+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how do you heat your toddlers room at night?

Morning everyone, nights have got quite cool recently in south east qld and im looking for a cost effective, safe way to keep ds room warm at night. I put plenty of layers on him but he has a very cool room. Im worried that a heater will cost a fortune to run and could be dangerous ..... any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having the same problem with DD's room.

Iv been putting a heater in her room with the door closed for a few hours prior to her going to bed, then turning it off and removing it from her room when she hops into bed... Keeps her room warmer than it was

Thanks
    Reviews
    he woke up at 3.30 this morning which is very rare and when i went in it was so cold his body was warm but face and hands were cold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year she was in her cot so I just put a colum heater in her room.

These heaters are very energy efficient.... Very minimal change in our bills. I actually went to retravision and got one that was a little pricey compared to the cheapo ones from bigw or other discount stores... Thought they maybe safer and use less power

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    he woke up at 3.30 this morning which is very rare and when i went in it was so cold his body was warm but face and hands were cold
    Naww poor bubba!
    How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we live in South Coast NSW and it has gotten quite cold all of a sudden too. We have a radiator/oil heater in her room that we set on a timer so it goes on between midnight and 1am and then on again at 230am to 4am. It's on quite a low setting, so the room is not hot but around 21-24 degrees. She has been sleeping so much better since we did that. She wears a wondersuit with long sleeved top underneath and a 2.5 tog Grobag

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds is 2 he wears thick pjs and a long sleeve thick sleeping bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    central heat pump, 24deg

a bunch of doonas can also be dangerous.

all electric radiator/oil/column heaters just convert electricity to heat. Apart from energy wasted on the fan part, there's no way one type can be more efficient than the other. Just buy the cheapest

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a heater in my girls room and they seem to cope alright in the freezing mornings but the heaters i was looking into were panel heaters they are supposed to be energy efficient and safe for little ones. They are wall mounted so you can put it out of the way.

Other then that all i can say is i dress my girls in singlet thermal top and footed thermal pants then flannels over the top and socks. they then have flannel sheets and a doona and thermal blanket each. I've not had problems with them waking up cold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I put them in singlets, sometimes long sleeve thermal tops, then pjs - flannel and then those zip up whole body things - the ones with the feet covered, then a doona and then a quilt on top. It gets to minus 6 here sometimes and so far so good. I don't heat the room, I am too scared of fire or a short or something.