Closed Thread
Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick one to pop in and say a huuuuge congrats to scruffy on your long awaited baby blue miracle Oliver!!! Congrats Hun and wish you all the very best 🎉🎉😃😃👍👍👣👣🎊🎊👶👶

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Timetoshine

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Hi ladies, just to update with results from my tests regarding the high level of antinuclear antibodies. It turns out I have a Prothrombin Gene Mutation (factor II). I have a 3 x higher than average risk of developing a blood clot, so will need to stay on the aspirin and the Clexane injections until 36 weeks (then for a few weeks after if I end up having a c-section).

My OB isn't sure if the prednisolone had any effect on assisting the embryo to implant and grow without interruption, but I'm glad I had it as a precaution anyway.
    Hi Arlais,

So good you found this information out now as it will be something to manage throughout your pregnancy and, unfortunately, life

As a fellow 'clotter' I would recommend finding a haemotologist as you will likely need Clexane for long haul flights too. Others in your family should also get tested especially if you have sisters who are planning pregnancy, and your folks as you will have inherited it and they could be at risk of clots too.

Sorry, don't mean to freak you out but want to share a lot of what me and my family have been through (we have Prothrombin in our family, but I don't have it, just two other clotting disorders!)

My haemotologist has recommended I stay on Clexane until 4 weeks after birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteFantastic View Post
    Hi Arlais,

So good you found this information out now as it will be something to manage throughout your pregnancy and, unfortunately, life

As a fellow 'clotter' I would recommend finding a haemotologist as you will likely need Clexane for long haul flights too. Others in your family should also get tested especially if you have sisters who are planning pregnancy, and your folks as you will have inherited it and they could be at risk of clots too.

Sorry, don't mean to freak you out but want to share a lot of what me and my family have been through (we have Prothrombin in our family, but I don't have it, just two other clotting disorders!)

My haemotologist has recommended I stay on Clexane until 4 weeks after birth
    Thanks LiteFantastic

I told my parents and my sister as soon as I started reading up on it and found out that it's an inherited condition. I think my sister may have been lucky and not inherited it as she has had 4 very healthy pregnancies & babies with no known miscarriages, and she's never had issues falling pregnant.

I remember waking up in Germany one morning (a couple of weeks after I flew in from Perth) with an excruciating pain in my leg. It subsided after about 15 minutes and I didn't see anyone about it, but it's got me wondering now if I potentially had a clot at the time...

I'll definitely look into getting referred to a haemotologist for the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    MCG Bertie the scratch is generally done before ovulation, it is only later in the cycle they do if testing for killer cells and for me I am odd, I tend to get pregnant if it is done later but most of the literature recommends just before I ululating because embryos are not supposed to like implanting near fresh blood either, now that's what my last FS told me (I did leave him though).

i also did a one pgd cycle in May to look at my eggs etc and I have low amh and am 37, I ended up with 6 on day 5, 3 compacting morula and 3 blastocysts, 3 normal and 3 abnormal, got told that ment that my eggs weren't great and more like I was 40+ but after checking it out, I am not so sure. I do not have much experience of ivf as that was our only cycle to date but so I would also be interested in anyone's else's results on abnormal/normal as I don't know whether to try conceive naturally or maybe go back and do another cycle. My issue is time, a low amh and also at the moment I feel pretty traumatised from the tripolody pregnancy and I know pgd could possibly elevate some stress and save some time. Thanks
    Hi Nidhulaine we also did PGD.... we had 4/5 abnormal! I am only 29 but I have AMH of 11 so slightly on the low side... We were devastated and said that maybe we would not try IVF again as 4/5 is pretty small odds when you think about it!!! At least we saved money and time and stress etc of 4 failed cycles....

It is funny also as the normal one was not an A grade and would not normally have been used!! Makes you so frustrated as to how many they disgard as they don't look good. Mind u I did not get pregnant so maybe that has some merit..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow scruffy absolutely fantastic news!!!!

Congratulations on becoming a mummy !!!!

