Closed Thread
Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Firstly, congratulations on all the positive pregnancies on here! What a wonderful group you all are and another wonderful forum on Bubhub - priceless.

I just found your wonderful forum on immune issues and I must say it is a wealth of information like the South African one I am on. I've been sitting here for hours reading from the first thread and am now on Page 19 of the 2nd, its been wonderful reading and I'm so happy for you all. Like you all, I wish I had known about this earlier, when I had good numbers & beautiful 5 day blastocysts that didn't take, that was when I was 38, but now 42 & egg numbers & I guess quality started to diminish too. I think, was it Helenmac that started this thread? I am on the same forum as helenmac (SA donor egg forum) and am booked and ready to go to Cape Town in November for donor eggs. I just wasn't prepared to keep going through cycles, emotionally, physically & financially with a "10%" chance & the additional risk of things going wrong... big decision, but now that I've made it, I'm not looking back and feel totally at peace with our decision.

I just wanted to ask you all if I could.... as I don't think I've been able to find to date with what I've read tonight - if you have Dr Mathais's contact details and also what the cost of IVIG is when you have it done?

We are in Melbourne. When I first commenced IVF it was with Dr Burmeister at Monash IVF & after a couple of unsuccessful attempts she had me on the "Colorado" treatment, seems similar to Dr M's / Dr Beers etc - which was antibiotic's, asprin/astrix, & prednisolone + progesterone (& then clexane the last few cycles). Anyway, long story short, we changed clinic and have a different FS now. I’ve had verbal results back today from an uterine biopsy and do have “elevated NK Cells” – I’ve asked for the report to be sent to me, so until then I don’t have any detail on me yet. I was a bit surprised by my FS’s comments when I asked a copy – “it wont mean anything to you” – I couldn't believe it - hes a darling & I have the upmost respect for him, but once again, sometimes we are treated like mere mortals!!... I paid hundreds of dollars for that test! Anyways he is sending it out and I will send to my Dr in Cape Town for assessment as well.

I read the transcript that one of the ladies put on here for Dr Beer (thank you), I’d never heard of the book, gosh, its another minefield this NKC business. I was already going to be on Clexane 40mg 12 days prior to transfer, Prednisolone 15mg per day for approx 23 days prior to transfer, & possibly Intralipids infusion 5 days prior to transfer (now that the biopsy has come back elevated) – other than this & the Caltrate Plus that most seem to be taking (I assume these are the ones you can buy online or in a health food shop?) and the fish oil – is there really anything different that Dr M would prescribe?

Sorry for all the questions – I am happy to try and book in to have a phone consult with him, but I suspect we may be running out of time, as have read here he takes awhile o get into? I’m not into self diagnosing!!!... but have the scripts and some previous supplies for all of the above... so could probably take more prednisolone anyway, I think 15mg's fairly low, and with another FS was on more.

What do you all think? I guess if I got BFP it would be good to be under his care anyways as an insurance that the pregnancy keeps going.

Thanks so much for letting me jump in on here. Hoping you can all offer me some good advice! Thanks so much.
    Last edited by sootymay; 05-09-2013 at 21:24. Reason: Copied from word and spaces were removed during pasting into BHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vizab. Welcome and congratulations on your postive result!!!!

Welcome sootymay! If i were you then i would take more steroids. Get a phone consult with Dr M. I was not with him but i took 40mg a day. Also double the progesterone dose that your IVF dr tells you to take, i was on 400mg x 2.
    Best of luck to you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    B123 - Thank you for your warm welcome and advice. I'm still frantically reading trying to catch up, stayed up till 10.30pm last night and am back on this morning from 7am - up to Page 48 (which is back in June/July) .... but just jumped ahead to the last page to see if any responses, so thank you for yours. I refuse to jump ahead (like a good book!) - and am determined to read every single post and gain as much information as I can before asking too many questions. These forums are wonderful, its like our SA forum, once I found it, I was not alone anymore. So thank you everyone. I am really loving reading this one too, you ladies are quite gorgeous, witty & very strong with what some of you have been going through. I will phone Dr M today and get the ball rolling in the meantime. I'm hoping that if there is more serious treatment involved that maybe someone in Melbourne does intralipids? - Dr M would be worthwhile to set up a satellite clinic/option here!!? Talk soon xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...mums-last.html

I hope this link works. Let's hope someone will start doing randomised trials on immune therapy....
    Thank you so much for this link Scruffy. It gives me hope, as a newie to start really understanding the NKC issues... I don't think I realised how serious they could be until I stumbled across this forum & these articles and links that everyone has kindly shared. I rang Dr M's office and have a phone consult booked for 19 September. Feeling like I am in safe hands now if there are any issues that need addressing with the "elevated NKC biopsy" I had done a few weeks ago. Thanks again everyone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem SootyMay, glad you have found this thread. All the girls are lovely, supportive and knowledgable!!

Crofty - we don't know the sex, I wanted a surprise after everything else that has been so known / planned.
    Also probably stopped me buying too much!! ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay - finally I JUST finished reading all the posts, started at 7am this morning - now 1pm! Thanks everyone xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi vizab and sootymay
    congratulations vizaab on your pregnancy. I only started to get nausea at week 9 and am now b pleased it didn't start earlier but like you I hoped the lack of symptoms didn't mean anything but now I think its just the pred.
    sootymay glad you found us and have an appointment with Dr m. Like b123 I think he will n likely recommend a higher pred dose. I can't help you with intralipids in Melbourne but I believe that someone once wrote that one clinic does them. I am able to get them in gold Coast. I hope Dr m can give you more answers and a good plan to get you your baby. Good luck x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy1 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all goes well in your final weeks scruffy. So exciting look forward to hearing whether it's a little boy or girl x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy1 For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Ladies, this is a bit of a random question, not related to NK Cells at all. But I've noticed most of you are flying to Sydney for treatment & this made me think you ladies would be best equipped to answer it! I'm still deciding if I think it's safe to fly overseas for xmas this year (If our cycle works, I would just be 4-5 weeks at time of flying). I know I'm been really paranoid, but you know what it's like, when you've invested so much, everything is super sensitive! Does anyone know if there really is any risk at all? "They" say there isn't, but gosh... and then I thought well obviously Dr M doesn't and he is definitely on our side, as a lot of us are flying up to Sydney around that 4-5th week (& beyond) for treatment. Thanks heaps, I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sootymay, I have recently been in a situation where I was preparing to fly long haul (22hrs) and discovered I was pregnant but not on immune treatments. For me the flying was not the problem and Dr M had no problem with me flying but rather I needed to start intralipds and immune treatments ASAP and it was for that reason I did not fly. Had I been on immune treatments prior to conception as intended I would have felt more confident and flown.

Today is my 3rd day of brown spotting and bed rest and the bed rest does not seem to be making any difference. The stress is ridiculous!