Closed Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks hummingbird
    My tests were done in Australia only requested by Dr M, I think it depends on your issues and history as some more sophisticated tests are not available or as good a quality in Australia? He said to me if we needed to do further testing that I would need to do the Chicago bloods, but also as I was so close to starting my cycle there was not enough time for the results to come back anyway, so we just did the aust ones. I think if I had another failed cycle he would have recommended Chicago bloods. Nk cells are also called natural killer cells in the long form maybe when you are looking it up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Sorry its been a while for me. Life hasnt been the best as have had this ectopic pregnancy going on. Had a D&C which showed it wasnt in my uterus and then went in for the laproscopy last thursday and turned out to be in my right tube which has now been removed. So not the best couple of weeks but on a more possitive note:

Lissy OMG I am over the moon for you and your hubby!!!! Wow that gives me so much hope that Wazza and Dr M are the winning combo. I spoke to Dr M last week actually and was a little dissapointed as the conversation ony went for 10 minutes and he bascially just said you need more bloods done which left me a little deflated but I guess solving problems takes time and I should be a bit more patient. What a factastic gift for your wedding anniversary - take it easy, I look forward to hearing your milestones

Timetoshine: Glad all went well with Dr M and that you have an immune plan in place

Bella enjoy this time before your little mirracle arrives!!!!!

Crofty: Goos luck for your BT next wednesday!!

Hope: Have you started cycling with Wazza? Hows it going? As I am sure you would know this ectopic thing has thrown me for a six, unfortunately I think I need a little break after this to get my head and body right again. I have an appointment with Wazza for the 22nd of July so that may work out ok. I will have three frozens with dr Ong, but maybe I should go straight to Wazza after Lissy. I'll look forward to hearing how it all goes for you - sounds like a winning combo.

Kiwi: congrats on the cute baby belly

Litefantastic: Good luck with EPU

B123: good luck with your cycle

Hi to Hummingbird, yellowbird and all other girls x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Is anyone able to explain to me how you interpret the surface marker blood test results from laverty pathology as ordered by dr m?
    Dr m gave me the print out and said it's all about the ratios but couldn't explain it to me....
    Surely there has to be some way to interpret ...him telling me "it's under control" isn't really enough for me to work out what's going on and make a decision re another intralipid ...

Bella .. Do u know??

Thanks a million in advance xxx

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid
    *** BFP due Nov 2013 ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I wish I had something better to say, through everything it definately helps to be planning our next steps. July will be here quickly, perhaps it is perfect timing, it sounds like a great idea to give your mind and body a small break so you are fighting fit to get onto a hopefully winning combo for you too!!!

My conversation was very short with Dr M too, and it worried me a bit, but I feel confident he knows his stuff, especially seeing so many others on similar treatment having success. And yeah it was just a 'you need bloods' thing, then went from there and has been very simple really. Only one further phone consult to discuss blood results, the rest just passing messages through Gwyneth to check on any protocol changes yesterday with the hcg & progesterone numbers. It almost felt too simple! It was just me needing to accept that's all it was going to be, as it's a strange feeling to consult a doctor over the phone I think cause you don't seem to have long winded conversations.

Whether you decide to do more cycles with Kee or not, all I can share is my experience, and it has been a complete 180 treatment wise, and I'm not just talking stim phase (which I think you said was almost identical to mine and got you the 5 blasts?). I have been on a plethora of drugs, I had no idea it was even possible to take so much, and this is not just including Dr M stuff, wazza added a lot of other things too. Of course I was willing to take anything, and you never really know what was the one thing that got you over the line or if it was a combination of many things. The difference with you and i though is i've never fallen pregnant before, so eventhough things have been terrible this time for you, you did fall pregnant seeing kee. I couldn't even manage that, and it terrifies me not knowing if this will last or go wrong for me too. I am having such stomach cramps and back pain and although everyone says it's normal I feel so scared like I am getting my period, and upping the steroids today has not helped my anxiety levels! Feel free to pm me if you want any further details on my protocol, i think I may have written it some pages back.

Thankyou for your support and congratulations during your time of enormous pain, it shows what a compassionate and kind hearted person you are. I truly hope I will be the one cheering you on when the time is right for you to try again.
    Take care xx
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 25-05-2013 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i cant help you there Romy.

Lissyloulou: both the tablets (steroids) and the iv drugs work on the whole body. What we need it for it to work inside the uterus. Drugs given iv work better because the drugs go "Undisturbed" to the rigth area. Durgs that we take orally have to go throug the digestive system and the liver brakes a part off the down before they get to the bloodstreem.

I went here: http://www.naturalkillercells.co.uk/ for my test. (London, England).

Lissyloulou: When will you have the next intralipid?
    My dr said i should have 1 ivig before transfer, 1 when positive, 1 on week 8 and the last one on week 12.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs sandy I'm so sorry it turned out to be ectopic.

Romy, I'm sorry I can't help you. I never asked my results. I think (from memory) i'd have the BT for surface markers a few weeks after each Intralipid. Then a few days later call Gwyneth and adhe would tell me when dr m wanted me to have the next infusion. How far are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    B123, thanks for that explanation! It makes a lot of sense.
    My next intralipid will be Monday. I was told to do one as soon as I got a bfp too, so I got that on Friday and they booked me in as soon as they could

Thanks
    Reviews
    14 weeks ... My last intralipid was 12 weeks .. I've had 3 since BFP confirmed

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid
    *BFP due Nov 2013 *

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I had 5 all up. One before transfer, one at 5.5wks, 11-ish, 19 and 26 wks. Has dr m mentioned if he wants you to have more?
    Ps congrats on 14 wks - that's awesome! Do you have your morph scan booked? Will you find out the gender?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella when did you stop all prednisolone?

I have just been told I need another intralipid. He also never tells me my levels and I would love to know how he makes his decisions. It's such a hassle and expense arranging from Perth ... I am forever grateful for Dr M for the BFP but now just want to feel like a normal pregnant lady without all these meds an interventions.