+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Tap water. Don't think twice about it.

All those people that are fussy about taste etc - what do you do when you go to someone else's house and all they have on offer is tap water? Do you not drink it?

Bottled water is the biggest rip off out there - it's more expensive than petrol!!!!

The only times I have bought bottled water is a couple of slabs in preparation for cyclone season.
    I always carry my own water bottle filled with my bottled water the same as I used bottled water in my ice trays and recently have even gone as far as using it in my kettle. After I had my 2nd miscarriage after never having any problems with fertility my Dr said he had seen many patients from my town for recurrent miscarriages when previously there were no problems with their fertility and would love to get the water tested. I didn't think much of it until I fell pregnant again this time my Mum had started staying with us and only drank bottled water so she would have heaps in our fridge so that was all I drank and I had no problems. It could of been a coincidence but independent water and soil testing in our area have come back with high levels of some kind of toxin (cant remember the name) in the water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i dont usually drink water it makes me gag. Im addicted to non alcoholic beer. But i had to drink water while pregnant and breastfeeding> I drink tap water but only a couple glasses a day if that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow....I'm in the minority here. I have a refrigerated water filter that sits on my kitchen bench, water delivered monthly.

I first got it when living in Perth, as the change in water was too noticeable. But I've kept it all these years after moving back home! I love that I've always got fresh cold water on hand. I hate room temperature or tepid tap water and don't feel it tastes any better when kept in fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tap water...yummmm

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a filter (the kind that sits on the bench). Our tap water here tastes like chlorine, bleck.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live in Canberra and love the tap water. However we're about to move to Adelaide and I just can't stomach what's on offer there :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I live in Canberra and love the tap water. However we're about to move to Adelaide and I just can't stomach what's on offer there :/
    Yep, it is utterly foul! I think the one and only person in Adelaide, i have ever heard say "it tastes fine" is the minister in charge of water!

Buy a Puratap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies!!

Im actually surprised how many drink plain tap water

Im cautious about what is best for DD too and ive heard not to give children bottled spring water? Anyway i might just boil tap water, cool in the fridge and try that.

If it still tastes bad ill look into getting one of those Brita water filter jugs. How much are the filters for them and how often do they need changing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well purely from a health perspective, the different "flavours" have no bearing on how healthy the water is - if it has been deemed safe to drink, then it is safe to drink. And the flouride is better for kids than bottled, which is unflouridated (there's nothing unsafe about kids drinking bottled water, the issue is they miss out on the flouride). Note: not all tap water in Aus is flouridated. Contact your local water board to enquire.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

ozeymumof5  (23-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (23-05-2013),wannawannabe  (23-05-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    If it still tastes bad ill look into getting one of those Brita water filter jugs. How much are the filters for them and how often do they need changing?
    The ones that go in the fridge? About $30 a pack of three filters (I think, sounds about right) and I'm not sure how often you're supposed to change them but we changed ours every couple months.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-05-2013)