Closed Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks to whoever it was who gave me the tip of writing my name on the BT referrals - the lab sent me a whole copy of the results, so I could study and look up everything before I went to Dr M's appointment today. Very very helpful - wish I'd had that tip years ago!!

So it's all set - this next cycle I will take aspirin, prednisolone, Clexane and Intrallipids to treat a few minor immune issues - nothing of great levels like some of you on here, but Dr M said it's definitely worth doing all of them. He gave me the option of doing an Intrallipid infusion before EPU, or just go for one after a positive Beta, but I said go for, I want the best outcome so will not worry about the money (well, try not to worry!) He wants to try this first, before doing any further testing, so glad I've got a new plan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie! Great news, that's wonderful that you don't have big issues... just wondering if you have had the endometrial biopsy yet for NK cells in the uterus? If not I guess you are starting a cycle so can't do one... hopefully you will never have to!!! GREAT you got copies of the results! I started reading Dr Beer's book today and I just wept in the first few pages... they really understand what fertility challenges do to you, he seems to have been a really lovely doctor.

Can I ask what supplements you are taking for egg quality? I guess you're on the lot? I take 900mg CoQ10 a day (6 x 150mg Bioceuticals brand) along with loads of other stuff but I contribute this to egg quality, I know it's a high dose but it seems to help me I believe. I have only ever had 1 or 2 eggs retrieved and have been pregnant twice and had a baby on the 4th attempt... each cycle I've had grade 1 embryos every cycle except for my son who was a grade 2! (both of them were, we had a vanishing twin).

Anyway let us know, but hoping this #7 cycle will be the one for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm new here.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the reference range for NK cells is? Or point me to a source with this info? I've had conflicting interpretations of my results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - and a big hi to all the newies

A couple of you were asking about intralipids etc and signing up to new Doctors for treatment. I had to go through the new paitent process for Dr Logistias here in Melbourne to get on his books, as I wanted the option to beable to use intralipids (soy & egg based one - not the IVIG - which is the dearer one you are talking about - the soy & egg is $150 I think it was with Dr L - & I believe he is happy to give to you as required if you are under Dr M. I understand it is simply booking it in with his Nurse's and they do it - but I can't be 100% sure as I havent gone through the motions with that process yet).

Update from Cape Town - and a question about progesterone for anyone that has been over here and used the Gestone injections.... Crystal you may beable to help ?

We arrived Wednesday, has taken a few days to settle and its really QUITE surreal, on why we are here. Even when we went into the clinic. I think it's just jet lag, loads of underlying emotions and so on. But today is Sunday, 5 days on and starting to settle in more. The dex still has be awake at 12am the first few days, up at 1-2am, and this morning awake at 2am, and got up at 4am... so slowly adjusting - ha ha !! at least there is no tiredness in the mornings. We are out at a gorgeous place called Sabona Wildlife Reserve - splashed out, as it is rather quite posh in our books!!!!.. and the Ranger will be waking us soon anyways for a 5.50am start

Progesterone - Dr Matthias said to double whatever dose the clinic here gives me. So, do you think I could take pressaries for the additional dose, rather than doubling the injections every day? Crystal - I dont really want 2 needles in my butt everyday (you know my phobia with needles) plus of course I've read about all the bruising, lumps etc everyone has left. I may run out of room too... mind you by the time I come back, I'll have good size African butt on me anyways - I'm making the most of eating !!

Our ED is going well & I think at least 15 eggs, but we all know it's a numbers game, so will take that with a grain of salt. But Dr Heylen seems confident for a 5 day transfer next Sat - retreival is tomorrow. My lining is perfect - so all good so far. I had a wee wave of emotion for our lovely Donor last night coming back from safari in the night with bright shining stars everywhere, thinking that her trigger inj would have been last night and then her journey to help someone else is complete on Monday. Bless her beautiful soul.

Hi to everyone else xx
    Last edited by sootymay; 10-11-2013 at 13:11.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (10-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (10-11-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sootymay,

Glad to hear you are going well in Cape Town and it sounds like your donor is doing amazingly!!

In regards to the gestone - it is a VERY high level of progesterone (100mg) and it's the best that you can get on the market so there is no need to double it (like Dr. M says). Does Dr. M specifically know what progesterone you are having? You will be wasting it if you have two injections cause 1 injection per day is more then enough. CFC prescribe everyone high levels of progesterone so that it covers all basis and know that if a cycle result in a BFN it's definitely NOT the result of a lack of progesterone support.

The gestone is SO good in fact that I would recommend you buy some more (in Cape Town) to take you up to 10-12 weeks of pregnancy otherwise CFC recommend alternate with a vaginal preparation from 6 weeks onwards (which is still good but the Gestone is the rolls royce of progesterone!!)

Wishing you well and cheering you on for a BFP!
    Last edited by helenmac; 10-11-2013 at 15:41.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helenmac

Thank you sooooo much for your quick response. I really appreciate it, as not on wi-fi connections all the time & I start the Gestone tomorrow.

