Closed Thread
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats scruffy! So happy for you and dh to finally have your miracle. Enjoy every moment and cuddle you can xx

Abundance, sorry you find yourself here and in the dilemma many of us have faced with docs advising against dr m. His methods are not widely accepted and do vary from person to person but I think that's why his success rate is so much better with us immune girls. It's not a one fits all solution cause we all have different issues and different levels of nk cells etc. if you read back through the first thread on nk cells started by Helenmac you will see most of us have shared our story quite thoroughly as well as our treatment details with dr m. I am 21 weeks today after 3 mcs last year and fully credit dr m with this. I think you will find if you ask other fs or dr s their opinion they will say you don't need it - that's what I was told. Just keep trying, it's just bad luck and you will get there eventually. No cares from other docs on the emotional cost that will put on me and dh best wishes with your decision but if it was me I would be pursuing the dr m thing further before spending the money on another sa trip and having the same problem. As he said to me, it's not just the embryo/egg that needs to be good quality, the "soil" ( uterus) also needs to be right. Best of luck xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scruffy congrats! Enjoy every moment.

Abundance I'm sorry to hear the journey you've endured so far. I'd follow dr m's advice on waiting and more testing. I have complete confidence in him. Without him I wouldn't have my DD.

Any new ladies wanting to join the fb group just let me know

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (15-10-2013),Scruffy  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Scruffy wonderful, wonderful news. Hope your looking after yourself and getting plenty of sleep, I always thought that was the hardest part with a newborn.

hi Abundance, I just wanted to say a chemical pregnancy is a really strong indicator of an implantation problem. I have one daughter and since then 7 losses in the last 2 years and I was pushed towards CGH (genetically tested on day 3 and transfer blastocyst on day 5) and I had a chemicals my body was actually losing them earlier and earlier. So although you are questioning egg quality extra and I imagine u have also tried your own eggs too please remember that lost of women never even have 1 miscarriage and it cannot simply be bad luck why we have had so many.for me I only get pregnant if my uterus is scratch AFTER ovulation at implantation and I still need all the immune suppressant drugs because frankly even if I do not believe I need everything, I am not willing to risk it anymore. No dr even Dr M has been able to fully explain to me why successful implantation only occurs for me after scratching around implantation but my 3 year old girl conceived in a laprascopy cycle sleeping upstairs has convinced me. It is a long difficult road to find out what will work for you but you have already done a lot of investigation and I tend to think Dr M is making sense, you are getting almost pregnant and there is just something more to complete the picture, if it were me I would get further testing. I have just lost a triploid baby at almost 12 weeks conceived after a laprascopy and done the intralipids and other drugs, my pregnancy before was a CGH chemical in May and an early miss at 6 weeks in Jan (losses getting earlier) but the point being the tripoldy fetus was always going to miscarry and for the first time I carried so much further on the drugs and the fetus still been had a good heartbeat at 11 weeks, the drugs define truly work but u need to find out exactly what u need as we all have different problems. Good luck on your journey and even though it doesn't feel like it, it sounds like you are getting really close.

No updates from me in general, I am 2 weeks post D&C and trying to rejoin and function in the land of normal people. Can't remember which one of u guys told me to take some time and then do everything I couldn't do if I was pregnant but now I am really trying to embrace that idea. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Congratulations Scruffy wonderful, wonderful news. Hope your looking after yourself and getting plenty of sleep, I always thought that was the hardest part with a newborn.

hi Abundance, I just wanted to say a chemical pregnancy is a really strong indicator of an implantation problem. I have one daughter and since then 7 losses in the last 2 years and I was pushed towards CGH (genetically tested on day 3 and transfer blastocyst on day 5) and I had a chemicals my body was actually losing them earlier and earlier. So although you are questioning egg quality extra and I imagine u have also tried your own eggs too please remember that lost of women never even have 1 miscarriage and it cannot simply be bad luck why we have had so many.for me I only get pregnant if my uterus is scratch AFTER ovulation at implantation and I still need all the immune suppressant drugs because frankly even if I do not believe I need everything, I am not willing to risk it anymore. No dr even Dr M has been able to fully explain to me why successful implantation only occurs for me after scratching around implantation but my 3 year old girl conceived in a laprascopy cycle sleeping upstairs has convinced me. It is a long difficult road to find out what will work for you but you have already done a lot of investigation and I tend to think Dr M is making sense, you are getting almost pregnant and there is just something more to complete the picture, if it were me I would get further testing. I have just lost a triploid baby at almost 12 weeks conceived after a laprascopy and done the intralipids and other drugs, my pregnancy before was a CGH chemical in May and an early miss at 6 weeks in Jan (losses getting earlier) but the point being the tripoldy fetus was always going to miscarry and for the first time I carried so much further on the drugs and the fetus still been had a good heartbeat at 11 weeks, the drugs define truly work but u need to find out exactly what u need as we all have different problems. Good luck on your journey and even though it doesn't feel like it, it sounds like you are getting really close.

No updates from me in general, I am 2 weeks post D&C and trying to rejoin and function in the land of normal people. Can't remember which one of u guys told me to take some time and then do everything I couldn't do if I was pregnant but now I am really trying to embrace that idea. Hope everyone else is doing well too.
    Hi nidhulaine. I'm sorry to hear of your most recent loss, it's never easy. Hugs to you 💗
    I must say I am curious about this 'scratching of the uterus' you are talking of. Can you please explain that to me? Sorry to be a bit vague but the only thing I have ever had is a lap & d & c but then my FS makes me wait a month before I can cycle again. I have only had 1 chemical pregnancy and 8 bfn but am finding out so much more after joining this forum. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagsbergs For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meagsberg, an endometrial scratch or biopsy is often done early in the cycle prior to ovulation to help with implantation, it is used a lot with ivf patients and I have had it done on iui and an ivf cycle, however for me the effect of the scratch appears to wearing off by the time I get implantation. Many Drs know it creates a nice site for a embryo to implant but not why? have a look on google.

