Closed Thread
Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew to south Africa (25hrs!!) 4 days after transfer in march of this yr...
    I did lots of stretching, lots of water...
    A week or so later i found out i was pregnant... Im now 7 months++!
    Early in my TTC journey i wouldn't have done it but i now believe if its meant to be it'll be!

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid * BFP due Nov 2013 *

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opps .. 15 hr flight

Me 32 / DH 36

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the help.... you're probably right, it should be ok, long as I don't need any treatment whilst away. Nidhulaine - sorry to hear you're spotting, it must be so stressful, trying to remain calm and not panic or worry too much. We've read so many other positive stories on here of it turning out ok, but I can still imagine it would be a very difficult time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay, I'm sure you would be fine flying. They are more worried towards the end. But to make sure and a peaceful mind talk to your FS. :-)
    nidhulaine, all my fingers are crossed for you. I'm pretty sure you will be fine, but it is still very stressful until its proofen ok. Hope you stop spotting soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay - u can always organise treatment overseas- i did!!

Me 32 / DH 36

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all... good old AF decided to come a week late and decided to muck up my carefully planned long service leave holidays, so yesterday I did all my calculations, and a little unexpected, I've seen my FS this afternoon and started jabbing Gonal-F tonight!! Then Orgalutran and Leveris from Day 6. FS said that my LH levels dropped a little in the last cycle, so wants the FSH (Gonal F) and Luveris separate so he can adjust it accordingly during the next two weeks, rather than using Menopur, which apparently has the FSH and LH together in the one dose.

Still have my appointment with Dr M in a few weeks time, so will just do this cycle and totally re-evaluate with further consults and tests.

My FS would not allow my sister and I to do a "double cycle", just saying it was critical to keep them separate. What he would do is let me cycle, and straight after a BFN let her cycle, eliminating waiting a month or more to recover. In any case, we'll start the ball rolling as it will take at least two months to do all the consults with her, blood tests etc and counselling.

The FS wouldn't come to the party to quicken up the process of having to wait 3-4 months for donor sperm, so we will just put our name on the list again if this cycle doesn't work, but I've already set up appointments with Fertility First (no waiting list) so will discuss options there too.

The other interesting thing that came out of this afternoon's consult was about having more testing - I've asked before about implantation issues and he's always said no. Today he said yes to everything, particularly ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies), as he said once you've had 3 failed transfers then it's worth doing other tests. I know it's to do with money, but I'm a tad annoyed that they have to wait for 3 failed transfers before agreeing to these tests. If I'd known more about these things before, I think I would have jumped up and down and insisted well before now!! On the list there's a whole heap of tests that I was going to get the GP to do next week. Unbelievable!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy Sydney View Post
    Sootymay - u can always organise treatment overseas- i did!!

Me 32 / DH 36
    Hi Rommy - did you organise intralipids overseas? We're thinking of NZ for xmas so not sure if they would do too much of that in the smaller towns? We're travelling to South Africa early November for egg donor treatment & looking forward to a gorgeous holiday at the same time. A much more exciting way to do our next IVF attempt !! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - I would be really annoyed too. I don't think they are upfront enough from the beginning with the bigger picture - so WE can decide - it's our pockets, emotions, huge disruptions to our lives... errrrgggghhh!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Nidhulaine- what a relief that everything was OK at your last scan! I hope that the bleeding has stopped and you've started to relax.

Sandy- I'm glad you got an explanation for your bleeding, and hope the haematoma has resolved itself by now. 2 weeks spot free is awesome, I hope it has stayed that way!

Scruffy- I'm with you on keeping sex a surprise. Everything has been so clinical and scientific, so having one 'random' thing will be nice . I find that knowing I can ring the clinic anytime to find out the sex (from our CGH results) actually makes me less curious to know the result. Enjoy winding things down at work and getting ready to meet your little one!

Vizab- Hi and welcome. It was me who posted in the May 2014 thread that you started. Glad the ladies have jumped in with their experiences of no MS while on prednisolone, hope that has reassured you. How was your 3rd BT yesterday?

Sootymay- Welcome to the thread . You sure have been busy reading!! Most of us do have treatment in Syd with Dr Matthias, but there's a lady on the FB group who is Melbourne based and her FS gives intralipids down there. Definitely have a phone consult with Dr M and get him to do all the testing. Once he's given you a treatment plan you could then decide where/how to get the infusions (if you need them). As for flying at 4-5wks pregnant that would be no problem, so go ahead and plan your NZ holiday. I had my first infusion 6 days before FET and I'll be 6wks pregnant on Sunday for my 2nd one. I hope you're on a short path to a BFP from here on in

MGC- definitely wise to keep your appointment with Dr M even though you're already cycling. I'm really curious as to what will show up in the tests your FS has finally agreed to run! And yes it is extremely frustrating that these things are not routinely checked before we waste precious time and $$ on failed cycles.

Stillhope- so pleased that my success had given you some hope & excitement for your own BFP to come! Did you have the follow up BT yet since starting dex?

Timetoshine- have you got your latest surface marker results yet?

Hi to Bella, Crofty, B123, Romy, Kiwi, Lite and everyone else

AFM- After a nerve-wracking week I had a follow up BT yesterday and my beta HCG has risen from 325 to 4512 (doubling time 44.5hrs) . I can't explain how relieved I was after thinking that my immune system would be overpowering the embie and my levels would drop. Dr M sure knows how to keep our babies safe, I think I love that man! Going in for my 2nd dose of intralipids this coming Sunday 15/9 and actually looking forward to the chill-out time. I'm going to have a 3rd BT next week and then my 7wk scan is booked for 24/9.
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 11-09-2013 at 11:03.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-09-2013),sootymay  (11-09-2013),StillHope  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update before I get stuck into work - morph scan completed, all measuring on track at 19w2d - all bits and pieces are in the right places. And it's still a blue one - lol daddy got to video mummy and bubby - mummy isn't such a great commentator - so I'll stick to my day job!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-09-2013)