Closed Thread
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Preciousheart. I'm on low dose asprin as well and started clexane yesterday, so the blood clotting issue shouldn't be a problem - but thank you for mentioning it. I'm off to the chemist first thing this morning so will get mag&potassium into me ASAP . Gosh it's sore though. I'm just so glad you posted your experience, or I would have been none the wiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi sootymay, yes magnesium is the best... hope your leg settles down, I guess you'll check it's nothing to do with blood clotting (not that I know ANYTHING about that except a friend of mine thought she'd sprained her calf jogging once and it turned out to be a huge clot from taking the Diane contraceptive pill, was awfully dangerous) just thinking with you going on a flight to make sure you're ok, not sure how you do that, unless you've had pain before and know your own body etc?...

I just looked it up a bit and see that leg pain, cramps is a symptom of dex and that they mention potassium loss too... I know mg deficiency does cause leg cramps etc, I used to get them, probably restless leg syndrome, kept me up at night - the mg in those supps (I take inNatal too) is not enough - if you research you'll see that women should be getting 400-800mg per day, there's no way I eat that much spinach or even chocolate ha ha... PLUS calcium and mg are "married" to each other as my acupuncturist says so they should be taken together in a way to avoid imbalances - again look it all up for yourselves to make your own decisions, I have so much information in my head from years of googling, swallowing pills and potions, naturopaths and acupuncturists that I can't remember it all!!! Steroids cause imbalances of minerals it seems so look after yourselves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Sootymay, glad what I said might help! I'm curious if Dr M has said for you to up to 4 x 0.5mg dex after your transfer, or are you staying on 3 x 0.5mg? Also, do you know what your CD57 biopsy result was? You may have said all this in previous posts but my mind is swimming with info at the moment from the thread... thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Preciousheart - no he didn't say anything about going to 4/day after transfer. I've just pulled out my biopsy & it was 66/m2 for CD57 + NK Cells (Dr M said should be under 5) and CD56+ (Uterine) NK Cells are at the rate of 1317/mm2 then says "This corresponds to an endometrial stromal cell density of 26. 9%. Hope that makes sense, as its straight off the report and I don't really understand it. Do you think he should be upping my dose? I know he said my NK Cells are very high and without treatment it wouldn't be worth even doing IVF - great to know after 3 years of it & 30k + later. What were your's again? Gosh, whats one more sneaky dex on the side - self administered.... ha ha ! Just kidding. I am on Humira as well, just took it (as he didn't have time to test me / see if the Dex brings down my levels before we leave for Cape Town, hence why he threw Humira in for good measure - but he did give me the choice on that, as it's very expensive ($1800 no rebates)
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    hi Sootymay, glad what I said might help! I'm curious if Dr M has said for you to up to 4 x 0.5mg dex after your transfer, or are you staying on 3 x 0.5mg? Also, do you know what your CD57 biopsy result was? You may have said all this in previous posts but my mind is swimming with info at the moment from the thread... thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sootymay - thanks so much for sharing your results - my CD57+ were 30/mm2 and CD56+ uterine I think worked out to 12.5% stromal density whatever that means… not sure re bloods as Dr M didn't give me copies. Before he prescribed the amount of dex he asked my weight and I said 64kg although I'm 62kg at the moment but with IVF drugs I bloody stack it on so quickly… so it might be to do with weight? also you are on humira etc too which I'm not… personally I'd rather stay on 3 dex per day as already it's making me crazy and the insomnia, even though I take it early - also am concerned about it being used as a treatment for CAH, so it is strong stuff… http://www.caresfoundation.org/produ...tment_cah.html

I guess when I go in for intralipids on Sunday I can ask Dr M these questions that are bothering me re dex - never enough brain power during appointments even though I make lists of things to ask!

