+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jez, did you mean me? I was flexible with days but I think they had almost every day available! I live in pakenham.

I heard on the news tonight altona areas etc etc are bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    Jez, did you mean me? I was flexible with days but I think they had almost every day available! I live in pakenham.

I heard on the news tonight altona areas etc etc are bad!
    Yeah it's really full up here! We have considered moving back to Berwick/Pakky to be closer to our families in Warragul too! I'd have to join the herd on the early morning train every day....not that appealing

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    The comment on not even waiting until your 12 week scan just put your name down is not necessarily true either. We didnt take waiting list applications for people wantinh care more than 12 months in advance as our waiting list was unmanageable it was so large and its not sn accurate reflection of wait times because circumstances change a lit in 12+ months and then as a director you spend countless hours calling people who dont want care anymore or details are not correct. Also our policy (I wrote the policy) was that if you didn't call to say bub was born and the details you were taken off the wait list. I made that policy after having one too many phone calls to people who miscarried.

I also agree with OP that I wouldn't trust a centre that favoritises people and doesn't follow priority of access rules.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We are a preschool and I won't take a waiting list form until a child is born, we do have quite a few people ring us in Nov/Dec expecting they will get a spot the next year when we have already done all our enrolments in September.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently enquired how long wait lists were for a few centers (eastern suburbs of Sydney) with most being around 12+ months and was pleasantly surprised when I got an email to go have a tour of a fantastic childcare centre 500m from my house. I just got the email yesterday that my child had been offered a place on the days that I work. Can't believe it happened so quick especially where I live! I was getting really anxious about not being able to place my child for a long time. My baby is 10 months old and Aboriginal so I don't know if age has anything to do with it. And perhaps Indigenous background as a previous poster mentioned!