Firstly, congratulations on all the positive pregnancies on here! What a wonderful group you all are and another wonderful forum on Bubhub - priceless.
I just found your wonderful forum on immune issues and I must say it is a wealth of information like the South African one I am on. I've been sitting here for hours reading from the first thread and am now on Page 19 of the 2nd, its been wonderful reading and I'm so happy for you all. Like you all, I wish I had known about this earlier, when I had good numbers & beautiful 5 day blastocysts that didn't take, that was when I was 38, but now 42 & egg numbers & I guess quality started to diminish too. I think, was it Helenmac that started this thread? I am on the same forum as helenmac (SA donor egg forum) and am booked and ready to go to Cape Town in November for donor eggs. I just wasn't prepared to keep going through cycles, emotionally, physically & financially with a "10%" chance & the additional risk of things going wrong... big decision, but now that I've made it, I'm not looking back and feel totally at peace with our decision.
I just wanted to ask you all if I could.... as I don't think I've been able to find to date with what I've read tonight - if you have Dr Mathais's contact details and also what the cost of IVIG is when you have it done?
We are in Melbourne. When I first commenced IVF it was with Dr Burmeister at Monash IVF & after a couple of unsuccessful attempts she had me on the "Colorado" treatment, seems similar to Dr M's / Dr Beers etc - which was antibiotic's, asprin/astrix, & prednisolone + progesterone (& then clexane the last few cycles). Anyway, long story short, we changed clinic and have a different FS now. I’ve had verbal results back today from an uterine biopsy and do have “elevated NK Cells” – I’ve asked for the report to be sent to me, so until then I don’t have any detail on me yet. I was a bit surprised by my FS’s comments when I asked a copy – “it wont mean anything to you” – I couldn't believe it - hes a darling & I have the upmost respect for him, but once again, sometimes we are treated like mere mortals!!... I paid hundreds of dollars for that test! Anyways he is sending it out and I will send to my Dr in Cape Town for assessment as well.
I read the transcript that one of the ladies put on here for Dr Beer (thank you), I’d never heard of the book, gosh, its another minefield this NKC business. I was already going to be on Clexane 40mg 12 days prior to transfer, Prednisolone 15mg per day for approx 23 days prior to transfer, & possibly Intralipids infusion 5 days prior to transfer (now that the biopsy has come back elevated) – other than this & the Caltrate Plus that most seem to be taking (I assume these are the ones you can buy online or in a health food shop?) and the fish oil – is there really anything different that Dr M would prescribe?
Sorry for all the questions – I am happy to try and book in to have a phone consult with him, but I suspect we may be running out of time, as have read here he takes awhile o get into? I’m not into self diagnosing!!!... but have the scripts and some previous supplies for all of the above... so could probably take more prednisolone anyway, I think 15mg's fairly low, and with another FS was on more.
What do you all think? I guess if I got BFP it would be good to be under his care anyways as an insurance that the pregnancy keeps going.
Thanks so much for letting me jump in on here. Hoping you can all offer me some good advice! Thanks so much.