Closed Thread
Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi scruffy! Hope you're traveling well.
    I feel for you being all the way over in Perth - I can't imagine the expense those flights add

I was down to 5mg pred by week 26(my last infusion) and he told me to cut it in half for another 5 days then stop. Haven't had any probs since. He also didn't order bloods after that last intralipid. I think his reasoning was even if something happened after that intralipid 'wore off' I'd be 30 weeks and could prob deliver safely if need be.

I often felt like he was making on the spot decisions about my treatment with no rhyme nor reason but 4 weeks away from meeting bub I guess I have no grounds for complaint!!
    Last edited by Bella978; 26-05-2013 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi scruffy and bella

Scruffy I hear u.. If only to be a normal pregnant woman but I'm so grateful it doesn't matter!!

Bella.. Yes I have booked scan for 19 weeks and likely will find out the gender...I think after the journey it will be so lovely to know ...
    It's a bit annoying with the lack of clarity on blood test results re surface markers isn't it!! You must be so happy to have finished work... What do u have planned for this week??

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid
    *BFP due Nov 2013 *

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bella, last time I had intralipid he said maybe one at 19 weeks and that should be it. I hope I don't need another at 26, but as you said I would do anything he suggested as I wouldn't be in this position without him!

Wow - four weeks to go you must be beyond excited xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, quick question - did Dr M ask you to continue bloods each week following bfp? And did your fs continue to do it for you or did you go to local gp? He has asked me to get hcg/progesterone levels each week for the foreseeable future.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not there yet but he already told me he wants weekly blood tests and regular ultrasounds. I'm gonna get my gp to organise it, not going back to my fs at this stage. I'm sure your clinic would be happy to do it though? Do they not do testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Romy- I have some lunch and coffee dates planned for the week, and lots of nanna naps while I can! I love knowing bub's gender. I feel like it has really helped me bond with her, DH does too and really it's a surprise whether you find out at 19 wks or the birth

Scruffy- I hope for your sake (and your bank acct!) that one more infusion will do the trick. Maybe speak to him about the possibility of weaning more slowly off steroids as an alternative? I was in one weekend with a lady having an infusion at 32 wks so I was happy to finish at 26. I guess all situations are different.
    Lissy- dr m had me have weekly hcg and p4 BTs until about week 10 I think. My fertility clinic did them for me but your gp or local pathology centre could also, you'd just need the pathology referral forms.

Off the immune topic, but DH and I went to a breastfeeding class run by the ABA today. Although I'd heard good things I didn't find it that helpful to be honest. I think I've learned more from reading, YouTube videos and watching my friends bf and getting their advice. That's just my opinion in case any of your prego ladies were thinking about it.
    Last edited by Bella978; 26-05-2013 at 18:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sorry if TMI , but I really need your opinions - has anyone had any really dark spotting like the darkest of brown and still got two lines? I just took a test tonight and its got a slight 2nd line - i could've peed too much on the stick as well a so this could also give a fake positive couldn't it???) not getting my hopes up too much I guess - its just really strange (and I've never seen two lines on a pee stick in my life???) could it just be the high dosage of progesterone (400mg pessaries) the clexane and prednisone??? I'm 14 days post ovulation and 11 days post 3 day transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had brown spotting at 15dpo. Did you take a pregnyl booster?! If not those 2 lines sound like the real deal!!!!!!!!! Can you post a pic of the stick?what dose of progesterone are you on? When I had spotting dr m upped me from 2x400mg/day to 3, so don't be afraid to use an extra one tonight and call Gwyneth first thing in the am for advice! I'd also be going late to work and going to gp for a bt(unless wfc will do one for you?).
    Ooh crofty this could be IT!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bella , no I didn't have pregnal this cycle, I'm already on 400mg twice daily of progesterone - I think ill test again in the morning and then maybe go for BT in my official poas day Wednesday??? WFC don't do blood tests - BUT I could possibly convince them to give me one since I'm a good paying customer - see if this pic works ????
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1369561638.252457.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg crofty!!! I think this is it! I've never heard of a fake positive from peeing on it too much?