+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have you had cramping and bleeding, and not miscarried?

Hey ladies, I had my hcg level taken on Monday and it was only 3, I had it done again the next day 24 hrs later and it has rised to 11. Only issue now is that the same day that the second test was done I had severe painful cramping for about an hour, and light bleeding since. Has anyone ever had cramping and bleeding in early pregnancy and did not miscarry? Thanks Tash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tash check out http://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy sorry but it does sound like your numbers are super low - hiw many dpo r u? maybe you ovulated later than you thought?

What did the doc say?
    Last edited by nattie84; 23-05-2013 at 16:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Initially she thought it was false +ve since the level was 3, but to make sure she sent me for another test. She has confirmed I am pregnant given result has gone up and said I am either very early or miscarrying. She has given me another blood test form, to have done in a week. The wait is going to kill me though. I was going to try and do a FRER to see if anything comes up on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tashiee,

I had bleeding and cramping with my first pregnancy to the point I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks. I thought I was having the weirdest and longest period of all time. All turned out well and I had a DS.
    I had the same with my second pregnancy which ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks. I was told by my OB that 20% of women have bleeding and have pains until 20 weeks. I would still get it checked out by a Doctor to get an ultrasound to make sure it is all OK. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbimummi View Post
    Hi Tashiee,

I had bleeding and cramping with my first pregnancy to the point I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks. I thought I was having the weirdest and longest period of all time. All turned out well and I had a DS.
    I had the same with my second pregnancy which ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks. I was told by my OB that 20% of women have bleeding and have pains until 20 weeks. I would still get it checked out by a Doctor to get an ultrasound to make sure it is all OK. Fingers crossed for you.
    Sorry to be negative but they won't do a scan until your levels are at least 1,000 cause they won't see anything. I think your hcg has to be at least 25 to show up on a home test.

fingers crossed and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nattie84, the doctor hasn't even mentioned doing a scan at this stage, I think before then we need to confirm that this pregnancy is still viable and that I haven't already miscarried. Will be a loooong week. Thanks Bubbimummi there is a little bit of hope still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Numbers going up is a good sign even though they are still really low. If you are just really early in your pregnancy the bleeding might be related to implantation? I had a bleed and some cramping early on and it was nothing but my hcg levels were higher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly have nooo idea how I am going to make it through this week not knowing. Today has been torture and won't see the doc until Friday next week arggh. I did a FRER this morning which was but didn't expect it to be positive given my blood hcg is still low so I am sure my urine would be even lower. It wasn't a planned pregnancy but I am really excited at the idea that it could be a possibility that I may find out in a week that I may be a mummy. Cant seem to get off doctor google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible that when your first blood test was taken you had only just conceived so maybe no more than 7dpo and as a pp mentioned the cramping and bleeding was due to implantation? I have had a small bleed and cramping with implantation before.
    If I were you I would do the blood test on Monday. They could easily see if the levels were rising normally or falling by then. I don't know why some Drs. insist on woman waiting to find this stuff out when it can be such a distressing and confusing time and only a matter it an extra or earlier test to out there mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Whoknows! I thought about it, but since I am working tues-thurs thought I wont be able to go see the doc for results until friday(since they won't tell me over the phone) anyways so I though what is the point to say anything. Would be so much easier if they could tell me over the phone. Maybe I should go somewhere else where I can get the test on Monday and they will give me the results over the phone so I can have some answers without going crazy this week.