Dr M knows we are in Cape Town for treatment, so would assume he would know, but having said that, I didn’t check / tell him what I would be taking. Having said that, "I think" (terrible when you can't remember all this precious information from expensive, long awaited Doctors consults) that he said I was a bit low on it in the past…

From what you've said, I think I'll buy some pressaries here as well, rather than take 2 injections - and yes, I will definitely order some more Gestone to carry us through until 12 weeks. Crystal suggested the same, but said I may need to be firm with them on that, as they may try to get us to order through the UK International Pharmacy, which is a lot dearer from our oz dollar end of things…. thank you.

Thanks again xx Soots

Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Hey Sootymay,

Glad to hear you are going well in Cape Town and it sounds like your donor is doing amazingly!!

In regards to the gestone - it is a VERY high level of progesterone (100mg) and it's the best that you can get on the market so there is no need to double it (like Dr. M says). Does Dr. M specifically know what progesterone you are having? You will be wasting it if you have two injections cause 1 injection per day is more then enough. CFC prescribe everyone high levels of progesterone so that it covers all basis and know that if a cycle result in a BFN it's definitely NOT the result of a lack of progesterone support.

The gestone is SO good in fact that I would recommend you buy some more (in Cape Town) to take you up to 10-12 weeks of pregnancy otherwise CFC recommend alternate with a vaginal preparation from 6 weeks onwards (which is still good but the Gestone is the rolls royce of progesterone!!)

Wishing you well and cheering you on for a BFP!
    Last edited by sootymay; 10-11-2013 at 18:03.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sooty,

Sound's like a good plan.

When I was at CFC last time I asked for extra gestone and they just gave it too me no questions asked! I think you'll find they'll be happy to give you more as so many of us Aussie women have requested to bring more home as it's not easily obtainable here in Australia.

I have a friend seeing Dr. M (who has a history of low progesterone) and Dr. M specifically prescribed the PIO shots (you can get them from a compounding chemist) but he suggested she do the PIO shots after a positive pregnancy test and interchanging one shot for a pessary.

Wishing you well! xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooty! Good luck with your donor cycle in SA. Our donors truly are amazing ladies that's for sure. I didn't cycle overseas but my regular fs has been on the progesterone shots here and I certainly wouldn't double them either. I do not absorb progesterone very well and my progesterone tripled when I started on it. But wow is it expensive here!!! I was also on 2 x 400mg pessaries per day with the injection as well.

Look forward to hearing how your cycle progresses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PreciousHeart- so pleased you took the plunge and got started on Dex after the lovely ladies shared their details with you. Good luck with your upcoming infusion, or did you have it this past weekend? I was with Genea too (Liverpool clinic) and when I told one on my FNs I'd had intralipids, she said one of their Dr's does them (Derek Lok). Obviously not common knowledge across the whole organisation! I don't know what he charges or where he does them though... Dr M is my miracle man so I'm sticking with him

Sooty- so excited to read you are in Capetown and your donor has a great batch of eggs all ready for you! My very best wishes to you over the coming days, hope you get lots of perfect embies and come home with a sticky bub on board

Soclose- Hi and welcome! Yay for booking your appointment with Dr M, not long to wait now. I hope you can sort out a QLD-based FS to give you intralipids if you need them.

MGC- I know the delay to cycle was a huge blow, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. Now with your immune protocol set, you've got a much better chance at a BFP!

Hamsterhoney- sorry I can't help with your question, hopefully someone else can give you the range(s).

Stillhope- must be nearly time to come off the pill and start your cycle? I'm so excited for you to get things underway!

Hi Helen, Hope, Timetoshine, Kiwi, Nidhulaine & everyone else

AFM- All good here. Onto step 2 of my pred weaning, now on 20mg/day, and have stopped progesterone support altogether yay! I'm having BTs next week for surface markers, then seeing Dr M again on 26/11 for the results.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! just read this great study on Intralipids, thought you might be interested
    - can't get url to work so google: Does Immunotherapy For Treatment Of Reproductive Failure Enhance Live Births? (online library has the full article - Carolyn B Coulam 2012)

Sootymay, so exciting, can't wait to hear your updates of how everything is going... re the humira, I asked Dr M why he didn't suggest it for me and he said that it's an added thing which we could go to if it didn't work without it for my CD57 - it's all based on our individual results, too complex for me to work out, but I guess he suggested it for you cause your Cd57 in uterus are higher than mine - I asked what level CD57+ you use dex instead of prednisolone, and he said over 20/mm2. Hope all is going great with your embies, I always ask to lie back for an hour after transfers, and make sure I giggle and laugh during that hour as studies have showed it helps!!! may as well add that in the mix

HamsterHoney - it depends what CDs you're asking about - bloods or uterus or both, CD56+ and CD57+?... what were your results, it might help some of us answer you with what we have on paper?

Simpson Desert so great to hear your exciting update! I had my first intralipids on the weekend and I was very taken with the magic milk I must say!!! It just feels right, I don't know why, I just believe in it already, thank goodness for Dr M is all I can say... yes I had thought I'd read something about Dr Lok doing them, thanks! will look into it but now I've started with Dr M, all good!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing great!
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 11-11-2013 at 21:32. Reason: tinyurl didn't work!