Closed Thread
Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^ oh god yes. That family would be my worst nightmare!

And all the Patrick appearances were a bit annoying, if he is still going to be around why can't he be alive!!!!!! I thought they killed him off so he could go and work overseas?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (15-05-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    That's what they said. Buuut... now he's signed on to Love Child. So overseas obviously not? And then watching the Project last night Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart where on there and they said that Patrick's ghost will still appear regularly.

I think they have made an epic mistake in killing off Patrick...

But, hindsight, eh?

Ps- I still like the proudman family. They make me laugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Billie drives me mental, she bullies nina, and nina lets her.

i like ninjas dad, actually I like both her dads

The mum, I swing with her, but I think she needs some goals in life, besides drinking a bottle of wine every night

Jimmy, weird and Zara, so up herself and rude

mick, yep, nice guy, doormat, but you'd need to be to go out with extremely high maintenance Billie

I liked Patrick, but during her pregnancy he was very nasty to her at times which didn't sit well with me, whether he apologised or not.

maybe Patrick stayed in australia because of all the sudden popularity, and decided he was more marketable here for now? So they have kept him on to cash in on that?

ETA I actually like that the family are really close and there for each other, and so open about things. It's much more positive in a person's life than people may think, and certainly for nina and Zoey.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 15-05-2014 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I dunno. I felt pangs at times (the whole imagining having a baby without a dad etc) but then her family are just so ducking annoying I think it may really turn me off. The proposal next week looks absolutely cringeworthy.

His death gave them an opportunity for some of the more irritating things about the show to grow up (her mother, her brother, their obsession with each otehr's lives) but I think it's going to move between reaching for the tissues whenever Patrick holds the baby and looks all gooey at it and wanting to throw something at the television whenever anyone else is on. And not happy about Billy's husband being MIA he was about the only other one I could bare.

I'll give it a few more episodes to create something new otherwise I suspect I may be over it.
    I agree with every single thing you've said. It was all a bit rushed and the conversations shallow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Why did they have to keep showing him!?! Do they not realise we mourned already

Damn pregnancy hormones, dh has had a field day teasing me about crying...again
    Every time he came onscreen I started crying. Pregnancy hormones + Offspring = waterworks. Even DH got emotional and shed a tear. It's one of those shows that is so well written and acted that you feel like you know these people.

Love it...just not sure how I'm going to manage to get through the season if Patrick keeps popping up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'd also like to see Nina make some friends outside her work / family. From my point of view that's something really challenging when you've always focused on work and then have a kid. That could make the story more interesting. It feels like everyone on the show is a work colleague or family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry on a roll now

What was that ridiculous thing Jimmy had on his head last night?? Seriously I lived in that suburb for 8 years and no one looked like that. He does my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melbourne's version of the 'hipster'? No idea.

I could do relate to the swimming with baby scene... That was the first group thing I did with DS too, and the other mums reactions when she told them she was a widow... Same thing that constantly happened to me when I revealed I was a single mum. People don't expect it when you're 1. Not a young mum and 2. When you have such a young baby. The pity makes you want to run away. She should have stayed for coffee though I thought.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry on a roll now

What was that ridiculous thing Jimmy had on his head last night?? Seriously I lived in that suburb for 8 years and no one looked like that. He does my head in.

My uni had a huge outdoor ed culture, and that's what all the OE's wore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I don't have a sister.. But I can't ever imagine anyone's sister telling them to have an orgasm or else!
    It was such an awkward and weird scene. And then why on earth would you tell your family about it. It was my only criticism from the show

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (15-05-2014)