Closed Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooooo ladies, does we like Thomas or Leo? Thomas seems more like her type!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think Geraldine is going to end up hooked on pain killers, fits in with her existing alcoholism.

I want to shake Leo and tell him to stop being so wishy-washy but Thomas' acting makes the cast of Home an Away look like Oscar nominees!

I'm guessing she chooses Thomas though as he's in the opening isn't he? So they need to keep him in the plot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They're both in the new opening sequence with Lawrence, but I like all of them so hope they stay. Mick and dad are both still in the opening too. I would like to see Thomas develop a relationship but think Leo has the potential to be a good friend without there being a relationship develop.

That's an interesting theory on Geraldine, hubby said they weren't playing up on the adds enough for her to die but the show kinda overplayed it with lots of leaning towards something going wrong. But maybe it's a gradual decline from drug addiction.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I think I prefer Thomas.

It would be nice to see Nina get together with someone she doesn't work with.

My thoughts too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post

I'm guessing she chooses Thomas though as he's in the opening isn't he? So they need to keep him in the plot.
    All 3 of them are- Thomas, Leo and um.. counselor guy...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    All 3 of them are- Thomas, Leo and um.. counselor guy...
    Baha, I was trying to remember his name too and just calling him counsellor guy! Lawrence!

Leo will stay in regardless of what happens with Nina because he's got that job now, Lawrence is all about Billie, so that only leaves Thomas and he doesn't fit unless there's something happening with him and Nina.

I agree though, if she hooks up with ANOTHER male work colleague then that's just beyond a joke!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leo, so much her type!

I reckon she'll have a fling with both of them, then choose neither and stay single. I think this obsession with men is annoying. You would hardly know she's a single mum too, she has so much freedom, not at all representative of true single-parenthood.

I don't think Geraldine is depressed... She's a free spirit, and I wish people would realise its possible to be happy without a man, and once the kids grow up.

Oh and I reckon Lawrence and billow are so not at all believable together....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    I reckon she'll have a fling with both of them, then choose neither and stay single. I think this obsession with men is annoying. You would hardly know she's a single mum too, she has so much freedom, not at all representative of true single-parenthood.
    Or even parenthood in general. I get that she has a super-suportive-living-in-each-other's-pockets family, but seriously, it's like no one in that family ever gets stuck for a babysitter!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Oh heck yes to it not being a true representative. I have a 10 and a half month old who does not do a thing. Without. Me.

I can't leave for 20 minutes to pick the boys up from school without her going crazy.

But then.. it's tv. And would we watch a show where the main character stayed at home all day, changed dirty nappies, cleaned the kitchen and did the washing? I wouldn't. I could record myself and watch it back. It's escapism. Most of what we watch of tv wouldn't happen in real life. I'm happy to just go along ignoring little things like that

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Bunty  (26-06-2014),Lauzy  (26-06-2014),Sonja  (27-06-2014),undercover7  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    But then.. it's tv. And would we watch a show where the main character stayed at home all day, changed dirty nappies, cleaned the kitchen and did the washing? I wouldn't. I could record myself and watch it back.
    You just made me laugh so hard I remembered I need to do more pelvic floor exercises!! Indeed, my life would not make a very interesting TV show either!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Or even parenthood in general. I get that she has a super-suportive-living-in-each-other's-pockets family, but seriously, it's like no one in that family ever gets stuck for a babysitter!
    In the first couple of eps you saw her bf and saw a pump and there was talk of milk in the freezer- but now... does Zoe ever get fed?!
    She does have heaps of freedom but as a PP said it's not really meant to represent real life- it's drama