Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    ....it puts a bad stain on what mums are working towards to have people accept their rights to feed in public. This is why people call mums inconsiderate, things like this
    Sorry but thats a load of crap.

Really, whatever the case was, walking off in the middle of a haircut without an explanation is bad form, regardless of the reason why, and I find it difficult to believe that had she just been holding the baby, that it would've been an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Sorry but thats a load of crap.

Really, whatever the case was, walking off in the middle of a haircut without an explanation is bad form, regardless of the reason why, and I find it difficult to believe that had she just been holding the baby, that it would've been an issue.
    And they have established it was miscommunication. I don't think they denied that, everything else we're making up because we weren't there to witness it, her reaction in the salon, towards the staff, afterwards and the conversations that happened. She painted a picture of her being the innocent client hard done by and humiliated and the hairdressers as the villains. I think that is really unfair and unjustified and shows a bad character on her part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And they have established it was miscommunication. I don't think they denied that, everything else we're making up because we weren't there to witness it, her reaction in the salon, towards the staff, afterwards and the conversations that happened. She painted a picture of her being the innocent client hard done by and humiliated and the hairdressers as the villains. I think that is really unfair and unjustified and shows a bad character on her part.
    It wasn't a miscommunication- it was NO communication though. And when there was communication, there was no mention of safety or dropping hair/scissors. If my hairdresser just walked off without a word because I was breast feeding, I'd feel embarrassed. By not saying anything the hairdresser was being quite rude at the very least. Why should anyone accept rudeness and why is calling someone on it a show of poor character?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),Gracie's Mum  (25-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It wasn't a miscommunication- it was NO communication though. And when there was communication, there was no mention of safety or dropping hair/scissors. If my hairdresser just walked off without a word because I was breast feeding, I'd feel embarrassed. By not saying anything the hairdresser was being quite rude at the very least. Why should anyone accept rudeness and why is calling someone on it a show of poor character?
    I agree. The hairdresser could have said "I might just leave you to give Bub a feed so you're comfortable, I'll pop back in 10 minutes, could I get you a drink?" Walking away and not saying a word is rude and embarrassing.
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 25-05-2013 at 14:12.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (25-05-2013),Boobycino  (25-05-2013),butterfly2013  (26-05-2013),~Marigold~  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I think it is now time to cave and just agree that the hair dresser is the devil for deciding for whatever reason to press pause on the cut while she bf. Obviously the mother had been humiliated beyond belief for feeding her baby while her hair was being cut. she even admitted she didn't think of the safety side of things but hey she should be put on a pedestal because she is a "proud public breast feeder" and that is all that matters. O M G

Head meet wall.

Is there not a time and place for bf.
    If a baby was wanting a feed but the mother was driving, does the mother just shove baby to the boob or does she pull over and stop driving to feed? You can't exactly argue in court "but your honour, I have every legal right to bf when and wherever I choose to."

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (25-05-2013),DarcyJ  (25-05-2013),Jellyfishie  (25-05-2013),Olin  (25-05-2013),oozzle  (25-05-2013),singlemumma82  (25-05-2013),VanityFey  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Mis communication, no communication ??? Were you there to know exactly what was said and how she was treated? She has the painted the picture for you Atropos and yes that does show bad character when you paint yourself in light and others as villains, when the reality is there are 2 sides to this story. This was not a case of breastfeeding discrimination. If they kicked her out, if they told her to stop, if they did anything that prevented her from feeding and not offering her service, I'd agree with you. But they didn't do any of that, and her rejection of a junior cutting her hair shows me she was rude and obnoxious over it. Her hair is too precious to be cut by a junior? Especially a cut that was half done and a hairdresser whom I'm sure was more than capable of finishing and doing a good job.
    Last edited by Olin; 25-05-2013 at 14:00.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Olin For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mis communication, no communication ??? Were you there to know exactly what was said and how she was treated? She has the painted the picture for you Atropos and yes that does show bad character when you paint yourself in light and others as villains, when the reality is there are 2 sides to this story. This was not a case of breastfeeding discrimination. If they kicked her out, if they told her to stop, if they did anything that prevented her from feeding and not offering her service, I'd agree with you. But they didn't do any of that, and her rejection of a junior cutting her hair shows me she was rude and obnoxious over it. Her hair is too precious to be cut by a junior? Especially a cut that was half done and a hairdresser whom I'm sure was more than capable of finishing and doing a good job.
    Yes this ^^^^^^^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it is likely the hairdresser just felt uncomfortable because the mother was feeding. It's silly, but some people do feel uncomfortable about it. I don't think the hairdresser should have had to continue with the cut if she felt uncomfortable but at the same time, she should have said something to the mother, not just walked away.
    It's not too hard to use manners and say "I'm just going to give you a few minutes to feed bub" or whatever.
    I think it sounds like both parties were in the wrong to some extent. The hairdresser, for not communicating with the mother and being rude by just walking off, but also the mother for not saying anything ie why would you just walk out with half a hair cut instead of asking what's going on or sticking up for yourself? It was poorly handled by the staff but the mother didn't give them a chance to rectify the situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Did the mother actually say "excuse me a second I just need to feed the baby"?

common courtesy would say to me that's the least she should have done. If I get a phone call while at the hairdressers I always say "excuse me while I take this". It's just manners.

I think this has got nothing to do with bf in public and everything to do with basic manners. Often people treat hairdressers, beauticians and other people performing a "service" like they're not even there, which I find incredibly rude, like being on the phone when you're at a checkout. You don't have to be their best friend but it's just polite. I can't actually believe she went to the media over this.
    Last edited by Sonja; 25-05-2013 at 14:41.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (25-05-2013),Kirst33  (25-05-2013),melimum  (26-05-2013),oozzle  (25-05-2013),VanityFey  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Did the mother actually say "excuse me a second I just need to feed the baby"?

common courtesy would say to me that's the least she should have done. If I get a phone call while at the hairdressers I always say "excuse me while I take this". It's just manners.

I think this has got nothing to do with bf in public and everything to do with basic manners. Often people treat hairdressers, beauticians and other people performing a "service" like they're not even there, which I find incredibly rude, like being on the phone when you're at a checkout. You don't have to be their best friend but it's just polite, IMO.
    I say that breastfeeding is such a normal thing .... that the hairdresser had no right to be offended...that the onus was on the hairdresser to say "excuse me ma'am would you like me to continue cutting or would you like a short break?."