Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Sootmay - I only get the cranky side affects &
    insomnia not the full on energy...wish I did it would help at work

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews
    The crankiness is awful isn't it. Gosh, its uncontrollable. Lucky its only the dog and 2 cats at home with me at the moment. DH comes back tomorrow... I told him he should stay away until we leave on Tuesday !! - But I must admit the endless energy is pretty cool. I'm usually pretty energetic anyway, but this is off the scales !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi77 View Post
    Lol Sootmay - I only get the cranky side affects &
    insomnia not the full on energy...wish I did it would help at work

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural killer cell biopsy results, Sacks V Matthias

I know there's a couple more ladies here who have seen both Sacks and Matthias and I am curious about their killer cells results.
    Dr M results said raised killer cells and high ANAs and I got Dr S results today and I knew it was bad when he told me my results were very interesting apparently one of the highest he has seen.
    So my question is any of you have conflicting results from these two? My biopsies were done one cycle apart and both on week 3 so the timing isn't the difference.

One thing Dr M and Dr S did agree on was that my triploid loss was random and both are happy for me to try again once (fingers crossed) my a HCG reaches zero within 8 weeks. Also learned today that neither the PGD testing or most of the blood prenatal testing (materT21 etc) are capable of detecting a triploid pregnancy as they only measure ratios of chromosomes, anyway there's my random piece of info for the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - I'm new! I've been reading this thread for the last 2 months over which time I've found out I have high NK cells and have recently seen Dr Matthias whilst doing IVF elsewhere in Sydney.

I've loved reading the thread and have learned so much and my heart goes out to all who are struggling with fertility issues and have had losses, it's such a long hard journey, you are all great warriors.

I wanted to say that I too have found G at Dr M's to be problematic and have had to get stroppy to get what I needed in time for IVF, luckily I had a headsup from you girls… very frustrating, especially when you are used to the slick operation of brilliant IVF clinics.

Dr M has prescribed Dex for NK cell count in the uterus of 30/mm2 until 9 weeks PG (if and when that happens!) and was curious what the NK cell count of others on Dex is? I read about Dex crossing the placenta 50% as opposed to 12% for prednisolone and am concerned cause Dr M never mentioned anything to do with side effects regarding the fetus and there are hardly any studies on this – has anyone had this conversation with him? Anyone on prednisolone for NK uterus count around 30/mm2? I'm supposed to start the Dex today with my IVF cycle but too chicken to take it yet, confused!

Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello preciousheart and welcome, I am also interested in the replies about the Dex or prednisolone for NK levels. I posted above u because I have had two biopsies one from Dr Sacks who reckons my levels are through the roof (one of the highest he's come across) and one from Dr M who said my levels were raised but never mentioned incredibly high. dr M only prescribed the prednisolone 30mg for me so I too am curious about the criteria? I have been able to get pregnant naturally since my daughter but have had 7 miscarriages so maybe that influences Dr M choice of drugs. There's a little bit about the level of immune problems and whether you bfn from no implantation vs repeated miscarriages in that book "is your body baby friendly". So yes looking forward to finding out why Dr M put you on Dex or prednisolone and did he say why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nidhulaine, I was so sorry to read of your loss, I hope you are ok! I had that book before I had my baby and thought oh I don't need it and hocked it on ebay! 2 years later… anyhoo, Dr M wants me on dex due to NK uterine cells being 30/mm2 but I am scared of it and don't feel able to discuss with him without an appointment which is always impossible to get. I told my IVF clinic this afternoon about it and will get their opinion on Monday but in the meantime I need to start on something!!! Trying to find out if you can switch from dex to prednisolone or if you have to do weaning things etc… oh it's difficult with Genea maybe not agreeing with Dr M… I'm curious to know if anyone is on prednisolone with high NK cells or if the dex is essential… Did either Dr S or M tell you your uterine NK levels? I got the result sent to me from my IVF doctor's rooms, I like to know as much as I can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone,

PreciousHeart- welcome to our thread! Glad you've found it helpful and nice to have you join in . If Dr M says you need to be on dex, then I'd be following his instructions. Those of us who've had success on his treatment plans all vouch for how great he is and that he knows what is best depending on your specific circumstances. Kiwi and LiteFantastic were both taking dex when they got their BFPs and remained on it several weeks into their pregnancies. My case was different, I took dex for 3 weeks only then switched to pred before my IVF cycle began. There was no weaning in between, simply changed from 2 x 0.5mg Dex per day to 25mg Prednisolone per day.

Nidhulaine- sorry I can't help with your question, I wasn't with Dr S. I do believe that there is a difference in the units of measure for the NK cells depending which lab tests the sample. Dr M looked at the results from the biospy I had done with Genea and said it was expressed differently to the results he gets with his own biopsies. Maybe this has something to do with the conflicting results and their interpretations?

Sooty- enjoy the energy bursts while they last! They'll disappear after you get your BFP

Stillhope- great to hear the mood swings have settled down. I'm jealous of your energy levels, I actually miss that particular side effect!

Kiwi- such fantastic news that you are pregnant!! Can't wait for news of your 7wk scan!

Little Ted- You've probably had your BT by now, but if you're still worried- I've had numerous BTs while on clexane and they were all fine, the injection site did not bleed any longer than usual.

Hi to Bella, Scruffy, Timetoshine, Lite, Nattie and everyone else

AFM- Made it safely to 12wks and had the NT scan on Wed. All is well with bubba, yay! I saw Dr M on Tues and I'm allowed to start weaning pred and pessaries from 13w. Stuck with clexane for a while longer, bugger! Going in for intralipids this Sun 3/11. I'm so grateful to Dr M for our miracle bub, I would never have gotten this far without him.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Nidhulaine  (01-11-2013),PreciousHeart  (01-11-2013),sootymay  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preciousheart, I think my result with Dr Sacks was 18 but as Simpson desert pointed out it may be a different scale or even a completely different sort of test. I wish I had bothered to write it down or even write down Dr M result ( as that time I had just found out I was accidentally pregnant and was distracted). I might call Gynweth on Monday and ask and if I get some info I will post. Yes I believe it is possible that we might be over medicated with Dr M but after losing so many I would rather risk being over medicated than losing another one. Also lots of us have tried less medicated protocols ie Bondi protocol etc and it just wasn't enough.

Simpsondesert - your a wealth of information and I find this forum extremely useful. Thanks for your reply.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpsondesert thanks so much for your advice, I have been reading the NK cells first thread for HOURS now and learned heaps.

Nidhulaine I completely understand throwing everything at each attempt and it is so great we are able to share information and educate ourselves! I just read about the several Bondi Protocols not working with higher and higher prednisolone on the other thread, so tough... I am now thinking to start on dex tomorrow, thanks for your advice too! re your biopsy results, I'm sure Dr Sack's rooms can email you a scanned copy? I got mine sent from my doc's rooms, it was processed by douglas hanly moir and the doctor who counts the CD57 nk cells with a microscope is Peter someone, I;ll have to find it for you... he reports by cells per mm squared, very interesting.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've only seen dr m but I agree with Simpson, I trust his protocol completely! Will be 24 weeks on Monday 😆 after a horrible year of mcs last year. I will double check my biopsy results but from memory they were a different scale, something about high power fields? Will get back to you later today xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (02-11-2013)