+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little baby boy! I'm sorry your wife had to go through so much trauma. What an ordeal for you both.

My son was delivered via emergency CS at 31+2 weighing 1302g and is now a healthy boisterous 27 month old.

It is very encouraging that your little boy is breathing on his own - it's surprising how strong these tiny babies can be. They really do fight.

Having a premmie baby in NICU/special care is certainly a rollercoaster of an experience. Even when you know they are healthy and getting amazing medical care, it is still very hard when you cannot take them home. My most gut-wrenching moment was the day I was discharged from hospital. It's incredibly hard walking out of the hospital without your baby, knowing it will be weeks before you can take them home.

You just have to roll with it and take it one day at a time. Every day in hospital is a step closer to having your boy home.

My DS had no real medical issues and was able to come home after 5 1/2 weeks. You will most likely be told what I was - expect them to come home when they are 'term', but if everything goes really well it could be sooner.

Thank you for sharing your story. As a premmie parent I have a real soft spot for prems and love hearing about others journeys.

My DH and I look back on our experience with fond memories now, even though it was really hard at times, we still remember all the special memories like our first cuddle & the first time DS breast fed properly.

Please feel free to PM me should you ever wish to talk about your experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the arrival of your son and good to hear that mum & bub are doing well!

You're in Mater Mothers Brisbane? I'm in there too! My son was born on Friday at 30 weeks and my daughter was born there last year at 28 weeks.

My son was bumped from ICN1 to ICN2 on Monday so hopefully he was making space for your son.

If you're in Bris you and your wife will meet with Di, the social worker and sometimes it can be good to have a chat! It can be full on but it sounds like your boy is doing well. A lot of the drs/nurses are the same and remember my DD (which is good and bad haha).

If you or your wife have any q's, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations on your little boy. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and u hope your wife recovers quickly. God bless you all

Very many years ago, my sister had twins at 27 weeks, but they had lung issues and had to be on steroids to get their lungs to develop.
    They were in hospital till their due date, they had their ups and downs as well. We had a freezer full if breast milk and she had to express lots of milk to feed them. She found this pretty hard, having to express so often.

My sister found it tough, wondering why her body couldn't support them any longer, and obviously found it tough to watch her boys suffer with tubes down their throats and poked and prodded to check that they were progressing.

I'm thankful to say that 18 years later my nephews are perfect, awesome guys with no real health problems. One of them had to wear corrective glasses for a while during his teens, as the high level of o2 in their humidicribs affected his eyesight.

Just stay strong, ask for help from family and friends, love your wife and support each other. Don't get disheartened if she loses her temper with u in the months to come, she's just sad and frustrated.

Sending prayers to you and your family. Take care xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, hugs. How traumatic. You come across as an amazing husband and now also an amazing dad.

I think it will be important for you to speak with a social worker at the hospital and if need be a professional down the track. A lot has happened in an extremely short amount of time and it's ok if you feel overwhelmed.

It sounds very scary. Good on you for writing and reaching out. It's important to not bottle up your thoughts and emotions.

I wish your wife a speedy recovery and hope she is also able to talk with someone (as well as you of course).

Your beautiful little boy sounds like he is doing quiet well.

Finally, congratulations. I know that it has been a traumatic start but hopefully you are all able to process what has happened and enjoy some good quality family time.

Best wishes for the future for your family

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no experience with premmies, but couldn't read and not reply.

Massive hugs and thoughts thrown your way. I truly hope your baby and wife continue to recover as healthy and quickly as possible. They are both lucky to have an amazing husband and father in you.

Please do update us on their progress and feel free to come back to BubHub any time you need advice, a vent or virtual support. We are all behind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby and mum doing really well. Mum got to touch him for the first time yesterday after being discharged from ICU. Up in the mums ward now and hoping to have some cuddle time today with the little man.

He had his umbilical lines out last night and a long line put in. He is breathing 100% air and they are talking about taking his CPAPS off today for a little while.

We know he has some special people looking down on him and helping him on his little journey.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilium007 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, that's amazingly fast, considering his age. What wonderful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your baby boy!

Wow, 27 weeks, out of nicu and breathing air!!?? That's unbelievable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad your wife has improved and is on ward. Even better that she has been able to meet your little man. Thank you for letting us know. Hope you are getting some rest too.
    LT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! He is so precious! Doing extremely well for a little bubba!
    So glad his mummy/your wife is okay and on the road to recovery.

My DD was born at 35weeks 2.2kg and a little fighter too