+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by new mum 15809 View Post
    I'm really surprised at the amount of people saying Adelaide tap water is fowl. It's pretty much all I drink, I prefer the taste of Adelaide tap water (so long as it's cold) over bottled water and tank water. Maybe I have weird taste buds.
    We bought a new kettle while I was there earlier this year, one of those white plastic ones. Within five days the inside was dark brown. Something wrong with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually only bottled water, but trying to teach myself to drink tap water cause it's so much cheaper, but it tastes really gross.

The taste doesn't seem to bother anyone else in my family though.

Looking into getting one of those filter tap things on the sink, PIL have one and it's great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Adelaide too. We have a pura tap. I hate the taste of Adelaide water. So nice when I go to Melbourne and drink from the tap!
    I had a brita jug before pura tap. Makes a big difference.
    Fluoride is still retained in both these filtration systems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have drank tank water my whole life. Its so sweet. Except mum & dads can taste like smoke in the winter cause their main tank is near their chimney, its sort of an aftertaste. Can't stand the taste of town water. I will only drink it at someone's place if I'm really thirsty and then basically gulp it down.

No one I know of drinks the tap water in my nearest town, it's foul. Except the hospital cause the government says its safe. Every house (I think) has tanks.

Even most bottled water nowadays tastes like hard water i reckon. Gross!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Adelaide, have a pura tap and stilk drink tap water.
    Tap water is also much safer than tank or bottled water and a LOT of work goes into ensuring this.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love a reverse osmosis filter but they're a bit pricey I think. Also would like a chlorine filter on showers and bath...

I drink tap water, but use a Brita filter jug. I gag at the taste of water straight from the tap now, tastes and smells of chlorine. Funnily, I don't notice it at my patents house and they're only one suburb away.

Out and about, I usually take a stainless steel bottle with me and fill up from a filtered jug where possible, or from a tap. I loathe paying for bottles water, it's hideously expensive when you think about it. I drink a lot of water, so if tap is my only option I just gulp it down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!!

Im actually surprised how many drink plain tap water

Im cautious about what is best for DD too and ive heard not to give children bottled spring water? Anyway i might just boil tap water, cool in the fridge and try that.

If it still tastes bad ill look into getting one of those Brita water filter jugs. How much are the filters for them and how often do they need changing?
    I have one that is more of a tank? It has a tap on it so you can pour out directly from the shelf in the fridge. It cost about $60. I can't remember how much the filters up but you can pick them up cheaper when they are on special somewhere. I think the filters are meant to last 3 months?... thinking mine is probably due for a change.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tap water here (Perth) but i usually have something with it (lemon juice or
    Cordial) i don't like it much on its own unless I'm beginning to feel like spongebob out of water...

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!