Closed Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I really like Mick but not Mick and Billie together. That dynamic used to sh!t me.

Not sure about Thomas yet but agree that Leo and Nina should just stay friends. No one gets involved with every single one of their good looking male colleagues. It gets a bit tiresome on the show. Nina needs to branch out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (03-07-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ***Spolier synopsis in case anyone hasn't watched yet***

I'm a bit 'meh' about last ep.
    Leo grew on me
    Thomas didn't
    Mick coming back right at the moment when Billy might actually have found someone who challenges her and doesn't just accept her crap.
    Geraldine and Darcy maybe giving it another go
    Phillip still floating around but they're all happy
    Jimmy gives Billy a job and opportunity to get back on her feet forsaking his own home with his family
    It all just felt a bit contrived and blah
    - but let's be honest I'm far too emotionally invested in this drama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a diehard fan but this season is really a bit boring and it seems badly acted too!
    Does Nina ever look after her own daughter? Why did they bring a baby into the show?
    Thomas is WEIRD, there has to be something odd there.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (03-07-2014),Little Boys Blue  (03-07-2014),LoCo  (03-07-2014),Stretched  (03-07-2014),TheGooch  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if I'd only just started watching I'd be confused as to whether the baby is Nina's or Billie's.

I found that running through the park at night scene a little creepy. "I'm a gigantic man who could easily overpower you, you hardly know me, here come running through an inner urban park with me much like the one that woman got abducted from not long ago".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    I am a diehard fan but this season is really a bit boring and it seems badly acted too!
    Does Nina ever look after her own daughter? Why did they bring a baby into the show?
    Thomas is WEIRD, there has to be something odd there.
    I actually miss Nina's anxiety-ridden side. They're not playing it up as much as they used to. It was funny and I could relate to it - even though she was totally over the top, she was the sanest one in her family. That's me.

And as if that character would ever turn into a cool, calm and collected new mum?! It just doesn't ring true. Patrick didn't change her that much, surely?!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (03-07-2014),Stretched  (03-07-2014),TheGooch  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just jumping in here - I absolutely love this show but I agree with it being a bit meh.
    @Stretched I also agree re the running through the park thing, I thought that was a bit creepy too! I also think Thomas is weird and so full on/creepy and I don't like this character at all - wanting to meet while she is out all the time? Always just 5 minutes away and he rushes over to wherever she is - so weird and (for me) a huuuuuuge turn-off. I also don't really get him as a character and he doesn't seem to "fit" with the show (also why did they cast this actor? He is terrible! DH can't stand his poor acting!).

I am hoping the show picks up pace a bit. Hopefully bringing Mick back into it will do that. Just needs a bit more "something" this season (don't know what that is though...).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already complained about his awful acting - I'm glad I'm not alone. He seems like a slashie (model-slash-actor). They have done ZERO character development for him. Why is he a single dad? Does he have shared custody?

And while we're on that subject, how many dads with full time custody do the writers think there are in the world? I'm not saying they don't exist, I know one. But I know a lot more "weekend dads" yet first Chris Havel and now Thomas?

Still obsessed with the show but just finding it hard to get lost in the pure escapism of it when I can't connect with the characters like I used to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Clegg, but why does he/how is he able to drop everything to babysit Zoe.
    Nina delivered 1 baby on last night's episode...surely the Ward is a bit busier??!!
    I love Kim. She plays the part of a CNC/Charge Nurse so well!!
    The acting is pretty ****, I agree (except for Kim and Zara).

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep agree there has been absolutely NO character development - he's just kind of.....there....creeping on Nina. He also has no personality - what a boring man!

Re Nina not delivering babies - I have always found that kind of hard to believe anyway - drs are pretty busy and don't normally attend an entire vaginal birth unless there are problems right? Nina appears to be there for the whole thing. Don't they just come in at the end and "catch" the baby (if you will) and the midwives do the rest? Seems like she acts more of a midwife role in this show except for when she does c-secs.
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 03-07-2014 at 14:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I love Clegg, but why does he/how is he able to drop everything to babysit Zoe.
    Nina delivered 1 baby on last night's episode...surely the Ward is a bit busier??!!
    I love Kim. She plays the part of a CNC/Charge Nurse so well!!
    The acting is pretty ****, I agree (except for Kim and Zara).

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    How many hours did they leave Clegg to look after Zoe for without even checking in on her too.
    That was the first birth this season that I actually got teary about, and I'm pregnant so usually any baby being born would have me in tears. But they're falling into the trap of lying a woman on a hospital bed as soon as she walks in and staying there until she pushes a baby out.