+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Birth Certificate Help

SO my little miss is 22days old and I still havent sent off the birth certificate forms. Oops.

So firstly, how long do you have to send the forms in? Im hoping to send them tomorrow but knowing me I will forget again

Secondly, I am confused about something.
    DP is a 'The Third'....as in First Middle Last The Third. He hates it but its his name so....yeah. ANYWAY, on bubbies birth certificate for the "fathers info" section, I was wondering how I write this info? On his drivers license it has the 'the third' after his middle name for some reason It says:
    First
    Middle, The Third
    Last

I txt DPs mum and she said I dont need to put it on there but if I do to write it as:
    First
    Middle
    Last The Third

Anyone have ANY clue how to do this correctly? Do I need to put the 'The Third' on there or can I just leave it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about the length of time you have. But re DH's name it should match whatever is on his birth certificate. Depending when he got his licence the licence will match his birth cert so I'd be putting "the third" after his middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Qld is 60 days to send it off..... It should tell you on the forms - the envelope that the Qld forms come in, has it in massive writing across the front.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have NO idea about 'the third'! But I'm pretty sure you have 6+ months for the lodgement, only problem you will have is you need it to get centre link entitlements

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesy View Post
    I don't know about the length of time you have. But re DH's name it should match whatever is on his birth certificate. Depending when he got his licence the licence will match his birth cert so I'd be putting "the third" after his middle name.
    Well thats what I thought but his mum has confused me Lol Suppose I could ring up BDM and ask them yeah? Stupid 'The Third'.

Thanks everyone for giving me an idea on how long to hand it in. Seems I have some time...I dont mean to be waiting this long, I just keep forgetting to find out how to fill his stupid section in Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a tangent my DH is a "second" and we had a lot of pressure if we had a boy for a "third" I was so lucky that we had a daughter so I didn't have to p!ss anyone off. There was no way!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    If DD was a boy there was no way we were going to make him 'The Fourth'. DP didnt even know he was a third until he got his drivers license Lol He hates it.

How does your hubby fill in forms as a second?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I thought you put III like Roman numerals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad is a "third" and my mum thought it was silly and just didn't put on our birth certificates. No one ever questioned her about it and it has never been mentioned. It has never caused any issues for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dd was born Feb 10th and I sent her birth certificate last week and got it back this week so you're all good with time.

I'm pretty sure Australia doesn't recognise "the third / III" like the USA does at the end of a name, John Smith III. You can verbally call your son John Smith The Third but legally you would have to include it in the name, John III Smith. I only know this because one of DH work colleagues had this problem when they had 'The Fourth' born in Australia and they were from the USA.