+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like Grace and Paige too.

I can think of 5 babies named Charlotte without even trying, I'm sure I could think of more if I tried. It's very popular at the moment!

Having said that, we used a common name and I am yet to come across another bub with DDs name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the first line of your post you referred to your bub as 'poppy seed', why not call her Poppy?

You could give her a grown up name with the nickname Poppy, if you like. But poppy is nice just how it is..
    IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But, from your list, Grace and Lilly are my two's middle names, so I'm biased toward those.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like Grace or Gracie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I love Paige. I can't use it because we have friends with a daughter called Paige. She's a little cutie

Yay!!! Girl!!! I find girls' names much easier than boys' names. Charlotte is also lovely (Charlie for a nickname).

How about some variations on the names you already have on your list: e.g. Lilliana, Charlise

There's a great website called Nymbler (www.nymbler.com), where you put in names you like & it generates a list of similar sounding names.

It is so much fun!
    Thks Funchu! I will have to check that at out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    In the first line of your post you referred to your bub as 'poppy seed', why not call her Poppy?

You could give her a grown up name with the nickname Poppy, if you like. But poppy is nice just how it is..
    IMO.
    I would LOVE that!! I have always loved flower names - poppy, Lilly, rose, dahlia. But DF hates them with a passion and thinks they are all old fashioned Nanna names. He compromised to allow Lilly in.. But it is usually only referred to as a potential middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Lilly and Charlotte, both are on my list

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have all pointed out the same thing that I didn't love about Charlotte. It's very common and as pretty as it is- I tend to prefer names that strike a good balance between 'not too unique and not too common'

Peyton is cute!

I did also wonder if Mason was too masculine. I suggested Maisie/Macy for short.. As DF thought Maisie as an actual full name was too juvenile as an adult.

Ugh it so hard. And DF being super fussy isn't helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlotte is so beautiful but so popular. I like traditional names also and have names my two daughters:
    Isabel Olive
    Eliza Poppy
    I love Scarlet too!

Good luck!!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    To me, Parker and Mason are male names. Maisie is actually short for Maryann. I think it's cute.

On my girl name list I had Alice, Abby, Olivia, Leah, Emma, Eliza, Chloe, Sadie, Rebekah and Sophie.

From your list I like Lilly best, except that it is bordering on extremely common.