stop cutting as I don't want (xyz) to happen, if that's ok with you?" Instead of just walking off mid cut, then saying, later on, something about privacy reasons (and none of the potential hazards you have mentioned) and offering a junior stylist to complete her work.
    No, I don't have any children. Thanks for asking. 12 months of trying and still no baby, therefore I have no right to an opinion regardless of the fact around 40% of my clientele is mothers with young kids, and I have to deal with situations like this on weekly basis.

I said in both my responses what actions the stylist should've taken, and they matched up pretty well with you're second paragraph, and that the actions they duff take were reprehensible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VanityFey For This Useful Post:

Olin  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I have London. I had shocking gastro and couldn't leave the toilet and bubs was hungry. Hubby came and took him from me when he'd finished so I didn't have to juggle wiping, flushing and washing while holding him.
    Well I have to say after reading this.. I'm kinda glad I didn't bf

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanityFey View Post
    No, I don't have any children. Thanks for asking. 12 months of trying and still no baby, therefore I have no right to an opinion regardless of the fact around 40% of my clientele is mothers with young kids, and I have to deal with situations like this on weekly basis.

I said in both my responses what actions the stylist should've taken, and they matched up pretty well with you're second paragraph, and that the actions they duff take were reprehensible.

Good on you VanityFey... Hate when people dismiss your opinion because you haven't had a baby. Best of luck with your trying.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked my hairdresser sister about this and she said that while people moving about to answer phones, drink coffee, attend to child can sometimes be annoying, its part of the job and she'd never tell anyone they couldn't do it. As for bf'ing, she had mothers doing it all the time with no issues and she herself bf her kids when getting co workers to style her hair while on mat leave. She thinks it was a massive mistake for this girl to walk off without a word and I agree. Also, while a junior may very well do just as good a job, I'd hate to have two different people cut my hair because a lot of people cut differently. IF the mother had said 'please stop while I feed my child' then it's well within their rights to say if we stop you will need to have your style finished by someone else so we don't run overtime. But the mother had no say because she wasn't told that the hairdresser would stop and why.

A big mistake on the hairdressers part and Im sure her biggest lesson out of this is...communication!

Does anyone else think (yes, jumping to conclusions because clearly I wasn't there), that the hairdresser may have just got jack of her customers doing 'things' while she's cutting hair and walked off in a huff to prove a point? Then when it all got blown up went ooops, umm, I did it for privacy or something like that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

LotusMum  (26-05-2013),VicPark  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh for goodness sake- where exactly did I say you don't have kids so can't have an opinion? How did you make that leap?! All I was responding to was your comment that the mother should have waited til the blow dry- sometimes it's impossible to communicate that, if your child is a baby. Toddlers are different, sure. You don't have to have a baby to realise that, but if you do it's probably more obvious. Not every comment is meant as an attack, mine certainly wasn't. All the best with ttc, and fwiw I don't go around having digs at people because of their parental status.
    Last edited by Atropos; 26-05-2013 at 06:45.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    Well I have to say after reading this.. I'm kinda glad I didn't bf

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Amen to that!

Sent from my beloved iPhone.
    My DD Valentina finally arrived 16/05/2013!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Really? Servicing your body. That's where you go with it. Come on. It's a baby on a Breast. People need to grow up.

Hair in babies face or mouth, fine. Accidentally cut with scissors, okay I can see how someone might think that's reasonable. But refusing to serve the body of a breastfeeding woman? I don't have that much hair on my nipple so I don't really see the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Do people know what servicing your body means? Why are people having a problem understanding that? It's a service to your body......... ?? Someone is servicing you, personally, touching you, not handing you goods, but a service. to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps she was oblivious for the first 5 minutes. Confused for the next 5. Shocked for the next 5. Peeved for the next 5, ****ed for the next 5..
    ?? She didn't have a problem speaking up, so I really doubt she went through 5min intervals of emotions she couldn't express. Her problem was being offered someone by her standards, less qualified to finish her hair.

I'm a mum of 2 that breastfed both for a long time, and I agree with you. It's not a matter of whether you have children or breastfeed yourself. This is obviously a social behavioural problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Olin are you the hairdresser involved? I'm amazed at your staying power!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-05-2013),lambjam  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Olin are you the hairdresser involved? I'm amazed at your staying power!
    What does that mean? I'm still being quoted, the same people who've been here from the start. Am I allowed to respond, is that ok with you?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Olin For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (26-05-2013)