Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you! 6 weeks is an okay time in terms of fs I say!

I just posted this on my original post but thought I'd pop it in here. I suppose my next question is - Is FVL (blood clotting disorder) an autoimmune disorder? Does it cause my body to reject the baby and how? Is it different to NK cells and ANA or is there a link?

Just found this information on the Genea website which rules out blood to baby issues I think.

Reference:

http://www.genea.com.au/Fertility-an...pregnancy-loss

"For a long time, it was believed that thicker, "sticky" blood can cause first trimester miscarriages because it leads to blood clots in the developing placenta, preventing the embryo from getting the oxygen it needs. We now know that the first trimester placenta doesn't actually have any blood flowing through it- blood vessels are developing but they are plugged by placenta cells. In addition, our experience with embryos in IVF has taught us that oxygen is toxic to early embryos, so direct blood flow would be damaging."

But then this:

"It now appears that the antiphospholipid antibodies in acquired thrombophilias, or the proteins made by genes in inherited thrombophilias, prevent the placental cells from properly attaching to the mother's uterus. Without normal placenta development, the embryo cannot grow."

So...how do I get these placental cells to attach properly to the uterus???

Have any of you been told why you have had a normal pregnancy/ies and then gone on to having problems?
    Last edited by Little Ted; 01-09-2013 at 13:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little Ted, I do not have FVL but have two copies of MTHFR which is also an inherited clotting disorder although unlike FVL I also have only a 10% ability to metabolise folate. The treatment for all clotting disorders is basically clexene while pregnant. I had my daughter 3 years ago without any blood thinners and without even knowing I had a clotting disorder but after trying several pregnancies on blood thinners and still losing, for me it is obvious that it is only part of the problem. Lots of women have babies everyday on clexene but from my own experience I would urge you to get tested for everything first. For many ladies with autoimmune issues there is more than one thing going on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd better pop in an update here! My TWW finished yesterday and its a BFP for us!! bHCG was 325 at 16dpo and P4 was 107. I cannot believe I've joined the ranks of the lucky first timers on Dr M's protocol! Its just too good to be true . I've called Dr Ms office this morning and Gwyneth is going to ring me back this afternoon/evening with further instructions.

Stillhope- I am so excited for your next cycle to start! We both have the thyroid antibodies and NK imbalance, so if the treatment worked for me that bodes very well for you!! How are you going on the dex so far?

MGC- really pleased to see you've booked in with Dr M before you potentially waste any more precious embies. Waiting for the appointment must be a real drag, I hope you've got plenty to keep you busy in the meantime. There is a list of tests you can ask the GP to run for you, Dr M will still do more bloodwork though and the NK biopsy. If you want to get the same tests I had before going to Dr M, refer to post #26 in my TTC diary http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...urn-soon/page2

Nidhulaine- I was so thrilled to read your bubba has a healthy heartbeat and you've made it through a huge milestone! Congrats!!

Little Ted- very sorry to hear of your losses and your struggle with TTC #4. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions as my issues are different to yours, but Dr M is definitely the man to see. The 6 wk wait will be worth it.

Helen- Good luck with your 2nd LIT this week!

Kiwi- Its Sep!! Bring on your FET cycle and sticky BFP

Hope- where are things up to for you?

Lissy- thinking of you and little bear. I hope things are looking up for you at long last.

Timetoshine- Are you having any more infusions? Wouldn't it be funny if we were having them together again!

Hi to everyone else

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

kiwi77  (04-09-2013),StillHope  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call update...

On a break/between cycles
    Festivalgirl
    Earthpower
    Zakmik
    Mayflower
    MrsErinR
    Hummingbird
    Hope06

Testing/Investigating - biopsy, lap/hyst/dye, Natural Killer (NK) & other bloods
    Onelove
    Samosk
    MGC Bertie
    Little Ted

Cycle Underway – jabbing/sniffing/pill-popping
    Helen- LIT then fresh ED cycle
    StillHope- Steroids then fresh cycle
    Kiwi- FET

TWW

UTD
    Scruffy - Oct 2013
    RomySydney – Nov 2013
    kaz999 - Nov 2013
    Lissyloulou - Jan 2014
    Crofty - Feb 2014
    YellowBird - Feb 2014
    B123 - Feb 2014
    Timetoshine - Feb 2014
    Sweetlemonade - Mars 2014?
    Woody1982 - Mars 2014?
    jaandaw - Mars 2014?
    Sandy1 - April 2014
    Litefantastic - April 2014
    SimpsonDesert - May 2014

Immune Protocol graduates!!!
    Nat84u – DS Feb 13
    Bella978 - DD June 2013

Lillac did have her DS in July 2013, but she didn't end up needing immune treatment

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-09-2013),StillHope  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Simpson, woooohoooooo!!!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you, I got goose pumps!!!! This is bloody FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulation, very great news! And then you have me an extra smile on my face and great big hope too:-) with "our" autoimmune disease. I still have one more week on dex until my BT and I'll let you know then what dr. M has to say.
    But you concentrate on your happyness and enjoy being a mummy soon :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Simpson I was only thinking about you this morning and wondering about your outcome, fabulous news! So happy for you.

I started to bleed this morning and am home on bed rest with extra progesterone, steroids and off the clexene for 3 days, still in shock as we thought everything was going so well and I never bleed with my daughter, my only successful pregnancy. Can't help thinking the worst!

Sandy how are u going and what happened with your bleeding? Anyone else with bleeding or spotting and it worked out ok?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Nidhulaine how terrifying. I hope that everything is OK with bub and the bleeding stops ASAP. Several of the ladies here had bleeding scares, I hope they can give you some reassuring advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Simpson Desert, at least your good news has cheered me up

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson... firstly a big congratulations on your confirmed BT. That's fabulous news. Thanks also for directing me to your long list of tests - I will cross reference them with the long list I already made - seeing my GP in 2 weeks time, so will see how many she can do before going to Dr M's appointment. Thanks heaps.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that nidhulaine :-/ what a worry. I hope the girls can tell from there experience. I heard and I had (15 years ago) brown blood which comes from the cervix I believe. This should be ok. Red blood should be the worry. You might be better of going to the doc then.
    good luck and I hope it will ease soon.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

Nidhulaine  (05-09-2013)