Closed Thread
Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Soclose, Have you checked out the details I sent you regarding the two FS who do intralipids in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast? I would be looking at that avenue first as the ladies who see Wazza in Brisbane get them for free (providing you have private health). I am pretty sure Dr M is about $650 plus flights/accommodation etc. so it could get costly if you decide to go down that path. I also have a contact for somebody in Brisbane who does IVIG, not sure if I sent you that in your pm, but let me know if you need it. Sooty all the best for your trip to Cape Town, looking forward to hearing some good news on your return. Hi to all the newbies and to everyone else. Wishing you all the best of luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a question - one of my injection sites is bruised and when I press down on it it feels a little hard under the skin - is this just where the blood clotted? Has anyone else experienced this? It's only happened the once out of about 13 or so clexane shots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope06 View Post
    Hi Soclose, Have you checked out the details I sent you regarding the two FS who do intralipids in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast? I would be looking at that avenue first as the ladies who see Wazza in Brisbane get them for free (providing you have private health). I am pretty sure Dr M is about $650 plus flights/accommodation etc. so it could get costly if you decide to go down that path. I also have a contact for somebody in Brisbane who does IVIG, not sure if I sent you that in your pm, but let me know if you need it. Sooty all the best for your trip to Cape Town, looking forward to hearing some good news on your return. Hi to all the newbies and to everyone else. Wishing you all the best of luck x
    Hi Hope. Yes I did make contact and was told I had to be a patient of those clinics. Mind you I was only told this both times by the girls who answered the phone. If my fs gives me a flat out no he won't do them I might make contact with them again and push a little harder. Surely this can't be that difficult! Thanks always for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Little Ted - I get those lumps under the skin from clexane too, sometimes it takes a few weeks for them to go so don't worry about them. I have never iced so will do that next time to avoid the bruising as it is such a terrible needle compared to the puregon pen used for IVF which is brilliant.

Soclose, that's great info from Hope - if you can get it free you are lucky! Dr M is the only doc who does it in Sydney it seems, I can't find anyone else so he has the monopoly on it and at $650 plus my $250 excess for the hospital stay, it is VERY expensive… considering you can get it with Dr Nick L at Monash in Melbourne for less than $200 as an outpatient it's well overpriced… we pay for everything in Sydney (sigh).. I wish Genea did it, they so could but I just called a nurse there and she'd never even heard of it… so they don't! YET! I'm sure they will in up to 5 years time...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that info preciousheart. I am soooo glad I found this forum. I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing otherwise! Gee that is really going to add up if I need to head to Sydney everytime. I'm determined to find someone here who will do them. We've spent enough already on ivf that we could retire on what I've handed over to my fs!!! It's bizarre that at one place it cost nothing and another is $650+. Like you said, five years down the track and it will be all so different hopefully. Immune testing should be stock standard at the beginning of a couples ivf journey!!

Little Ted I also got little lumps with clexane. They just went away after a while. It can be hard to find a spare spot to jab some days!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you! I'm trying not to annoy our GP unnecessarily! One of my kids saw my bruise and was a bit worried - I tried to tell him it was just like one of his bruises, just a little darker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the bruising can get quite ugly that's for sure!

Well I emailed G instead of calling today so fingers crossed I get a reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes those little lumps can be quite common Little Ted. I always ice (have tried a couple of times without and it HURTS) but it seemed to take my body about 2 to 3 weeks to get used to it. I had some pretty horrific bruises to begin with in that time, now I just get little ones, tiny red dots or nothing at all

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

soclose  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a reply from emailing Dr M today and it comes from Deb who is very efficient, I spoke to her a few times when G was on leave, she is only admin though but you should get a quick reply!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

soclose  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I emailed too and got a reply for my phone appointment to get my blood test results! Very happy about that. The 16th of November it is! Can't wait to see what they are. Bit nervous about what he will find but happy to finally be moving in the right direction after years of doing the same thing over and over.