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid * BFP due Nov 2013 *

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy Sydney For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an apt with Dr Logitas today and I really liked him. I believe he is the only doctor or 1 of few, that does intralipids in Melbourne? (heard that on this forum) which is the main reason I went to him, to get on his books, should I require it when I come back from SA. (Thinking BFP's here ! )

He was very down to earth and acknowledged not many FS's treat NKC and the controversy surrounding it. He agreed with Dr Matthias that I have high NKC's and would treat the same, but probably wouldn't go as far as prescribing Humira, mainly due to his success rates with steroids, intralipids, clexane and the fact it cost so much. (I have decided to take it anyway & asked him about risk at the lower dose of 2 x 20mg, he said it's fine). Intralipids, he treats: 1 week prior to transfer, on BFP result, 6 weeks & 13 weeks).

I will be following Dr M's advice and I think Dr L is happy to follow (not that I asked the question outright). Hope that helps anyone thinking of seeing a NKC like minded FS in Melbourne

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well and happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Sorry for being MIA. Have been on holidays in Thailand soaking up the sunshine and lazing by the beach

Scruffy- I am soooo ecstatic that your DS is here safe and sound and you are finally a Mummy! Huge congrats to you and your DH, I hope you're recovering well and adjusting to parenthood easily.

Meags- really sorry to read of your BFN . PGD is a great option to explore if you get 3 or more embies per stim cycle. We did 2 rounds with PGD and got 7 embryos to test altogether. We had 4 confirmed normal, 2 gave no result and 1 was abnormal. Very well worth it for us. I'm a huge believer in the endo scratch too. My BFP cycle was immediately following a scratch . Being pregnant with a PGD tested embryo has really helped me through the early stages. After getting over the anxiety waiting for a heartbeat, I've been very relaxed leading up to the 12 wk scan.

Appy- welcome to the thread! If you're only planning one more cycle, I'd let Dr M run all his tests and prescribe your immune meds, and let your FS just handle the IVF side of things. How have things turned out with the 'inconclusive' result?

Sootymay- great to hear there's a new lady helping Dr M and G, but sorry you received some emails that you felt were unprofessional. As Timetoshine mentioned, Helenmac used the Humira, so I'd refer to her posts about it. The price of it nearly made me fall off my chair!! You seem to be moving heaven & earth for this next cycle with the SA trip, donor eggs, immune protocol, etc... in your shoes I'd be inclined to throw in everything as you have decided. I'd hate to stop short, get a BFN and then wonder 'what if'. Fabulous news that you had a great appointment with Dr L and that he agrees with Dr M's plans for you! Definitely keep thinking those positive BFP thoughts

Abundance- Hi and welcome! I thought I had done the hard yards with nearly 9yrs TTC and 3yrs of IVF... but you my dear are a true warrior woman for enduring so much. After all you've been through, I would want the most aggressive treatment available. I echo what the other ladies have said- trust Dr M to develop your treatment protocol . Other FS' are not in the same league as him when it comes to immune issues, with many outrightly opposed to his methods. Dr Sacks is a 'believer' but from the info I've read here on BH and from friends who've cycled with him, he seems to trot out the generic "Bondi Protocol" for everyone. Whereas Dr M will tailor-make a protocol just for you. It may seem like he is making it up as he goes along, but he really nails it! My FS tried the Bondi Protocol twice with me and it did nothing. First cycle with Dr Ms treatment and bam, BFP! I'm sure you will have success under Dr M's guidance. To do a signature block, go to 'User Panel' (link at top of web page), then from the left hand menu click 'Edit Signature'.

MGC- Hope you had fun reading the Dr Beer book. My clinic does the endo scratch at 7-12dpo in the cycle previous to the transfer cycle. Once you've started building the lining for the fresh ET or FET, they don't disturb it. Studies show the scratch is efficacious for 2 subsequent cycles.

Nidhulaine- Good to hear you are resuming normal life again. Enjoy doing those things you won't be able to do when you're pregnant!

Arlais- Hi and nice to see you here . Glad you've got to the bottom of your high ANAs, but sucks that you have to stay on clexane til 36wks.

Romy- woo-hoo its nearly time for your little boy to greet the world! Enjoy the last few weeks being just you & DH.

Hi to Stillhope, Bella, Crofty, Lite and everyone else

AFM- I'm going great. 10w4d today and my only complaints are weight gain, constipation and gas haha. My belly is very obvious now! We had buffet breakfast included in our room package in Thailand and some days I was having 4 plates worth . I'm seeing Dr M again on 29/10 and have my NT scan the following day. Very excited to see bubs again soon!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (20-10-2013),Meagsbergs  (18-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (20-10-2013),Scruffy  (02-11-2013),sootymay  (17-10-2013)