+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wooden train set

Okay hubbers!! Who out there has a wooden train set, should I buy it and why!? Looking at one for DS birthday. Any advice would be great 😊!!

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We bought one for DS for Xmas when he was almost 2 - he loves it. He is now 3.2 and is right into imaginative play so he loves it. We paid $50 from Aldi and it came with heaps of tracks, trains, people, trees and buildings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I had a thomas the tank engine wooden set when my DS was younger. I much prefered it over the plastic version.
    It was sturdier, didn't require batteries or any extras but you could still build on it with additional wooden pieces/sets.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are fantastic hours and hours of fun! My Ds has a combination of brands and I don't think the kmart and ikea ones are as good as the more expensive ones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing!

Would love to buy DD some wooden toys. She would adore them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kmart has their own brand of wooden train sets - from memory the main set pack has 80 pieces and cost around $20. Cheap! Seems to be decent quality too. And the best thing is that the Thomas the Tank Engine wooden characters fit perfectly on the track. (Just keep in mind that the metal diecast characters don't!) Plus you can buy extra pieces and track extensions from Kmart too, I just bought a $4 tunnel piece today.

DS is 2.5 years and loooooooves it - he plays with his train set every single day without fail.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have Thomas tracks and Ikea tracks- don't get the Ikea ones, they are rubbish.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We brought a kid craft train table set for Xmas when it was on sale. It was less than $200 and more value than the expensive Thomas tracks. Best investment ever. Comes with everything, tracks, trains, vehicles, people, mountains, bridges, cranes etc. Also has three storage boxes underneath the table. We use the Thomas trains on it mainly. Also we have interchanged some of the pieces with Thomas or Kmart wooden stuff. The tracks/wooden stuff from different brands all fit. My son is now 2.5 and we've had it for 6 months now and it still gives him hours of fun everyday. Best thing is I don't need to pack it away or rebuild the tracks for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have the thomas wooden one. It has been used by both boys. They are easy to put together and play with. We bought a plastic chuggington one and it has to be put together the right way, its not really child friendly. It was an expensive loss!!

Defiantly get a set, you can always add more to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 is 3 and loves his train set. We bought a wooden one from target and my sister bought him one from Kmart. They both fit together and we can always add more if we want to.

I have a friend who's 4 yr old is Thomas obsessed and she wishes she had bought the wooden over the plastic.

On the other hand DP's parents have kept their plastic one since DP was a kid (now 23) and DS1 also loves that one. It has an electric train and still runs, they recently bought a new set to add to it for DS so he has an extra train and it runs faster.