Closed Thread
Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,
    I have been doing a little bit of lurking on here so thought I would introduce myself.
    My husband and I have been going down the IVF road for the past 18 months due to him having a vasectomy about 15 years ago.
    We apparently were the 'easy couple' - well unfortunately I am still on this journey.
    Along the way we have had 3 BFN, 1 miscarriage, 2 low HCG results and now an inconclusive.
    I have been diagnosed with Factor 5 Leidens (heterozygous), MTHFR (heterozygous), speckled ANA, positive but low NKC, and following my phone consults and bloods with Dr M, an overactive immune system - so not exactly sure if that means I have NKC or not?? I am a little confused as he never used that term??
    I am now trying to work out my best course of action.

For a long time I have thought I have had some hormonal imbalance so I am going to follow that through, as well as possibly see a hematologist and/or endocrinologist, get as healthy as I can (as I munch on chocolate) and cycle again in February.
    My FS is thinking he will do full bondi protocol next cycle with intralipids, prednisolone etc
    This will be our last time I think - just a little over being the barren old bag though!
    Any thoughts, suggestions or otherwise would be welcome.

BTW - I hear your frustration with Gwynneth, although I must admit, she took my number on Friday to call me back, and did so about 7pm that night. Although I have had some hits and misses with her, they sound like they are extremely busy with all their patients

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Appy, and welcome. I hope you get your sticky bfp with Dr M

I always assumed that an over active immune system was the result if elevated NK cells. That was my issue.

All the best with your treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Appy - Welcome. I'm so glad you are with Dr M and really hope it works for you this time. You couldn't be in better hands from what I have read on here.
    Last edited by sootymay; 16-10-2013 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I've been reading through the thread - boy you're all so well researched!!

I was lucky enough to be tested for antinuclear antibodies during an assessment cycle before embarking on our first round of IVF. Turns out I have quite high levels at 1:1280 speckled pattern (?). I'm not sure what this is indicative of as I've always had a pretty normal level of sickness - I generally get 2-4 colds a year, sometimes turning into chest infections, etc, so my immune system isn't overly hostile.

I was put on prednisolone and megafol at the beginning of the IVF cycle, then aspirin after transfer and added clexane after we got a BFP. I've been weaned off the prednisolone for a couple of weeks now, but still on the others.

My OB decided to do a big blood draw and test for a whole range of immune and blood clotting disorders to pinpoint exactly what's causing the high +ANA. I got a letter from her yesterday stating that my recent test results indicated I'm slightly low in vitamin D (already on a supplement and levels have improved so no biggy), but there was no mention of any other issues or diagnosis of any disorder?

I've got an appointment with my OB in a couple of weeks, so I can ask questions then, but I'm a little confused why there's no mention either way of the reason for my high +ANA, assuming the level it is means there's a problem. Does anyone know if it's possible to test positive at such a high level without some sort of disorder present??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi appy, all the best! I hope your new protocol works for you soon

Arlais, I have the same level ana as you and have been tested for everything it could possibly indicate. Everything came up negative with regard to automimmune diseases. Dr m told me that the high level doesn't mean that there is currently an autoimmune issue, it could mean I end up with something in the future. There are also a certain percentage of the population who just have ana. Good luck with your pregnancy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone help maybe please? I'm now on the hunt for the Humira injection that Dr Matthias has prescribed. 2 x 20mg inj, 1 week prior & 1 week post transfer. Price so far $1736. Macquarie Street Pharmacy in Sydney recommended shopping around for it as it's not claimable and I may be able to find a slightly better price by phoning around. (They can't send it as it's a refrigerated item). If anyone has had it before and got a better price than this, could you let me know.... Thx heaps - I'm in Melbourne. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi to everyone, and a big Hi to Lissyloulou. I know you've not been on here for sometime and may not see this message, but I often think of you, as you were the wonderful soul that started this valuable forum - and you're posts were delightful to read. I hope you are well and maybe we will hear from you some day soon. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you try chemist warehouse Sootymay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if you can change the needle and use it twice? This price is more expensive than what you found but I'm not sure if your price was for one or two injections?ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381425560.983860.jpgmind you the top of the photos days they will beat any price so could be worth a call x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meagsbergs - Thank you, that's so kind of you to have a look for me. No, I didn't try Chemist Warehouse, I never think to try them - I'll give them a call. The price of $2,000 that I just got, was for 2 x 20mg pens - and the $1740 was for 1 x 40mg - maybe I'll phone Slade Pharmacy back and ask if the needles can be changed?Thanks again, I really appreciate the help

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Meagsbergs  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chemist warehouse have to beat that price as advertised don't forget x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagsbergs For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (11-10-2013)