Closed Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I'm so sorry I haven't been around for AGES!! I've been working 4 day's a week, busy with DS and so hectic with treatment for my immune issues and sending blood overseas etc.

Pleased to hear the thread is taking off with so many newbies on here, it's great to see. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside!

Most of you know that I'm going back to Cape Town for another attempt of a donor cycle. We are off on 7th December!!

I've recently had 2x LIT's with Dr. M for my low lads. They increased somewhat from 2.9 to 14.8. Not as high as we would like so now Karen Pace (my LA based RI) wants me on Neupogen. I'm currently on a 10 day trial to see how I respond prior to cycling.

I also had Humira and will possibly require IVIg and prednisolone depending on the results of my overseas blood testing which I'm doing next week!!

Sooty - Wishing you the best for the transfer on Saturday. I'm impressed with Dr. M replying back to you straight away!! I have a feeling this is the one for you, can't wait to hear your positive news.

Presiousheart - I couldn't agree more with Nidhulaine re MTHFR. I'm talking the Thorne supplement with L-Methyl in it. We can't buy it here in Australia so thank god for Iherb!! They deliver pretty quickly too.

Kiwi - Glad to hear you are going well in your early pregnancy! So happy for you. Any m/s yet?

Simpson Desert - Great news that you are now weaning off the drugs- good to get rid of them!! Wishing you well with your appointment with Dr. M.

Hi to everyone else!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helenmac! I do believe we have you to thank for this amazing thread? I read right back to the start a while back so I'm hoping I have that correct! I am so grateful to have somewhere where I really feel like 'I fit'. After years of failed ivf attempts and watching so many ladies get pregnant I finally feel like I have found where I should be to get the answers I need to achieve my dream of finally becoming a mum. So thank you! If I had not stumbled across this thread I would not have a clue about immune issues. Good luck with your trial drug

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also best wishes and lots of sticky vibes going out to Sooty for transfer tomorrow. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best sooty! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose, Timetoshine and everyone else, thank you so much for your well wishes.

Today is the big day Today is our miracle day

For those of you on dex and having the same side effects as me, you'll appreciate how "wired" I am !!!!!! Very hard to relax and to be honest, I'm not going to beat myself up too much, as there's not a lot I can do about it unfortunately... gosh knows how I am going to RELAX and put my feet up after transfer - ha ha... it's pretty hard to sit still for 5 minutes, let alone an afternoon, unless we are out sight seeing, but not today - forced bed / horizontal rest ... !

I do have acupuncture booked after transfer, and I must admit I did fall asleep this time, (with the lady down the road from the clinic that does it ) - thats my gauge on how good she must be !! So hopefully that will WIND me back down.... for the today at least..... as Dr M has said to up the Dex from 4 from tomorrow !!! party party..... I've been on it 3 weeks approx now, and someone said it can take a month to settle down... heres counting !! It has settled a bit, ie. when we first arrived I was up at 12, then 1, then 2, then 3, now 4am ish !! At least I get to catch up on emails and all your'e updates

Soclose - I feel exactly like you about this thread. I really had no idea my NK Cells were so high and an issue and I say a big thank you too for starting the thread and everyone else on here. I wouldn't have found Dr M, or known anything about intralipids, CD markers etc. I thank the forum every day that I found it, by accident and feel so blessed. I now, constantly have my ears wide open for any ladies with m/c issues, IVF failures etc and tell them about Dr Beers book and Dr M.
    Last edited by sootymay; 16-11-2013 at 14:21.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

soclose  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope transfer went well Sooty. I haven't been on the dex yet but the pred had me climbing the walls! My house has never been so clean. I felt fantastic on it but it made me so hungry so stacked on the kilos!!

So Dr M called with results of my BT. I'm a bit confused about what to do really. He said most of the tests were good ie; mthfr, thyroid etc but there is an imbalance in my hormones. He said if we were to cycle now he would put me on pred clexane and high dose progesterone and intralipid infusions.

But then he mentioned having a biopsy and sending bloods to Chicago. It was kind of like he left it up to me to decide because of the cost. So I was left feeling that well maybe cycle off the results of these blood tests and hope for the best or have further testing so he can get the protocol required perfect! Hope I am making sense!

Has anyone else felt a bit up in the air after a
    Consult? Maybe I should have asked more questions but I wasn't really sure what to ask to be honest. I'm thinking I should at least go to Sydney for the biopsy. Thoughts?? Would really appreciate some input. Just feeling a bit all over the place as to where to go from here. Thanks ladies. Hope everyone is well!

