Closed Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely lovely ladies - my sanity and support life line when I'm not coping on my own !!

Thank you for all the well wishes, CT is wonderful, weather has been kind to us 25-28 degrees last 3 days and the people are sooooooooo friendly - and it's cheap !!

We had egg retrieval today - 13 eggs and our ED is doing well. I sent her a message this morning via the agency, saying if they were talking to her (they stay in contact the whole way through) to say we were thinking of her today. The agency also texted us at 1pm today to update us and say she was doing well, resting at home and had the Doctor been in touch to update us.... - so kind of them, our agency are honestly amazing - I couldn't have wished for more, in support and help from them.

Then this evening we rec'd a very moving message through our agency, but from our ED, to tell us how she felt and thank us for the gifts we got her, she said it made her week after an anxious time & was so happy when the Doctor woke her up to tell her how well she had done, she said she had to fight back tears of happiness for us & was glad we had chosen her.
    Even though I haven't met her, I feel such a connection and am so happy she is ok and has shared her feelings with us. Its a huge thing for our ED's in what they are doing for others.

Ladies - I have another question - sorry about going back over this... Back to the progesterone !! Ok, so we are going to do 1 injection per day, and the clinic was happy to give us a box of Crinone as well, so that's what we are going to do. 1 inj/1 Crinone per day.

I'm going to try and order another supply of Gestone, as per recommendations to do so whilst over here due to the cheaper price.

With the Crinone - shall I order more of this here too? I cant remember for the life of me how much it is in Australia? ....

..... and I cant really ask our house sitter (who is my colleague - and has no idea why we are here, other than a "wedding") to climb up into the spare bedroom's wardrobe and go behind all the things I hid in front of all my fertility books and medications before I left - so she wouldn't accidentally stumble across them.......... to look at the box and tell me !!

Hi to everyone else, best be off, its nearly 11pm, the latest I've been up since been here, and should be in bed, considering I will probably be up again at 3-4am

Hi to everyone else - sorry I'm not reading over - but so many emails to catch up on.

Preciousheart - I think it was, thanks for the answers re. Dex, Humira etc and the CD levels - really appreciate it. I so hope all of the above, plus the 2 lots of intralipids (soy & egg) whilst over here will do the trick - they better!

We're scheduled for transfer Saturday and will be transferring 2. We've come too far not to give it our best shot. On the photo board this morning when we met our Nurse to show us how to do the Gestone injections, were so many twins........ I'm saying a sign

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Meagsbergs  (12-11-2013),SimpsonDesert  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome SD. It's exciting for us newbies to see a Dr M success story! Good luck for your next BT!

Thanks for that PreciousHeart - will have to google today. How exciting having your first intralipids! I feel like I'm lagging so far behind everyone else. I just want to catch up lol. So when is your next one?

That's an amazing result from your donor Sooty. What an emotional time for you. Good luck with fertilisation. I just dug out an old box of crinone I have sitting there but there was no price on it sorry! Best wishes for an exciting week ahead.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Dr M does phone consults on the weekend??? It dawned on me that mine is actually this Saturday. Does that sound right?

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    soclose - thanks for checking for me

I'm not sure if he does Sat phone consults, but I know he does phone after hours, so maybe he does.

Very exciting for you. I am so glad I found this forum too re. Dr M and the hope it gives us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sooty, great news, what a wonderful story re your ED, will be thinking of you on Saturday!!! Go embies!

If I remember I will call a chemist for you tomorrow and get a quote on Crinone for you, what do I ask, what is the dose and how many etc (I've never taken or bought it!)

soclose, don't worry you'll catch up sooner than you think!! not sure about Saturday calls - call Gwyneth and double check with her and make sure she has your phone numbers correct too...

Hey also found out about Folinic Acid for the first time from my acupuncturist last week - it is better than folic acid esp if you have a MTHFR issue as it's more easily absorbed etc - why I only just found this out baffles me!!! there's always something you've never heard of... anyhoo I'm now taking Dr Vera's Pure Innovation Folinic Acid, check it out ladies, esp if you have a MTHFR mutation
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 12-11-2013 at 20:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

sorry not too good at keeping up on BH as I am also on our FB group.
    Welcome Soclose, I have been a patient of Dr Ms for awhile now & am not aware of wkd calls...he does usually do intralipids on the wkds though.
    Sooty great news about your ER awesome numbers! Sending lots of positive vibes for your transfer Sat!

