Closed Thread
Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sootmay, I usually take 3 in the morn then one in the arvo with lunch to kill the insomnia...been a bit arghh as well but not too bad

Kiwi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sooty, I'm on Pred not dex but it has the same sort of side effects. I can't take my last dose any later than 2 pm or I can't sleep. I was told to split my dose into 2 per day so I took some with bfast and some with lunch. So much better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sootymay :-) welcome to dexamethasone :-) I can hear you; what a feeling, isn't it! Very crazy. But I must say it settled after a while. I'm on one mg a day and I had the same crazy side effects. My crazy grumpiness settled after about a month. so there is hope that you aren't divorced before you go. Good luck and keep on swallowing them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi, Timetoshine, Stillhope - Hallelujah you've experienced the same. Isn't' it funny, just knowing that, and knowing that your taking it for the same reasons, makes me feel better - like I'm not alone, thank you. But by golly, today I've been 4 seasons (moods) in the space of 10 minutes. I read that keeping moving takes the edge off. I've got loads to do anyways, was awake at 3, up at 6.30am, drove an hour into Melbourne to pick up the Humira, back home, walked the dog, have washed all the windows inside and out, vacuumed, weeded 2 gardens, hosed down the path, did a load of washing, cooking Pea & Ham soup for our house sitter and feeling decidedly buggered, but still on edge, and it's only 4.45pm. Loving it... mmh, loving the energy, but not the snappy tom that's come with it - Stillhope, I'm glad to hear it may settle after a month, 3 more weeks to go Hopefully the excitement of the airport & a holiday & of course our big event coming up, will take care of the excess hyperness. From what you've all said, it must be ok to take it earlier, especially if you Kiwi are taking 3 in the morning - golly gosh, what is your day like?! I'm going to start taking it earlier now. Been awake early doesn't bother me so much, other than lack of sleep can't be good, its the "high/low" mood swings that aren't pleasant. As Stillhope said, hopefully it will settle down soon. Thanks girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, it settled for me after about a month!! :-)
    but I have to laugh about your energy!! I'm the same!! Yesterday I did things I used to to in a week!! The energy level is crazy! Up at 5.50 usually and at 11.30 still right awake :-) I love that so many things get done, at least the 4 season moods are gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillhope - its crazy alright isn't it? I just want the "edginess" to wear off / and the mood swinging. DH rang from overseas tonight, I suggested it could be a month... think he's glad he's away, as am I... it's hard enough been around myself right now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a question...again!

I'm on clexane(40mg) and need to go and get a blood test done - do I need to stop taking it before I get one done or is it fine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Little Ted it's fine just let the person know you're on clexane so they're aware

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's fine, when they get you to hold the cotton ball on there, just press on it really firmly and that should get it to stop

12. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you so much ladies. I'll go and get it done this afternoon then