+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Congrats on your beautiful bubba. Bubba is lucky he has a Strong Dad to help him through his earliest days.

So sorry your birth experience was traumatic and your wife suffered and is in ICU. I hope your bubba stays safe and your wife has a speedy recovery.

Hoping other parents on here can help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so glad that they are both improving. Breathing on his own - that is fantastic at this point. We had close friends with a 29 week premmie and appreciate what you are going through. I'm so sorry it was so traumatic - so glad she was in hospital at the time. Please let us know how they get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too could not read this & not reply. I do not have experience in your situation but am sending lots of love & prayers to your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your thoughts and your prayers - I think we will need them all. Mum and baby had a good night. I certainly didn't expect such a response and it helps a great deal to know there are others I can shout out to if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on your beautiful son! I cried reading your traumatic birth story. Great to hear everyone is doing alright. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations he is beautiful. Im so sorry you had to go through such a horrific experience. Im so glad they are both doing well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Although I have not been in your situation but did spend time in nicu with my son, and my husband was born ar 27 weeks 30 years ago now and is healthy with no evidence of the fight for life he had in the beginning. Good luck and take time out for you, having had a son in hospital regularly it is important to take time out to refresh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulation and at the same time I am very sorry that you all have had to go through such a traumatic birth. I hope you wife and son recover soon - it sounds like they are both fighters. Don't forget to also take care of yourself.
    Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well wow what a start to life your son has had, could not read your post without tears in my eyes. So glad to hear a good outcome has happened for the 3 of you, hopefully they will continue to heal in leaps and bounds in the coming days, weeks and months. I have cared for babies born at 23 and 24 weeks when they have come up to being 6 and 12 months old and they are so resilient and the encouragement and support they have from their parents is what keeps them going. I know there will be hard days and good days more then bad hopefully so just remember to take each day as it comes and remember to provide support to each other and take care and let everyone know how they are going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs to you, I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this.

I have no personal experience with premi bubs, my mates baby was born at 25 weeks that was 8 yrs ago and she's a healthy, energetic little girl.

I almost died during childbirth & I remember clearly how hard that was for my husband. I think it was much harder for him than it was for me, it continues to be a struggle for him, to watch someone you love go through so much is very difficult.

Our dd2 is also IVF, a process that leaves you emotionally drained as it is.

Please know you are in the best place for both your wife & son, they both need you so take care of yourself, accept offers of help and talk to people about how your feeling.

Best of luck to you all, you will be in my prayers.