+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so glad to hear all of the positive news!

My DD's PDA was closed with 3 days of ibuprofen, so I'm hoping your son has a similar result. Has he started feeds and is he tolerating them?

Don't be disappointed if the attempt off CPAP is short lived, they push these little babies quite hard and as a result it often ends up as only a short attempt. Have they discussed 'cycling' him or are they planning on taking him off all together?

I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me (not sure if anyone knows why - is it because of how new the profile is?), please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss anything! I can also send you some pictures of my DD's NICU journey and how she is looking now if that is of any assistance to you.

I hope your wife gets a cuddle soon, it was a real turning point for me, emotionally. It made me feel like a real mum :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

ilium007  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to pass on my thoughts and best wishes for your wife and little boy. What an incredible story. I felt so emotional reading it. May your family be blessed with the strength you need to get through each day of this journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for not answering the posts on here sooner and I will post in more detail tonight but we are in week 3 and not having too many issues at present.
    He is still on CPAP, still breathing air and has been having the CPAP pressure lowered in an attempt to get him to work a little harder.
    He doesn't alarm too much in the NCCU and the first time we saw he desat was yesterday when they lowered his MAP to 5cm but they said the desat was to be expected.
    So all in all he is stable and growing - we hit the 1kg mark on Sunday !!!

http://flic.kr/p/eyzPuR

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilium007 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (15-07-2013),Pesca77  (04-06-2013)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wonderful news. Have you told us babys name?? I continue praying for more and more good news, lots of love, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh !! His name is Hugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow what an intense experience..best wishes to you and your family..he is a lovely little boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I'm so glad to hear all of the positive news!

My DD's PDA was closed with 3 days of ibuprofen, so I'm hoping your son has a similar result. Has he started feeds and is he tolerating them?
    We tried 2 courses of Ibuprofen but the duct didn't close. His tummy got a little upset and he had to have some Zantec. The problem with Zantec is that it can increase the risk of infection so we held off any further Ibuprofen as a third course has been proven to only increase the chance of PDA closure by just 1%.
    He is a little anaemic at present and if he requires a transfusion this can also help with the PDA closure.
    The neonatologist is not too concerned by it at present and has said it is now 'restricted'. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh feeds - he he tolerating feeds and is on 13ml/2hrs fully fortified so we expect him to start putting on weight !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am I right in thinking you are at the Mater? I'm there right now with my Bub having had her 2nd open heart surgery. I know you probably have tons of visitors and things and i'm a stranger but if you need anything or want to grab a coffee or something feel free to pm me. My Bub spent a short time in NICU. .. the drs and everyone were awesome. Hugs to you all. I hope he continues to go from strength to strength.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes - we are at the Mater Mothers as well. If I can work out how to send a PM on this site I will send you a msg.