Can't believe the costs for you with all those meds, and I'm really sorry you went through 3 years of IVF before getting immune treated - really excited for you going to SA, you will have a wonderful time and can't wait for you to have great success!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Preciousheart. OMG - reading the 2 levels - I am double what you are.. and I am laughing right now as I write this... don't worry, I'm not freaking out, we're all different. Its good to realise mine are so high and that he meant it when he said that. I also put myself on low dose aspirin, as I read in Dr Beers book that it reduces inflammation in a different way plus things the blood (which the clexane does too of course). Mmmmh maybe it is because of the Humira. So did he say to you to start taking 4 per day after transfer date? I wonder if I should just do it !??!!! Humira probably suppresses in a different way. And when he was umming and ahhing about whether I should take it (and left it up to me to decide because of the cost) he didn't mention to put me on 4 per day instead... I just want the best chance of course... and I wonder how much damage it could do? Kiwi is on 4 per day too.... oh I don't know. I cant really question him, as its impossible to get an answer quickly. Maybe I just stop thinking about it now, and just do as I'm told !!!! I'm on intralipids, the 2nd day we are there (approx. 1 week prior transfer) and then a few days after. Hey and don't worry that I've gone all screw-woo now thinking about this extra dex - and comparing notes with someone else's treatment plan !!!!! Something I rarely do. I am 65kg too !! Used to be 58 before we started on this 3 year roller-coaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I saw that kiwi is on 4 per day after transfer too and her CD57+ was 50/mm2 she said… for me Dr M said after transfer up it to 4 per day… I will ask him on Sunday and let you know why 4 per day… but we have to trust him that he is treating us each individually based on all sorts of immune issues which we won't be aware of based on the overall mix of results we get on the various tests! I would just stick to what he's told you - how long have you been on 3 a day for now out of curiosity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be fantastic if you could ask and post. I will have to remember to have a look next week from Sunny Cape Town to see what he said. (I tend to stay off the computer when I am on holidays... as I like to fully immerse myself in my holiday - but this time, I will have a sneak look, as it is important) Long as I don't overdose myself if I pop another one in there !! Hee hee... maybe you could mention you know someone that is on Humira too and if there is any reason why "that person" is on 3 per day. He may say it doesn't make a big difference... or if he says its a health issue to not do both at that level - then I wont. I would have been on the dex 4 weeks prior to transfer and went onto 3 straight away. (so approx. 2 weeks so far) - and this is me now... all the time !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah ha ha I've only been on it for 3 days and I am like
    it's NUTS! Just be careful to wean per Dr M's protocol as I've read that it is super important to wean SLOWLY and properly to protect your adrenal glands… will see what kind of conversation I can have with him - I'm not responding super quick to the FSH yet so there's a chance my intralipid could get postponed to the 17th but I'll know on Friday! Enjoy Africa! I was born in Zimbabwe and grew up there, visited South Africa many times - gorgeous but watch your back, it's dangerous too! Just enjoy, what an amazing adventure! BTW I totally agree with what you said a while ago re G, I am so used to my brilliant IVF dealings that Dr M's rooms freak me out, I don't think I even saw a computer, let alone a filing system… but it's great he is there and doing these protocols for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone.... unfortunately my levels were too high to start this month. So the plan now is to wait until day 21, start sniffing Synarel to bring levels down, and start jabbing a week or so after that. At the moment it just seems so far away, and that I've waited long enough. The only positive is that I go back to see Dr M this week, so hopefully I can use some of his tricks/protocols at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGCBertie - oh what a shame - that is so disappointing, I totally get what you mean about waiting, waiting, and then another delay - Like you said, it will be reassuring to see Dr M at least in the meantime. ---------------------- Preciousheart, thank you for your insight and weaning off it. Loved your jumping crazy characters... oh yes... its the most crazy ride I've ever been on - its like a permanent state of something so weird. The days seem to go on forever & the mood swings the first week were a bit scary - and it was just me, the dog, & 2 cats - lucky them as DH was away. Thankfully that has now settled, and still on the high, off and on. One BHubber said it took her a month to settle - so heres counting - 2 more weeks to go ! ------------ Thank you for the warning about watching our backs... that's one thing I am a little apprehensive about, but trying not to over react and others have said the media makes it out worse than it is, and Cape Town is quite different to say JBurg. Having said that, we are going to settle in for the first week before we think about car hire and if we would be comfortable. I've got a driver organised, a recommendation from one of the other ladies, very reliable and the clinic recommended him too... so that is reassuring and he sounds like a lovely man. Dr M's rooms - I've always wondered what they would be like... deary me, so they are quite "old school" - I have gratefully forgotten about the past experience with G, but am sure I will have to go through it again "when" I come back pregnant and need all the monitoring . Nite
    Last edited by sootymay; 04-11-2013 at 21:16.