Closed Thread
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is NOT on... especially when you are already in a treatment program..... Stillhope: you must be stressing out majorly. Does anyone know if there is a way to by pass her? I honestly think we need to put a complaint in - this is beyond unprofessional, I wonder if Dr M even knows that this is going on? Hummingbird, I'll see if I can PM you the forms that I managed to get in 2 days... lucky me - I had to follow her up for those too, but obviously got lucky. I'm at a loss to put into words how unbelievable the this treatment of everyone is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine I'm so so sorry to hear your news. That is devastating. Take lots of time for yourself and do some things that you couldn't do when pregnant. I'm really sorry you are having to go through this. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately I think the issue is not just with her, as I'm met some (but not all!) incompetent people in every aspect of this IVF journey. FNs who forget to give me meds or needles, office staff who mess up payments and paperwork, FSs who don't have info on hand at appointments or follow-up phone calls. Because there are so limited options, we can't just change willy-nilly and go elsewhere - if your accountant or mechanic was like this, all of us would just not go back.

I went for my initial appointment with Dr M and was happy with everything he said. A few more BTs to do first :-)) He was surprised when he mentioned Allan Beer's book, and I said that I already have it. I mentioned getting lots of information and advice off Bubhub, and he said that he would have to check Bubhub out one day :-))

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (01-10-2013),sootymay  (01-10-2013),StillHope  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Simpsondesert I've had a look at that link and I'll definitely use that list at my FS appointment next week.
    Sounds like this lady at Dr Ms office is a nightmare. Really hoping my FS is on board with some of this testing so that I don't have to deal with her!
    You ladies are all very patient!! I'm hopeless with waiting

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (01-10-2013),sootymay  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - sadly I agree with everything you have just said. I have had the same, partial refunds, no care for how much it put us out and stressed us out on top of going through a cycle - driving into the middle of the city, been told Medicare could refund it immediately, having to wait weeks for thousands of dollars to come back into our account - meantime bills and credit cards groaning with overloads!!! Nurses phoning me with pregnancy results when I stipulated phoning DH as I couldn't cope with the news at work.... and so on... as you say, we are so locked into them, its not easy to change clinics.... all that bloody counselling again (for the same things over again, more Police Checks, more interviews, more down time - all this is in Victoria - I understand QLD doesn't have counselling requirements, and wait times of up to 4 weeks, to see a counsellor that's straight out of school and looking for anything to grab onto... well that was our first experience with Monash.. she got a quick stare down, as it was making light of something which had nothing to do with IVF & she wanted to turn it into a major) Time for me to shut up..................... !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Unfortunately I think the issue is not just with her, as I'm met some (but not all!) incompetent people in every aspect of this IVF journey. FNs who forget to give me meds or needles, office staff who mess up payments and paperwork, FSs who don't have info on hand at appointments or follow-up phone calls. Because there are so limited options, we can't just change willy-nilly and go elsewhere - if your accountant or mechanic was like this, all of us would just not go back.

I went for my initial appointment with Dr M and was happy with everything he said. A few more BTs to do first :-)) He was surprised when he mentioned Allan Beer's book, and I said that I already have it. I mentioned getting lots of information and advice off Bubhub, and he said that he would have to check Bubhub out one day :-))

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well well well........ you just wouldn't believe it - after that email I sent yesterday, I got my FIRST ever email response from G & guess what !!!!!?????????
    I have a ph appointment booked for late afternoon tomorrow with Dr M.

Whoo hoo..... phew wee... yipeee..... stress free..... !! (well for now anyways)

Along with that email was a request to pay $150 into their account today. I'm happy to and have done so promptly, but can I ask is that normal to pay again now for any further phone conversations with him?

Do you know what though?... this morning I rang Melb Pathology Results department to check if all my results had come in. Well they had, the last lot sent mid week... so even though G said she didn't have them all when I checked again yesterday with her & she told me she was going to call the lab to check - the lab said they should definitely have them all as they had been sent mid week last week !!! Gore blimey - be warned girls... do your own research/follow up first, then your well armed in advance!

Roll on tomorrow afternoon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh gosh, sooty. Congratulation!!! :-) at least it worked out on the end, thank god for that! She also told me she will fax my prescription to the pharmacy. I'll see when I go there tonight!! But I still need another blood test and my previous results. But I'm half way there!! :-)

thats great news that you got a consultation so fast! Let us know what he says.
    How many times did you talk to him yet? I had 2 phone consultations and paid 300 first up. She didn't ask me yet for more but I'm not booked for one yet.

good luck anyway :-) write down all the questions you want to ask him, the time is precious!!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillhope- oh I hope she does do it for you. Let me know if you get it. I had my script for blood test's emailed to me, not sure if they can do the same for scripts? At least then you know if its come in before trotting off down there. I've had the initial phone consult for $300 & one phone conversation with him. Nothing else until this one tomorrow - I'm on another thread of ladies that use Dr M and are experiencing the same issues with G & one of them just said that the $150 is required for each appointment thereafter and upfront as well.... such a shame the phone consults aren't claimable - It may be my email I sent to her stressing to her how important it was I speak to him ASAP with only 4.5 weeks to go... whatever it was, holding my mouth the right way, or something equally random - at least that part of the process is over! Stillhope, are you marking on the blood tests for a copy to go to you as well? Make sure you do, because then you can always follow up the lab yourself and will know what is coming in and when.

IF/When (!) I get pregnant and need monitoring during the pregnancy (dependant on how aggressively he wants to treat me) - does anyone know if the blood test requests and things are organised free of charge, or are they phone consults every time too? And finally............. AM I going to have to go via my mate every time for touching base on results of test's etc ??! Thanks for the tip on writing down question to ask him... I don't really know what to ask to be honest... other than what meds and levels will I be on, when will I start and will I need intralipids - and I guess whether Dr L will be happy to follow Dr M's treatment. Anything else I should be asking? Thanks again for your support - and I'm worried that we've all experienced the same thing... fingers and toes crossed things improve for us all dealing with G-G Giddy up !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to chime in, I've been lucky enough to not have many problems with G, not sure if she likes me and the jokes I make to her or what. But she has faxed scripts to the pharmacy and they have been there when she said. Maybe call the pharmacy before you go down there to check? She has sometimes taken hours or days to get back to me but overall pretty good but I have stayed on her back.

With regards to the fees, I paid 300 for my first face to face consult then 150 for the appt to go over my results.

Once I was utd, Dr m asked me to go to my gp to arrange weekly hcg tests and get them sent to dr m too. I marked all the pathology requests urgent and they were back by that afternoon each time. I called my gp and G for results, sometimes G was faster and sometimes the gp was. She would then go over the results with dr m the next couple of days and get back to me with any med changes.

At my results consult dr m said I would have intralipids every 4 weeks so I would call gwyneth to schedule them during the week they were due. That seemed to work better than waiting for her to realise I was due for them. She would take a day or so to book me in and then call to let me know if it was sat or sun.

No fees were charged for any of the med change advice etc, just the intralipid fees. When having the intralipid you also have a mini consult with dr m which is included in the price so ask any questions you have then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness!! I talked to dr m for 4 min the first time. And the next time for maybe 5. I found 300 for both phone calls pretty "a lot..."