+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 year changing routine HELP PLEASE

Hi after some advice on my little girl who is nearly 12.5 months. We are having such a fight with her day naps. She normally wakes 6-6:30am and is showing tired signs again bout 8-9ish so this is when we put her down most days she will have a a good sleep of 1-1.5 but the arvo nap OMG is a nightmare. She is tired and looks like she will have a sleep but just plays and talks away in her cot which is fine cause she is still resting so after bout an hour I get her up. Generally then by 4-5 she is so cranky and irritable cause she hasn't had a nap. Surely I'm not missing her tired signs? Other change also is switching her ova to toddler formula, would like to no what ones you mums n dad's use. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in the same boat with DS who is the same age so I'm keen to know what other people did too

We just switched our son over to cows milk - I started off with A2 because its a bit easier on the tummy - and he has a bedtime formula bottle. We use Heinz gold formula - I really like it and I like that its Australian made and owned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't help with the formula question, but I just changed DS to one nap. I didn't think he was fighting his naps, but he had starting waking during the night (which he hadn't done for months). Since Sunday I've been keeping him up to 11am. He sleeps for 1.5-2hrs and then goes to bed at 7pm.

He cries a few times between 7-8.30pm, but is now sleeping through again. I have to move DS around during the day so that he doesn't get too bored and therefore tired/cranky. So we go to the park, sometimes play in his pen, or outside, or in the lounge room, or his bedroom.

I've been very surprised how well he's coped. I would recommend trying it for a few days and see how she goes.

DH (early 30s) + me (29 + several months)
    DS (IVF #3) born 21/4/12 by emergency c-section
    PeJu#2 due Jan 2014

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeJu's Mum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds as though your bub could be ready to drop to one nap.

I'd start trialling by gradually pushing the morning nap out, maybe try 15-30mins every 2nd day. Keep them occupied by going to the park etc

The aim usually is for the nap to be around lunch time. You don't want them sleeping too late in the arvo, as it can often cause issues getting them to bed of an evening.

I know with my DS1, he has to be up by 3pm to be able to go to bed at 7pm for example. He now sleeps 2-2.5hrs from around 12pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Sounds as though your bub could be ready to drop to one nap.

I'd start trialling by gradually pushing the morning nap out, maybe try 15-30mins every 2nd day. Keep them occupied by going to the park etc

The aim usually is for the nap to be around lunch time. You don't want them sleeping too late in the arvo, as it can often cause issues getting them to bed of an evening.

I know with my DS1, he has to be up by 3pm to be able to go to bed at 7pm for example. He now sleeps 2-2.5hrs from around 12pm.
    I agree with this. Try pushing out the morning nap till later. You might fund you have a few weeks of transistion where somedays 1 nap, others 2 but eventually it will be more consistent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine used to do the same sleeps and has now gone to one nap at lunchtime

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone will try this and see how we go. Just when you think you have it all figured out and everything has been going good....then they want to change on you. I've recently gone back to work ft and bub is in family daycare 2 days and home with my husband 2 days then nannys 1 day so this probably hasn't helped either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very true OP - his routine is probably different at FDC. All the more reason to find a solution that will work everywhere, and that is certainly an advantage of just 1 nap a day.