AFM: 8 weeks now & switched over from dexametheson to prednisolone.
    Preciousheart - back to your earlier question yes i was on 4 x .5mg after my transfer. Dr M likes you to transfer over to prednisolone at 8 weeks as Dexamethason is a stronger steroid & as you mentioned earlier he is aware of the crossing over with the placenta. I think about 8 weeks the placenta starts to take over around this time...
    All the other ladies: hope you are all well - I am going to try read back to see where everyone is up to with their cycles to get up to speed.

-----------------------
    Kiwi
    Me (35) DH(33)
    TTC since 2009: 4 Full ICSI. 5 chemicals - 2 BFN. Diagnosed with NK cells 3rd cycle.
    Transfer # 8 = Cairo 21.5 weeks.
    Transfer # 9 = Currently 8 weeks pregnant!!
    Next intralipid 24th Nov...
    Last edited by kiwi77; 13-11-2013 at 05:32.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Preciousheart when I first discovered I had MTHFR homo CT677 ie two copies of the type that has a strong link to miscarriage and I came across folinic acid which is better than folic acid as it is more bioavailable (broken down in the body) but I now take L-methyl folate which is the most bioavailable form of folate and there are only one or two steps for the body to convert it. Overall I am taking the methylated form of B6,9 and 12. My two homo copies of MTHFR means I have less than a 10% ability to process folic acid and although I do not believe it is my main reason for miscarriage my daughter has a sacral pit, basically a v small pin hole above anus which can be a soft sign for spins bifida but she has been tested and got the all clear so obviously I need extra folate. Iherb.com is a great site for ordering everything and I find it cheaper than ordering in pharmacies(when I can find the stuff).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine, thanks SO much for that info re B9 and also B6 and B12 methylated as I haven't been able to find that! Great that you're onto it all re the folic, who'd have thought there were these issues out there, thank goodness for the internet I say! (and Dr M!)
    Kiwi thanks for your update re the dex - so happy for you being 8 weeks and weaning to pred, so exciting, I hope your next intralipid goes smoothly too. I spoke to Dr M about the dex and crossing the placenta and he said don't stress as he could tell I was concerned about what I'd read regarding treatment for CAH bubs… he said that treating our level of NK uterine cells with pred was like water, anything over 20/mm2. I totally trust him more and more, especially reading Dr Beer's book, that man was one in a million, what a wonderful person and doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Great info about the folic/folinic and weaning off the dex. Thank you - I love this site and all the information we are able to help each other with.

You will have to laugh at me... after reading about 4 dex per day from transfer and realising my NK Cells are quite high compared to others on here (it is good to compare sometimes!!) I emailed Dr M's room yesterday, and told him I was in SA now with good results so far & transfer scheduled for Saturday and that I couldn't remember about the dex, was it 4 per day after transfer? ....... also giving him a summary of what I have taken / dates / dosages.

I got an email back pretty quick saying to increase to 4 per day after transfer and don't take clexane the day of transfer, everything else to stay as is.

I'm sooooooooo glad I asked and that I got a quick response.... as I didn't know about not taking clexane day of transfer either.

....And hey what's one more Dex per day, those nasty little NK Cells can take a hike for a few months ! (Of course I've been blessed with excellent health my whole life, probably due to them !! )

Anyways, thought I would share that with you
    Last edited by sootymay; 13-11-2013 at 13:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precioushearth - Thank you for offering to phone the chemist, dont worry now, as I have found out it's much cheaper to buy it here instead of Australia. Thanks again, that's really kind of you

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi sooty, great news, what a wonderful story re your ED, will be thinking of you on Saturday!!! Go embies!

If I remember I will call a chemist for you tomorrow and get a quote on Crinone for you, what do I ask, what is the dose and how many etc (I've never taken or bought it!)

soclose, don't worry you'll catch up sooner than you think!! not sure about Saturday calls - call Gwyneth and double check with her and make sure she has your phone numbers correct too...

Hey also found out about Folinic Acid for the first time from my acupuncturist last week - it is better than folic acid esp if you have a MTHFR issue as it's more easily absorbed etc - why I only just found this out baffles me!!! there's always something you've never heard of... anyhoo I'm now taking Dr Vera's Pure Innovation Folinic Acid, check it out ladies, esp if you have a MTHFR mutation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Kiwi, apparently it is my phone consult on Saturday, hoping my blood test results are back in time . So lovely to see another pregnant lady here Good luck for transfer on Saturday SootyMay, I hope everything is going well for you. Sounds like you are super organised and have everything under control! Hoping you come home with a nice sticky little embie onboard. I hope as I go along I can start to understand more of the immune 'lingo' lol. I must say I am finding it all a bit confusing at the moment! Maybe after I receive my bt results it will start making a bit more sense to me. Am feeling very blessed I have you lovely ladies here. I am learning so much just reading your posts, thank you