+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On hold to fair work now! I think they'll close before I get through though.

See I'm worried they'll use my stress and sick leave as leverage against me.
    My husband is going to freak!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be doing a happy dance that they put it in writing!

Contact Fair Work! Please keep us updated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    On hold to fair work now! I think they'll close before I get through though.

See I'm worried they'll use my stress and sick leave as leverage against me.
    My husband is going to freak!
    My dh works in workplace law industry and hr. And I've been through a very similar situation. I'm no authority but they really can't add long as you can provide medical proof for absence. And as I said as long as you can perform your duties. They are however entitled to transfer you to another department in your workplace if they think you aren't doing your job properly. They would need a lot of proof in written form along with performance management steps in order to force you to cut back. I hope fair work can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alexis how did you go?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No news really... I contacted Fair Work Australia and are waiting to hear back from them regarding all the info I send across to them.
    I haven't signed anything with work, and I won't if they ask me to.
    But they're just acting like there is no problem at all.

I'm wondering if it's worth the stress of complaining through FWA and still having to work in such a small workplace, seeing them constantly throughout the day... It's definitely a big drop in wages for me though. I just want to bash my head against a wall!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've decided to go ahead with the complaint after another incident. I feel that I need to do this in order to protect my employment.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of resolutions fair work may come to? I'm making the complaint because my employer is making life increasingly difficult for me, putting a lot of stress and anxiety on me.. Today my stomach is in pain, anxiety related I am sure, but I worry what toll it may have on my baby. I don't want to go back there at all, but I need a job.. I feel so lost and stuck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    So I've decided to go ahead with the complaint after another incident. I feel that I need to do this in order to protect my employment.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of resolutions fair work may come to? I'm making the complaint because my employer is making life increasingly difficult for me, putting a lot of stress and anxiety on me.. Today my stomach is in pain, anxiety related I am sure, but I worry what toll it may have on my baby. I don't want to go back there at all, but I need a job.. I feel so lost and stuck
    Its tough. .. I would get to your gp tomorrow and get a mental health plan up and running to see someone to talk about the stress and anxiety. .. this will only help you with fair work and also the obvious. .. talking with someone about how to handle everything is good too.
    At the end of the day unless your work is doing something illegal. .. which sounds like they potentially are... that is against fair work policies. .. then they can rule in your favor. .. either reinstatement into your position or if they see fit that you couldn't return there due to the stress they can make your work pay you for a period of time.
    I've been through a complaint with fair work and so has my dh... if it's worth the fight go for it. .. it can take a while and if you have a lawyer curbs or something then that's helpful in preparing your statements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do not let them bully you in to this. Definitely follow through with fair work as it is your RIGHT to earn money for your family. It is your RIGHT to wake up and not fear or dread going to work. You are in one of the most vulnerable states a woman can be in and for them to be trying to walk all over you like this is disgusting. By law any pregnancy related appointments can be taken as personal leave (sick leave), because its a PERSONAL matter. Good luck and keep us all posted xx