+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We live in a very cold place (-4 only the other night!). DS sleeps in a singlet, flannelette pjs and a winter sleeping bag, and we have a small column heater on a low setting in his room overnight.

We also have central heating that is set to 16 degrees overnight, but as our house is well insulated it hasn't come on yet overnight.

We had an energy audit done last year - the woman who did it said that she would recommend a column heater as they're cheap to run.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have oil heaters in both kids rooms set on low all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't- we are out of Melbourne do last night got to 5 degrees (ish) and I just rug them up more- so singlet, long sleeved top, blanket sleeper and a couple of blankets. They both sleep fine. I've never slept in a heated house overnight

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't heat overnight, and it gets pretty darn cold here! We've had several -4 mornings already! I just dress the boys in singlets, socks and flannelette pyjamas. They have a woollen blanket and 2 quilt/doonas on their beds. They haven't woken up cold yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the oil heater used less if it was left on the lowest setting throughout the day (move it to another room if you need other heating). It's the heating from cold that uses the electricity, not if it's on very low all the time and just heated from there.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use a column/oil heater in DD's room. It think of them as the heating equivalent of the slow cooker because you can touch them without risking a burn, and they don't dry out the air in the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Small fan heater with temp control so it switches off when it's warm enough and on again when it cools down

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm from the uk and we never had any heating on overnight! When we visited recently it was freakishly cold and Our toddler slept with me, in normal pjs and a dooner. How are dooners unsafe for toddlers? Infants of course but 2.5 3 year olds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in south east QLD too and can't afford heating we just layer up this last week DS has gone to bed in a singlet, longsleeve footed onesie with flannelette pjs over the top a 2.5 tog sleeping bag (equivalent of a winter Doona) and a minky blanket he is toasty warm in the morning even after kicking the extra blanket off