View Poll Results: Are jeans ok in the office?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 50.00%
  • No

4 16.67%
  • Only on Friday

8 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Jeans in the office?

Is it ok to wear jeans in the office?

Personally, I love them and think they look very smart, but many offices still frown upon them and only allow jeans on casual Friday. Other Offices don't do casual Friday and its corporate wear all the way.

With the exception of professions such as law where one must appear professional and neutral, or professions requiring a uniform, in general are jeans ok at work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's fine. But I know many disagree!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't, my workplace is not corporate but we still do not wear jeans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think jeans are ok in office settings, apart from casual dress days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work in the construction industry and most of our male project managers wear jeans and work polo but I think if one of us girls came in jeans we'd be told not to again. If it was my business I wouldn't care though, I love jeans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends entirely on the workplace.

If the workplace doesn't require traditional business dress then I think they are fine and very versatile.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends on how you wear jeans. Me in jeans in a office, no way. I can't dress up jeans to save my life. I look like I'm off to the shops.

But some people can put jeans with nice shoes and a blouse and look super professional.

My workplace though, it's fine. Currently wearing trackies and uggs at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My job is part office work and part field work. We have to wear business attire out in the field and when we have clients visiting. At all other times, most of us dress casually and jeans are welcome any day of the week. I love it this way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the workplace. In corporate offices, only on Fridays (if they do the casual friday approach). I know in our offices, we have so many partners, government officials etc coming and going it wouldn't be a good look to have people wearing jeans.

But an office say in an industrial area attached to a workshop, yeah, I wouldn't see an issue

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it really depends on the workplace and your role. In my office I am the only person who doesn't wear jeans. DP almost always wears jeans and a shirt, he is in a creative profession but works in an office with engineers, so he is the only one in jeans.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app