My own history is even more peculiar and that's why I mention everyone has their own particular issues and needs a specific customised treatment plan. I posted it earlier but I have a 3 year old who was conceived in the same cycle as a lap, lap was on about day 16 and the work they did on my uterus, removing endo etc must have created a nice implantation site because I never got a period after the lap. Before this, I had never gotten pregnant despite have good 28 cycles and a husband with a count of 180 million! I was not on immune drugs to carry my daughter no (4.3kg ) but without a doubt I already knew there was some issue with implantation. My daughter turns 1 we start trying and nothing, have another lap and get pregnant same cycle but loose it at 6 weeks, nothing happens so we do an iui 3 months later with the endometrial scratch and get a chemical, 2nd iui with a scratch later in cycle ( I pushed and argued for it) and I get pregnant and lose at 6 weeks. I have a D&C (which also scratches uterus) and never get a oeriod, I am pregnant again. Lose this one and allowed natural miscarriage as did not want to get pregnant again till reoccurring miscarriage tests which only ever threw up MTHFR homo so clexene recommended.
    anyway there were more miscarriages as the clexene was obviously not enough and I have found myself between Dr Sacks and Dr M.

sorry for the long story but anyone who has chemical pregnancies needs to focus on implantation problems as u can see from my history no pregnancies for 8 years and then every time I have a D&C, laprascopy or endometrial biopsy I can conceive in the same cycle. dr M has also told me if the embryo does not implant properly it's like the roots aren't deep enough and it will wither and die.

this is a great site for information and many of the women here have been through so much and our experiences can really help each other. We also have a source of hope as many women have had similar problems and now look at how many are pregnant or even having their babies like Scruffy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh should have mention the actually scratch is like a Pap smear and although uncomfortable it's over quick

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine thank you so much for that information, I will take it to my FS and see if I can get him to do it for me next cycle xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nidhulaine, your story is so similar to mine. I've had 7 transfers for one miscarriage and three chemicals. All implants were after a scratch or d&c. I have been on prednisolone and clexane the last couple of cycles but still no success. I need to make another appointment with dr m. I have been diagnosed with factor v Leiden and mthfr and a hyperactive immune system. Any suggestions of what else I can be tested for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nidhulaine, thank you for all that information. I tend to agree with you that there is an implantation issue going on. I was told I have mild Adenomyosis which can affect implantation. I do have an appointment with Dr M but I wish it was sooner as I don't want to wait months for the tests. I have also emailed all my questions to the SA FS and my Sydney FS to see what their thoughts are on my history. They do agree that my history is rather unusual but they can't conclusively see that there is an immune problem and don't see the point in taking meds as a precaution. However I am starting to think "what have I got to lose?" Can I ask the uterine scratch, was that done under general anaesthetic by Dr M or could I have this done by my GP or FS? As if I could at least get this result before seeing him perhaps it would speed things up a little. I have MTHFR and underactive thyroid, SLE but no clotting factor or rhuematoid factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Appy your right our stories are very similar and hopefully we both get there soon. I tried the clexene and the prednisolone for my one ivf (CGH) cycle but it wasn't enough either, I am convinced my problem is implantation.

Abundance and Megasbergs, the scratch can be done just like a pap test, they clamp u open and put a small tube thru ur cervix and literally a slight scratch in the uterus, I would compare it to an iui so not a fab procedure but most of us have had far worse. They can either send the sample for testing which is what they do for a natural killer cells test or just leave it as a scratch. Both Sacks and Matthias do their killer cell biopsy on day 22 but the guy I was with before told me he had tested me for killer cells but did the biopsy on day 7 or so, which is no good as the level of natural killer cells is most important after ovulation as it impacts on implantation.

I can only ever speak from my own personal experience but even after having reoccurring miscarriage testing done, karotyoing and D&C testing done I discovered for the first time with Dr M, that I had high ANAs which would have come up in the reoccurring miscarriage tests but my previous fertility expert didn't pick it up. Also I was told my karotyoing had been done and 8 months later they told me it was actually my miscarriage that had been done and I had to redo it. All I am saying is the focus on many Drs is just getting u pregnant where Drs like Sacks and Matthias are more problem solvers and also you need to be your own advocate and stand your corner and tell them what you want and why. When I went yo see Matthias for my first visit I wanted to speed things up and told him just to do the natural killer cells biopsy and a laparoscopy straight up and he did and my scratch was then on day 22 and I ovulated late and I was pregnant again and as I said I got to almost 12 with intralipids, clexene, prednisolone and progesterone. My plan is to hope and pray my Hcg drops normally and I don't have complications from my partial molar pregnancy and then try again with the above protocol but try and get a scratch done after ovulation but I haven't spoke to Dr M yet so I don't know if there are any flaws in my plan. God I am writing novels today, ha, ha! I have also painted 3 rooms in my house since my miscarriage 2 weeks ago as it makes me feel like I am achieving something and makes me a little less snappy at work.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (15-10-2013),Meagsbergs  (15-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (15-10-2013),sootymay  (15-10-2013)