Closed Thread
Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉✨✨✨ so exciting to see that heartbeat, especially after such a tough journey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome and congrats nidhulaine! We have a private fb group- if you, mcgbertie and anyone else want to join please PM me your email address

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats nidhulaine!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news nidhulaine! There is nothing like seeing that heart beat. I had 4 prior losses and this was also the first time I have ever seen a heart beat so I can feel your relief. So happy for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    more questions?
    got my test results from Dr M yesterday and as expected confirmed high uterine and blood natural killer cells but also very high 1/640 antinuclear antibodies? Was wondering if any of you ladies have this and at this high a level? Dr Google was probably not a good idea because it appears that this result is similar to someone with Rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus and apart from endometriosis I was't aware of any autoimmune disease. Also frustrated as I know I have been tested for this before but no other Dr identified it as an issue. Feeling so much more confident seeing Dr M now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013),StillHope  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nidhulaine.... well that's interesting that you have high uterine and blood NK cells and high ANA, but you've become pregnant without Dr M's intrallipid treatment. Let's hope this pregnancy sticks and that you don't have to worry any further :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nidhulaine I have high nk cells in uterus as well as ana of 1:1280. I had a heap of additional testing looking for an autoimmune issue and nothing came up. Dr m said it may mean I will have something in future, it can appear after your child bearing years, or he said I could be one of the people who just has these but doesn't mean anything else autoimmune is going on. Definitely has a bearing on miscarriage though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies. I have had 3 successful pregnancies and 3 mc in a row - 2 of them ending around 7-8 week mark. I have hetero FVL and have been told that it shouldn't be an issue at this early stage of the pregnancy - there seems to be implantation and sustaining issues of some sort.

Though I'm also sure that I've been sick in the last 18 or so months that this has been going on with sinus infections, colds, etc. (not a lot - just the norm) and I've heard that some women with nk cells or ana tend to be super immune to such illnesses - is this right?

Is anyone seeing an immunologist in Newcastle or is it mainly Dr M in Sydney? How long does it take to get a phone consult may I ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little ted, I replied again on the other thread but just wanted to say I also get a lot of colds. I haven't ever really had other sicknesses but colds always hit me. I think some of these ladies never get sick at all, so I think it affects each of us a bit differently. I think dr m is also the only one who treats this seriously and aggressively in Australia? The other ladies will be able to confirm. Some of them even consult drs in USA for more help as it is pretty limited in aus xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC, I only ever conceive in a the same cycle as a Laparoscopy or DNC and out of those 8 pregnancies only the two where conception occurred prior to scratching the uterus, have we seen a heartbeat. Dr M described it as something very common in immune ladies where even if embryo try's to implant it is only partially camouflaged and the immune system gradually starts to see it and attack it, in my case everytime I got between 5 and 6 weeks there was development on ultrasound but slow and then I would bleed week 6, so for me the intralipids will hopefully camouflage my embryo till it has a placenta.
    Dr M also said that's why the take the biopsy from the centre of the uterus as it always gives a good site for embryo implantation, something to think about for anyone with a laparoscopy coming up as I am definitely not his only patient who can only conceive like this, he actually told me he had someone else as recently as a month behind me who had never been pregnant before and was pregnant after her laparoscopy. Laprascopies are generally performed on days 7-9 before ovulation but because Dr M is doing it to get a killer cell biopsy he does it after day 25 so if there is a fertilised embryo around the chances of implantation are high.

Timetoshine you have made me feel better once again, Dr Google is a scary place and as I said I don't think I have any symptoms of anything so knowing nothing came up for you after testing will prob stop me from trying to diagnosis myself with something, ha! ha! (Way too much time on the Internet lately!)

Little Ted, growing up and all through my 20's I had lots of colds, flu and sinus but after I had my daughter 3 years ago I am virtually never sick, it has completely flipped so like Timetoshine said its different for each of us but also different at different times in our lives.
    As far as a Dr goes, Dr M is the way to go, it took me 6 weeks to get an appointment but I finally feel like I am getting somewhere as someone is finally listening and being proactive rather than just waiting to see if I miscarry again. It's definitely a trek from Newcastle but Dr Matthias really is the only proper reproductive immunologist I have come across. Good luck

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (01-09-2013),StillHope  (31-08-2013)