+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    ive always heard the oposite, firet labours generally are longer but it varys from person to person. for me it was 3 days (54 hours and 40minutes) so what ive heard was true for me, my labour was looooong!!

dont freak out, everyone is differant, you will be fine

URGENT HELP~ i bought vitex today but on the pack it says take 3 a day??? How much do you all take and what time?? i thought it was only 1 a day? Eeep help. lol tia
    Yes, generally first labours are longer. Thankfully labours that last 2-3 days are in the minority - particularly if it's established labour. I think the average is under 20 hours - but this is from memory. I got the shock of my life when our third labour only went for 5 hours - woo hoo!

Edit: I didn't trust my memory, so quickly googled it:

"For a first baby, the average length of the first stage of labour is 12 to 14 hours, the second stage 1 to 2 hours and the third stage 5 to 60 minutes"

I imagine lots of sources would have different times though too. And another thing that brings the average to less than 20 hours are people like my SILs who have their first under 5 hours.

But personally, I never noticed a change between these 3 stages. I only noticed a change between pre-labour to established labour...to when the baby came out! I also wonder how accurately these times are recorded. I know our midwife asked us what time we wanted recorded for our long labour - I replied "Don't care, he's out now - you can put it from the breaking of the waters if you like as no one will believe it went for two days and it doesn't really matter".

Truly, in the end, you don't care about all this. A healthy bub trumps it all and it's all worth it!
    Last edited by Little Ted; 23-05-2013 at 23:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    ive always heard the oposite, firet labours generally are longer but it varys from person to person. for me it was 3 days (54 hours and 40minutes) so what ive heard was true for me, my labour was looooong!!

dont freak out, everyone is differant, you will be fine

URGENT HELP~ i bought vitex today but on the pack it says take 3 a day??? How much do you all take and what time?? i thought it was only 1 a day? Eeep help. lol tia
    Same here with the vitex! I have just been taking one a day. I only had one ridiculously short cycle so I think I might be going overboard trying vitex already but I figure one a day can't do much harm? Maybe it's not enough to do anything either :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    my mum was in labour for 36 hrs with me, I was the only one she wasn't induced with and said it was the best one for that reason except how long it was. It was long enough for them to send my dad home and then call the wrong number to get him back to the hospital lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. I knew the baby shower was coming up but kinda hoped I'd have a bfp before I had to go there :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    my mum was in labour for 36 hrs with me, I was the only one she wasn't induced with and said it was the best one for that reason except how long it was. It was long enough for them to send my dad home and then call the wrong number to get him back to the hospital lol.
    I wonder if the average length of first labours has dropped due to more inductions? My mum's first labour was long too. I chose to go home during the day and go back to be checked - I think I walked a lot. They tried to induce our first for 10 hours but it didn't work.

Did your dad get there in time wobbler? Your poor mum!

My vitex says to take 3 a day too, but it varies upon when I remember - some days 1, other days 3. Which reminds me...to take preg vitamin before bed - goodnight!
    Last edited by Little Ted; 23-05-2013 at 23:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. I knew the baby shower was coming up but kinda hoped I'd have a bfp before I had to go there :-)
    Will be thinking of you lulabelle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    "For a first baby, the average length of the first stage of labour is 12 to 14 hours, the second stage 1 to 2 hours and the third stage 5 to 60 minutes"
    This is what we were told at antenatal classes As a general rule. 1st stage being contractions, 2nd stage being pushing, 3rd stage being placenta delivery.

With my DS (Not a normal labour) I started losing my plug around 11pm Sunday Night (now THAT puts the TTC Talk of EWCM to shame...think...golfball sizes of the gunk! YUCK!!!) 1AM Monday my waters broke. I was only having irregular start/stop contractions, but not dialated AT ALL!!! Until 7pm Monday...At which stage i found myself happy sitting on the toilet for over an hour. I got a contraction when i stood and those ones HURT! So i kept sitting...lol we found i was 3cm, but not coping with being in pain and no sleep since Saturday night, so got an epi, slept all night, only got to 6cm, and at 9.55am Tuesday, DS was born via Csect

In hindsight, if i had slept when i was told too, instead of getting all exciting and staying up sunday night...and stayed on the toilet, then stood up and rocked it may have been a different outcome than me crawling on the bed exhausted and passing out between contractions..oh well, all info to remember for next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I've been reading up on possible side affects if vitex and mid cycle spotting is one of them. That's the only thing I've done differently this month so thinking that might be the cause if my mid cycle spotting. I started taking it to try to reduce my long cycles but think I'd prefer the long cycle to the random constant spotting. Plus I've had headaches while in it too. Has anyone else had side effects from vitex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard headaches can be a symptom. I don't know about spotting. I have Vitex tea & haven't had any symptoms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So in sitting at the pathology waiting room waiting to get my blood test fingers it comes back with good numbers fx