PS I thought Dr M was just lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Soclose I requested the mods to sep up the Reproductive Immunology thread as I felt lost on this journey and was compelled to reach out to other women knowing we could support each other in our own little area.

What gives me enormous satisfaction is this sub forum is giving so much awareness and information to others googling and searching for answers. This journey can so cruel and soul destroying but the more info at our hands and research we do with determination, we will achieve what our desires whether its a successful outcome or closure with a feeling of content knowing you have done all you could :-)

Sooty - Is your acupuncturist Sarah Hewland? I sent her an email over a week ago and didn't hear back. Enjoy your rest time after transfer, eat pineapple (core) and laugh a lot to create the best environment for those embies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose - My recommendation would be to do the biopsy and then Dr.M will know more on how to treat you. If u have high CD57 (high nk cells in the uterus) then usually IVIg is the suggested treatment. He is almost guessing with the bt's alone. Cover all basis is my suggestion. I know that it drags things out longer but testing is the key! Best of luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

soclose  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, really appreciate it.

Soclose - I felt that way with Dr M too, when he brought up the Humira and left it up to me to decide to take it or not... mainly, I think because of the cost of it. He is lovely though, reminds me of a Grandfather type person when you talk to him. I had had the uterine biopsy with my FS here in Melb and I sent that to him, then he ordered Bloods to double check against it - so he does really need both to see the big picture on what's going on.

Helenmac - yes Sarah Hewland is the acupuncturist I went to. Strange she hasnt emailed you as I've pretty much rec'd a response straight away most times, maybe the first time I didnt, but otherwise she has been excellent with replying promptly, and especially to my text's now that I am over here.

Update...

Transfer was this morning and it wasn't the news we were expecting. I'm still trying to get my head back together and process it and decide "how" I want to manage my feelings & thoughts over the next 2 weeks.

For me - the best thing will probably be... to not hope too hard that it's going to work... and I understand that it could very well work, I do. I've read the stories on here and look - miracles are on their way But, I just can't let myself hope too much right now, I'm really flattened and surprised by our result and just don't know what to think at the moment. All I'm thinking is, here we go again.... how will we afford to get back here, should I use my own eggs next time - one more time with the same NK Cell treatment, since it's cheaper in Oz with the rebates.. and on it goes...all the time beating myself up about thinking negatively - errrrrrggghggh

The reality of the numbers game started on Thursday when I rang the clinic to find out the results from Mondays retrieval. 13 eggs, 7 embryos, 5 looking good. 50% down. At that stage, pulling myself back up again, saying it will be ok. That's good numbers, they are young eggs.... and the nagging, uphill, internal bartering & battling began.

Today, first thing Dr H says, is its not looking good to freeze any, "I really don't think we will have any left over to freeze, they haven't reached blastocyst, we'll let you know tomorrow". On asking 3 times on the quality of the remaining 2 blastocyst's (I said we would rather know and be prepared than have false hope - that is my way of coping, so please go easy on me girls if you disagree ) in the apt in his office 5 mins before transfer, in the transfer room, at transfer and then finally in his office after transfer - he then said the weren't quite where they would normally like them to be, they weren't expanding yet.... whatever that means (In Australia - I don't think from memory there were many times they graded or told us much about them, other than they were excellent, or not so good.

I'm sorry if I am sounding selfish and negative - of course there is a part of me that is hoping it will work - and it could do. I guess I'm just so taken aback at what's happened today. As I said to DH, I guess at least one positive is, that if there had been "excellent" embryos put in today, my crash (IF it comes) would have been even worse, at least this way, I'm not running around thinking it's all plain sailing and thinking it's going to work and getting all excited early.... I'm semi prepared.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

soclose  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Helen and Sooty for your advice. I'm going to call G tomorrow and find out what I need to do re the biopsy. Is it done under GA? Where is it done? I know I've read all this before but again I can't remember! I just want to know what I'm up for as I am coming from interstate for it.

Oh Sooty hang in there. You most certainly are not being negative nor selfish. We put our everything into our donor cycles and expect 'things' to go so much better than when we cycle with our own eggs. I know exactly where you're coming from. But we know this ivf game is very unpredictable so you just never know what's going to happen. I'm hoping this is the one that will work out for you.