Hi Ladies, I'm a patient of DR M and have just found out that my second trip to SA for donor eggs has resulted in a biochemical pregnancy. I am devastated and can't understand why this is happening to me. I'm feeling really sorry for myself today so thought I would vent to you ladies. I had another blood test this morning so they can confirm that I will miscarry and hopefully avoid a D&C. Will find out later today. As you can imagine I'm pretty confused. My FS is telling me I just have to get back over there and try again as it's a good sign I got pregnant, yet Dr M is telling me to wait as I need more tests and stronger drugs to prevent my body rejecting the pregnancy. It is so confusing when doctors have different views. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has had a similar history to me that could offer some advice. I have been through 15 years of IVF with 6 miscarriages, 2 ectopics, 2 stilborns, 2 sets of donors with only one biochemical pregnancy. We still have 6 frozen embryos in SA but we are now questioning our donors eggs. It's so hard to know if its your body or the embryos. Our donor has donated 4 x previously and all other recipients achieved a pregnancy the first time, but of course I don't know if those pregnancies resulted in a live birth. I believe the clinics should be telling us this information as if they all ended in biochemicals you would question the quality of her eggs. Anyway I'm ranting now. I'm just hoping there is someone out there who can offer me some hope. I'm questioning it all at the moment as I don't know what we should do next. So if you have had a biochemical and a history similar to mine and have gone on to have a baby, I'd love to hear from you. I really need some help.
I am also having some questions about DR M's protocol. My FS is not a believer of his protocol as there is no scientific evidence to support it and my blood test results don't indicate I require this treatment. But I achieved this biochemical on my first cycle with DR M. I have also noticed in reading through posts that everyone seems to have a different protocol, which sometimes feels like he makes it up as he goes along. I have also found that DR M doesn't really substantiate his findings to qualify why you need the medication. I"m fairly well educated on this topic yet his explanations are very vague to me and don't stack up sometimes. I'm just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences or concerns. I also think the cash payments and the charge for phone consults and blood results is really unusual for a specialist. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post anything here. We have decided to get a second opinion from Dr Sacks who was our FS, so I can go into the next cycle armed with all the information we need to make the right decision for us. Hopefully he can shed some light.
I apologise for the long post but I'm hoping there is someone out there that has had similar experiences that can assist me with what to do next. Thanks for listening ladies.